U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

13,423 posts, read 6,425,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Take your pick many of them address the issue of Canada lending a hand in the relief effort which is more than can be said of trump who is outrright refusing to allow any Bahamians into the country,maybe he will ship them some paper towels..

Yet Bahamians have come to the US after the hurricane. What Trump is not allowing (and rightly so) is for them to get TPS. There is no need for TPS when much of the Bahamas is still intact.

Try yet again.

So, what you are saying is that Canada isn't allowing any Bahamians to come to Canada. Got it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

1,373 posts, read 220,538 times
Quote:
Take your pick many of them address the issue of Canada lending a hand in the relief effort which is more than can be said of trump who is outrright refusing to allow any Bahamians into the country,maybe he will ship them some paper towels..
Are you saying Canada is not allowing Bahamian refugees stay in Canada?

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

34,885 posts, read 42,090,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Are you saying Canada is not allowing Bahamian refugees stay in Canada?
Is that what you are reading into my posts? If so Reading comprehension isnt one of your main skill set. If Bahamians want to come to Canada i'm sure they will be welcomed.

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

1,373 posts, read 220,538 times
Quote:
Is that what you are reading into my posts? If so Reading comprehension isnt one of your main skill set. If Bahamians want to come to Canada i'm sure they will be welcomed.
Then how come Canada is not stepping to take these hurricane refugees? Canadians like to brag about their free healthcare and high standard of living. I am sure these refugees wouldn't mind to settle in your country

Or is this a case of NIMBY?

Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

5,032 posts, read 1,016,435 times
Quote:
Then how come Canada is not stepping to take these hurricane refugees? Canadians like to brag about their free healthcare and high standard of living. I am sure these refugees wouldn't mind to settle in your country

Wonder how many ASKED to come to Canada, rather than a short ferry ride of fewer than 100 miles away. Can't imagine why they would do that, right?

Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

13,423 posts, read 6,425,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Wonder how many ASKED to come to Canada, rather than a short ferry ride of fewer than 100 miles away. Can't imagine why they would do that, right?
Why wouldn't they ask to come to Canada? After all, people from all over the world ask to come to Canada. Why is Canada waiting for them to ask instead of offering to take them in?

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM

22,871 posts, read 9,754,332 times
Maybe Trump should offer some of them jobs at Maralago instead of importing employees from Eastern Europe. They're hiring and always claiming that no Americans will take the jobs. The guy who doesn't like immigration has always hired foreigners. Why not Bahamians?

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

7,762 posts, read 3,175,374 times
Quote:
I heard we're going to send them 10,000 Popeye's chicken sandwiches.

Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM

25,068 posts, read 12,298,280 times
Well it’s tropical storm Humberto. On its present path it will rearrange the rubble on Abaco.

Old Today, 05:41 AM

34,885 posts, read 42,090,251 times
Quote:

I'm sure if they ask they will be welcomed just like these Syrian refugees were helped https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater .
No building walls or putting kids in cages just humanitarian and respectfull treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or