Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 06:31 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure if they ask they will be welcomed just like these Syrian refugees were helped https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater .
No building walls or putting kids in cages just humanitarian and respectfull treatment.
Oh, so Canada got 400,000 asylum seekers flooding their southern border in a span of about 7 months? I did not know that. I am sure Canada would welcome and open their border for 400,000 people in that time span a d let them join 11,000,000 illegal aliens currently existing in their country

Those syrian refugees probably had to stay in a refugee camp for years somewhere in Turkey and vetted religiously by UNHCR before Canada gave them travel docs to immigrate to Canada.

But It's totally the same thing like whats going on at US/Mex border, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 06:34 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
[quote=T-310;56173011]Well it’s tropical storm Humberto. On its present path it will rearrange the rubble on Abaco.[
Hope it stays further out. But more trouble brewing in The Atlantic. Many here just have no clue

Old 09-14-2019, 06:37 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Well trump is a horrible human being so are you surprised?

Old 09-14-2019, 06:40 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
[quote=tinytrump;56174245]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Well it’s tropical storm Humberto. On its present path it will rearrange the rubble on Abaco.[
Hope it stays further out. But more trouble brewing in The Atlantic. Many here just have no clue
No trouble at all. It is another dud with nothing more than rain.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:46 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
In most of the USA, people affected by storms etc, band together to help rebuild. They move in with relatives or others and start rebuilding. These people run away? Who do they think is going to rebuild for them?

Old 09-14-2019, 09:10 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, I'll ask you, too, --- What is your country, Canada, doing about this?

Has it ever occurred to you that Americans have compassion fatigue? Since 1965, we have allowed in 50 million legal immigrants plus we have countless millions of illegals from all over the world. For, example, back in the 80s, the Soviets were sending Jewish people to the US. The US government kept asking synagogues to sponsor these refugees. At first the synagogues were happy to help. Then it got to the point where they were getting so many refugees that it burdened them both financially and emotionally---thus compassion fatigue. To add insult to injury, it was later found out that many of these people sent here weren't Jewish at all. It turned out that the Soviets dumped a good number of their prisoners on us. The end result of that is an active Russian mafia in Russian neighborhoods in NYC.

Time for your country to step up its game.
These Canadians on C-D remind of me when I was living & working in SE Asia(mostly Vietnam and Cambodia). When I was first arrived there, I was shocked to see how many homeless children on the street begging for money and food. It is something you don’t see back home in America. At first I was very generous by giving those kids money and buying them food, but as time goes by I started to realize hey I cannot continue to give those kids money or I will be homeless myself when I run out of money. Then I realized & understood why the local people do not care about the homeless kids.

Canadians on C-D act all high and mighty because they are not sharing a border with Mexico, or have 11 million illegal aliens living in their country, or have 400,000+ asylum seekers flooding their border in a span of several months. This is why they act high and mighty because it is not happening to them.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9098391.html

Trump claims Bahamians are very bad people, criminals, refuses to let helpless Bahaman refugees into the USA...
The World Isn’t Ready For Climate Refugees

"Rising sea levels, wildfires, drought or a slow-moving hurricane can all threaten your way of life as surely as a bomb. But unlike victims of war for whom the causes and effects of the threats are clear and codified, there are no protections for environmental migrants."

Old 09-14-2019, 10:36 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
In most of the USA, people affected by storms etc, band together to help rebuild. They move in with relatives or others and start rebuilding. These people run away? Who do they think is going to rebuild for them?
Nope:
Why some Hurricane Dorian survivors are staying on Abaco: ‘We believe in bouncing back.’

“Everybody just can’t leave,” said Cornish, driving past water-clogged vehicles with missing windows, brown vegetation and collapsed houses on the lonely stretch. “I am going to stay and try to build, put it back together. I am an Abaconian. We believe in bouncing back.”

Old 09-14-2019, 10:38 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9098391.html

Trump claims Bahamians are very bad people, criminals, refuses to let helpless Bahaman refugees into the USA...

The Bahamas are part of the British commonwealth counties.. let them handle it and take in refugees and help rebuild. The US needs to give humanitarian aid if asked but nothing more.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:47 AM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope:
Why some Hurricane Dorian survivors are staying on Abaco: ‘We believe in bouncing back.’

“Everybody just can’t leave,” said Cornish, driving past water-clogged vehicles with missing windows, brown vegetation and collapsed houses on the lonely stretch. “I am going to stay and try to build, put it back together. I am an Abaconian. We believe in bouncing back.”

https://share.america.gov/usaid-send...ricane-dorian/

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/wea...235009822.html

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...234660687.html

https://www.voanews.com/americas/aid...rricane-dorian

https://www.redcross.org/about-us/ne...ing-to-us.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies