U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

25,075 posts, read 12,307,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Oh, so Canada got 400,000 asylum seekers flooding their southern border in a span of about 7 months? I did not know that. I am sure Canada would welcome and open their border for 400,000 people in that time span a d let them join 11,000,000 illegal aliens currently existing in their country

Those syrian refugees probably had to stay in a refugee camp for years somewhere in Turkey and vetted religiously by UNHCR before Canada gave them travel docs to immigrate to Canada.

But It's totally the same thing like whats going on at US/Mex border, right?
It’s Haitians whose TPS is expiring and Trump rightfully won’t renew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

13,425 posts, read 6,428,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Well trump is a horrible human being so are you surprised?

Trump is horrible because he's allowed Bahamians to come here? He's allowing them to come as tourists but they are expected to return home. What he is doing---and rightly so---is not giving them TPS

You, globalist and antifa member, are free to invite these Bahamians to live with you. Or, since you hate the US with a passion can return to your own country, which is in the ME, correct?

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

9,285 posts, read 4,566,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope:
Why some Hurricane Dorian survivors are staying on Abaco: ‘We believe in bouncing back.’

“Everybody just can’t leave,” said Cornish, driving past water-clogged vehicles with missing windows, brown vegetation and collapsed houses on the lonely stretch. “I am going to stay and try to build, put it back together. I am an Abaconian. We believe in bouncing back.”

They wouldn't have had to have a u.s. visa before, but they do now.

You're first link is about USAID; a little history:

USAID History

"When the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) was created, it brought together several existing foreign assistance organizations and programs. Until then, there had never been a single agency charged with foreign economic development, so with the passage of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (pdf) by Congress, U.S. foreign assistance activities underwent a major transformation."

So when I saw that, it is a similar program to which I am familiar VISTA, guess what I know about that now (cause I looked it up awhile back):

U.S. Orders Freeze of Foreign Aid, Bypassing Congress

These programs are having to rely on private contributions to stay afloat, since Trump took office. So why does the u.s. [government] take a crap on these people? That's the greater question here.

Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Trump is horrible because he's allowed Bahamians to come here? He's allowing them to come as tourists but they are expected to return home. What he is doing---and rightly so---is not giving them TPS

You, globalist and antifa member, are free to invite these Bahamians to live with you. Or, since you hate the US with a passion can return to your own country, which is in the ME, correct?
We were born in America same as you and are Americans same as you. Trump on the other hand, I'm not so sure.

Maybe you BOS2IAD, have ethnic ties to a country, you'd like to go to? In case you can't hear it in the tone of the text --- knock it off, that _ is just getting to old.

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s Haitians whose TPS is expiring and Trump rightfully won’t renew it.
I have never seen a country so admit about kicking out tax payers in all my life as I have in the America today ... it's just wild to watch.

Is it true what they say, 'less is more'? Seems the u.s. is working on finding out about the truth to that statement.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

7,291 posts, read 7,914,124 times
Quote:
And yet:
'This Is Eco-Apartheid': Post-Dorian Refugees Fleeing Bahamas Ordered Off Ferry Bound for US

They were kicked off the ferry because the owner did not clear the manifest with border patrol as they were instructed to do. Lots of hype over nothing.

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

34,191 posts, read 42,777,616 times
Quote:
And yet:
'This Is Eco-Apartheid': Post-Dorian Refugees Fleeing Bahamas Ordered Off Ferry Bound for US

You're first link is about USAID; a little history:

USAID History

"When the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) was created, it brought together several existing foreign assistance organizations and programs. Until then, there had never been a single agency charged with foreign economic development, so with the passage of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (pdf) by Congress, U.S. foreign assistance activities underwent a major transformation."

So when I saw that, it is a similar program to which I am familiar VISTA, guess what I know about that now (cause I looked it up awhile back):

U.S. Orders Freeze of Foreign Aid, Bypassing Congress

These programs are having to rely on private contributions to stay afloat, since Trump took office. So why does the u.s. [government] take a crap on these people? That's the greater question here.
A US government agency is soliciting private donations?

The funding freeze was imposed August 7 and lifted August 9. You apparently missed that or, more likely, were attempting to be dishonest.

The reality is that aid from the US is and has been flowing to the Bahamas since before the hurricane hit.

As far as sending TPS Haitians back, when does "temporary" run out. The earthquake was almost ten years ago.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

The funding freeze was imposed August 7 and lifted August 9. You apparently missed that or, more likely, were attempting to be dishonest.

The reality is that aid from the US is and has been flowing to the Bahamas since before the hurricane hit.

As far as sending TPS Haitians back, when does "temporary" run out. The earthquake was almost ten years ago.
Quote:
If you looked into it you'd find out and then you would not be asking that question. I looked at it because I was a VISTA once, I knew and I was curious as to how they were fairing in these times. The VISTA's did get some funding; USAID ...

GAO report number GAO-02-471

What GAO Found:

"USAID relies heavily on nongovernmental organizations to deliver
foreign assistance."

USAID Relies Heavily on Nongovernmental
Organizations

"USAID Relies Heavily on Nongovernmental Organizations, but Better Data
Needed to Evaluate Approaches"

Supporting Private Enterprise

"USAID builds dynamic, mutually beneficial partnerships with the private sector to foster economic growth and improve business outcomes in the United States and in the countries in which we work. At USAID, we no longer view working with the private sector as a luxury, but as a necessity. In the past 15 years, USAID has built more than 1,600 partnerships with the private sector involving more than 3,500 unique partner organizations, leveraging $16 billion in non-U.S. government public and private funds."

How To Help

"The best way to help those affected by a disaster overseas is to make a monetary donation to a reputable humanitarian organization working in the disaster zone."

Quote:
A smart government would go for economic growth, keep the people and make (slaves) citizen taxpayers out of 'em.

But hey, less is more right?

And now that you know that these government assistant agencies rely on private donations, does it not make you wonder, where your (slave) tax dollars are going and what they are paying for ... ?

Quote:
Nope, just missed that part as it wasn't expected ...
08-19-2019

Trump’s Looming Aid Cuts Are Unwise—Are They Also Unconstitutional?

08-20-2019

Trump mulls scaling back proposed $4B in foreign aid cuts

Are we sure they were released?

Last edited by Ellis Bell; Yesterday at 07:16 PM..

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

5,512 posts, read 3,170,752 times
Send them to San Francisco.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Quote:
And yet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
They were kicked off the ferry because the owner did not clear the manifest with border patrol as they were instructed to do. Lots of hype over nothing.
Oh so they worked it all out and they were able to stay after all ... well Saints be praised, there is a God ... and somewhere, some how a Christian just rolled over in their grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or