U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
9,288 posts, read 4,570,258 times
Reputation: 1460

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No one mentioned opening homes.

Before we spend 1 red cent of tax dollars on some refugee we better be spending it helping our own first. Especially homeless vets, chances are we as a nation broke them, and that's why they are on the streets.

The left is up in arms over helping illegals, helping refugees, helping anyone but our own.

How many of those homeless would say "hell yeah, Ill sleep in a box under a bridge in sub freezing weather, just so we can give a refugee a nice house and food to eat?"

This is insanity. We are flipping out because Trump required valid VISA's. I mean it isn't as if the residents didn't have days to get their existing passports with VISA's ready to go. Right?

Jesus is there not a foreign cause that doesn't take priority over our own? Yeah I know you volunteered once at food kitchen.

Unlike many, me and my family helped at food kitchens, donated produce grown in our own garden, clothes and money. You haven't seen joy until you see some poor guy eat fresh cherries off a tree.

I'll never ever understand this drive to help any and every foreigner before we help our own.
As if we can't do both ...

Quote:
We are flipping out because Trump required valid VISA's
Why the change ...

Quote:
No one mentioned opening homes.
In this thread ... or every other thread related to this topic, maybe you missed those posts?
Quote:
Jesus is there not a foreign cause that doesn't take priority over our own?
Jesus died on a cross for you, what do you think? Honestly ... I would not have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
9,288 posts, read 4,570,258 times
Reputation: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You posted information about Norway and Japan issuing out visa to foreign laborers. Those visas are temporary visas (keyword: TEMPORARY just like Temporary Protected Status) for foreign workers and they have an expiration date.

No, i want permanent residence in Norway or Japan, not temporary crap. Why would they give a productive TAX PAYER like myself temporary status?
Maybe they want to be more like the new u.s.?

You may want to take another look at all of this in about 10 years ... you can now, low birth rates and economic solutions.



and btw: I'm gone to bed ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:46 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,415 posts, read 2,661,174 times
Reputation: 5014
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We used to be a compassionate country and the leader of the world. Not anymore under Trump. Another country will take over that role. And he has never focused on the people who need the most help.
We still allow more immigration than any other country on the planet.

Compassionate? In regard to what? If your house needs a roof a front door and windows, do you pay to put a porch on your neighbor's house, just so they can sit there in the evenings or do you fix your own house first?

Compassionate? Your kids need clothes, you've got no food in the house, do you feed the neighbors while your own starve?

Compassionate? We have spent billions on Haiti. We opened our doors and they never left. We fed them, housed them, gave them money. Mean while our homeless citizens, got sleep in sub freezing weather and sort through trash cans for food.

Where was that compassion for our own?

He never focused on those who need the help the most? Obviously you haven't either because you asked who was going to open their homes to the homeless. WE make shelters from shipping containers, we have closed military bases. We have rented entire hotels to house illegals. Those detention centers the left cries about? Yeah I would bet our homeless wouldn't mind sleeping there at night. Eating those meals.

Trump is an idiot and a selfish SOB. What's your excuse? AOC's? Pelosi's? So much for the party of the working class and poor. Homeless just don't vote enough to make them a blip on anyones political radar. besides they are so dirty right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
7,296 posts, read 7,916,094 times
Reputation: 5901
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We used to be a compassionate country and the leader of the world. Not anymore under Trump. Another country will take over that role. And he has never focused on the people who need the most help.
When it comes to immigration, we’re actually not that far off from the original Immigration Act of 1882.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:47 PM
 
1,381 posts, read 222,517 times
Reputation: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Maybe they want to be more like the new u.s.?

You may want to take another look at all of this in about 10 years ... you can now, low birth rates and economic solutions.



and btw: I'm gone to bed ...
Oh, are you saying Japan and Norway are going to kick out productive TAX PAYERS if their temporary status/visa expires?

Say it ain’t so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:51 PM
 
20,941 posts, read 9,019,173 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We still allow more immigration than any other country on the planet.

Compassionate? In regard to what? If your house needs a roof a front door and windows, do you pay to put a porch on your neighbor's house, just so they can sit there in the evenings or do you fix your own house first?

Compassionate? Your kids need clothes, you've got no food in the house, do you feed the neighbors while your own starve?

Compassionate? We have spent billions on Haiti. We opened our doors and they never left. We fed them, housed them, gave them money. Mean while our homeless citizens, got sleep in sub freezing weather and sort through trash cans for food.

Where was that compassion for our own?

He never focused on those who need the help the most? Obviously you haven't either because you asked who was going to open their homes to the homeless. WE make shelters from shipping containers, we have closed military bases. We have rented entire hotels to house illegals. Those detention centers the left cries about? Yeah I would bet our homeless wouldn't mind sleeping there at night. Eating those meals.

Trump is an idiot and a selfish SOB. What's your excuse? AOC's? Pelosi's? So much for the party of the working class and poor. Homeless just don't vote enough to make them a blip on anyones political radar. besides they are so dirty right?
What in the world are you talking about. I never asked who was going to open their homes to the homeless. And who said they were dirty. Good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:53 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,415 posts, read 2,661,174 times
Reputation: 5014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
As if we can't do both ...

Why the change ...

In this thread ... or every other thread related to this topic, maybe you missed those posts?
Jesus died on a cross for you, what do you think? Honestly ... I would not have.
Love it and easy to debate.

Obviously we cant do both, because we haven't yet. But hey let's try, by starting with our own homeless who are just as or more needy than the alleged refugees.

Why change what?

I wasn't responding to any other thread or post, I was responding to you.

Jesus may have died for someone, but we are talking about the attitude of the left here. Every refugee issue in the world is suddenly our problem. When will the left focus that energy towards our own in need. Charity should always start at home.

Before you ask about the right We can honestly say that many many Churches which are typically right leaning help with feeding the homeless and the poor within their congregations.

By the By I am not a Christian. I used the term Jesus because its a used as a term of exasperation. As in Jesus, why cant the home;ess catch a break? It's not a prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 08:54 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,415 posts, read 2,661,174 times
Reputation: 5014
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What in the world are you talking about. I never asked who was going to open their homes to the homeless. And who said they were dirty. Good grief.
My mistake, Ellis Bell did.

My point remains solid. The homeless in our country, those who are citizens, deserve our compassion before we offer it to any foreigner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
9,288 posts, read 4,570,258 times
Reputation: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Love it and easy to debate.

Obviously we cant do both, because we haven't yet. But hey let's try, by starting with our own homeless who are just as or more needy than the alleged refugees.

Why change what?

I wasn't responding to any other thread or post, I was responding to you.

Jesus may have died for someone, but we are talking about the attitude of the left here. Every refugee issue in the world is suddenly our problem. When will the left focus that energy towards our own in need. Charity should always start at home.

Before you ask about the right We can honestly say that many many Churches which are typically right leaning help with feeding the homeless and the poor within their congregations.

By the By I am not a Christian. I used the term Jesus because its a used as a term of exasperation. As in Jesus, why cant the home;ess catch a break? It's not a prayer.
I know a blasphemous curse word when I hear it/read it ... may be it should be prayer ... food for thought.

Quote:
Obviously we cant do both, because we haven't yet.
The government isn't helping the homeless or the refugees ... what the hell is the government doing with all the (slave) tax dollars then ... ? oh yea, their children go to ivy league colleges, I hear they cost allot.

Quote:
Churches which are typically right leaning help with feeding the homeless and the poor within their congregations
It sure as hell isn't the government doing it ... but I'm sure the serve steak in the WH, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2019, 10:24 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,415 posts, read 2,661,174 times
Reputation: 5014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I know a blasphemous curse word when I hear it/read it ... may be it should be prayer ... food for thought.

The government isn't helping the homeless or the refugees ... what the hell is the government doing with all the (slave) tax dollars then ... ? oh yea, their children go to ivy league colleges, I hear they cost allot.

It sure as hell isn't the government doing it ... but I'm sure the serve steak in the WH, though.
Of course nothing you said has anything to do with the fact that although we seem to have no problem (until Trump) of feeding and housing refugees we have turned our collective backs on our own homeless. We obviously can't do both, because we aren't.

Ivy League schools dont change the fact that we have no business taking in refugees when we have 600,000 homeless citizens , 50,000 of whom are Vets. To hell with the refugees regardless of where they come from, we have 600,000 homeless Americans to take care of first.

As far as Blasphemous:
1. I am not a Christian
2. It is a common word used in exasperation
3. Let Jesus come feed and house our homeless if he gives a ****. Let him take care of those refugees too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top