U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 03:17 AM

34,924 posts, read 42,149,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Living & working in Japan does not make you a citizen of Japan. You still don't get all the benefits that Japanese citizens are getting. You are still a temporary residence of the host country.

Just like living & working in the US via H1B/L1/E1/TN visas do not make you a US citizen and receiving all the benefits US citizens are getting.

Also, i did live in Japan for one year. Compliment of U.S. CBP -CSI
Good points however she is still in Tokyo for an indefinite period of time and getting as much benefits as she needs to live there,obviously she will never be incorporated into the Japanese culture as she isnt Oriental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 07:45 AM

9,406 posts, read 18,151,519 times
Another out of context thread. He didn't say people from the Bahamas were all criminals and bad people. What he did say was that they have a lot of drug dealers and other violent criminals living in the Bahamas, many of them are from Haiti. I guess we are supposed to open our borders to every nation that experiences a natural disaster and not screen who comes in. Does anyone really believe that if they allow thousands of these islanders in on a temporary basis that they will all leave when they are supposed to, and that none of them will be committing crimes?

Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 AM

38,089 posts, read 16,828,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Another out of context thread. He didn't say people from the Bahamas were all criminals and bad people. What he did say was that they have a lot of drug dealers and other violent criminals living in the Bahamas, many of them are from Haiti. I guess we are supposed to open our borders to every nation that experiences a natural disaster and not screen who comes in. Does anyone really believe that if they allow thousands of these islanders in on a temporary basis that they will all leave when they are supposed to, and that none of them will be committing crimes?
It's the same lie of the liberal left when they claimed that Trump said all Mexicans (regardless of their status in our country) are rapists, murderers, etc. They don't have a honest bone in their bodies. Of course we have to vet these Bahamans to make sure we aren't taking the criminal kind into our country and you're right just like Haitians many of those we do take in will refuse to leave after their country is safer

Old 09-16-2019, 12:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 3,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
It would be less of an annoyance for them and less detrimental overall to have him stay away. He has stated what he thinks of the people, is incapable of having empathy or being one who would be of assistance. He'll be busy golfing this weekend, or other times, anyway.
I remember after the Hurricane hit Haiti, many of my Haitian coworkers in public school in Florida had their relatives come stay with them. Some even went back to Haiti, born in US citizens, to help out with the clean up efforts.

Different world under Trump.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:01 PM

14,381 posts, read 6,587,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whenever I see one of those lame arguments about "Why don't you take them into your own home ?", it is nothing more than a way to get out of answering the question sensibly. Of course we are not set up to take people into our individual homes, that is outrageous. But, there are agencies and groups that will take these folks in and find them shelter and food.
Yes, itís a lazy deflection.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:09 PM

10,577 posts, read 9,553,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whenever I see one of those lame arguments about "Why don't you take them into your own home ?", it is nothing more than a way to get out of answering the question sensibly. Of course we are not set up to take people into our individual homes, that is outrageous. But, there are agencies and groups that will take these folks in and find them shelter and food.
Excellent!!! As of 2018 there were 553,000 homeless in the United States those agencies can take care of by providing shelter and food!! No more living on the street and digging through garbage cans and dumpsters for food. In Los Angeles alone there are 50,000 to 60,000.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:15 PM

6,097 posts, read 1,656,209 times
Open the borders and let everyone in the world in! There - woke enough for you?!

Old 09-16-2019, 04:16 PM

38,089 posts, read 16,828,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I remember after the Hurricane hit Haiti, many of my Haitian coworkers in public school in Florida had their relatives come stay with them. Some even went back to Haiti, born in US citizens, to help out with the clean up efforts.

How is it different? Being more caucious of whom we allow into our country is a bad thing?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM

2,783 posts, read 3,314,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9098391.html

Trump claims Bahamians are very bad people, criminals, refuses to let helpless Bahaman refugees into the USA...
In trump's eyes, anyone who's not white is bad and a criminal.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:59 PM

14,038 posts, read 7,639,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Many Bahamians are coming to stay with relatives and there is countless relief efforts going on right now. Is also disingenuous to compare a wealthy country like the Bahamas to Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or