U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
Status: "☺️" (set 14 days ago)
 
7,917 posts, read 2,566,604 times
Reputation: 2861

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As a side note, a friend of mine who used to be with the FBI now works for a diving and salvage company went to the Bahamas to help with his company.

The Bahamian immigration officer in Nassau demanded address and length of stay. He couldn’t answer so he was given 30 days. Plus the people were apathetic with one individual demanding the US rebuild his house because somehow the US was to blame. A driver assigned to him and his people to move dive gear decided getting drunk was better and stranded the group.

On my end, I landed in Freeport on my first trip and some guy who claimed to be Bahamian customs demanded tax and duty on the stuff I brought. I just glared at him and told the workers unloading the plane to load it back up.

So there are issues with extremely entitled people waiting for the US to rebuild their homes.
Since when? Where are all these Bahamians asking for the US to rebuild their homes? Again, stop the lies.

Bahamians affected have asked for help from their own government. They directed their frustrations there. They have only asked that people continue to visit their unaffected islands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
9,306 posts, read 4,577,876 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I love slow pitch debates.

Neighbors help each other when and if they can. Do you put a roof on your neighbor's house when your own roof is caving in? Charity begins at home or at least it should.

Links to show that we can't do both? Hahahaha quite possibly the funniest question yet. Proof is in the pudding. If we could we would. The Fact and I do mean fact that we haven't to date pretty much proves that we can't do both. That or we just won't. You decide.

That being the case, there isn't a single Bahaman, or any other foreigner that is more worthy of our help than our own homeless, especially our vets, many of whom we broke while they served.

We help the world everyday. We squander tax dollars playing world cop. We squander dollars and assets patrolling the Seas against pirates. Our Coast guard saves lives everyday and many are not US citizens. We are a damned good neighbor. Our generosity has been abused many many times by those refugees in the past. We have wasted billions on Haiti and it is no better for it. Your good neighbor argument falls flat.

I still have not seen a post that explains why we should take in Bahaman refugees other than the feel good moment. We have US refugee
living on our streets homeless, hungry and soon to be freezing. They don't have running water or heat, clean clothes or a clean bed. They don't have a warm beach that many people pay thousands to vacation on.

The Bahamas are not one island devastated. Most of the Bahamas are fine, let them take care of their own on their own soil.
Quote:
If we could we would.
What Is The Federal Government Doing To End Homelessness In LA?

DO THE FEDS SPEND ENOUGH?

"In this year's federal budget, all the above programs totaled less than $5 billion in annual spending — an infinitesimal fraction of the total federal budget ($4.4 trillion).

Steve Berg, a policy expert at the National Alliance to End Homelessness, said the relative pittance spent on homelessness by the federal government is one of the reasons why so many people are on the streets."
________________

Some people make good neighbors, others, not so much.


Foreign Refugees Vs. Homeless Veterans


Why We Don't Have To Choose Between Refugees And Veterans

Last edited by Ellis Bell; Yesterday at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM
 
25,223 posts, read 12,349,404 times
Reputation: 10834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Since when? Where are all these Bahamians asking for the US to rebuild their homes? Again, stop the lies.

Bahamians affected have asked for help from their own government. They directed their frustrations there. They have only asked that people continue to visit their unaffected islands.
Were you there?

I was.

Did you deliver relief supplies?

I did in my plane on my dime.

So you have no frigging clue what they are saying other than what the MSM tells you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:24 AM
Status: "☺️" (set 14 days ago)
 
7,917 posts, read 2,566,604 times
Reputation: 2861
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Were you there?

I was.

Did you deliver relief supplies?

I did in my plane on my dime.

So you have no frigging clue what they are saying other than what the MSM tells you.
As someone who went through 2 Cat 5s in the Caribbean, NO, I do not believe you. The mindset of the average person isn’t even there after the storm. Your focus is entirely different. So again, NO, I don’t believe you. One random individual does not equal “Bahamians.” Get out of here.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; Today at 01:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:44 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,483 posts, read 2,680,788 times
Reputation: 5051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What Is The Federal Government Doing To End Homelessness In LA?

DO THE FEDS SPEND ENOUGH?

"In this year's federal budget, all the above programs totaled less than $5 billion in annual spending — an infinitesimal fraction of the total federal budget ($4.4 trillion).

Steve Berg, a policy expert at the National Alliance to End Homelessness, said the relative pittance spent on homelessness by the federal government is one of the reasons why so many people are on the streets."
________________

Some people make good neighbors, others, not so much.


Foreign Refugees Vs. Homeless Veterans


Why We Don't Have To Choose Between Refugees And Veterans
In my opinion it boils down to, if we haven't solved our own problems or even made a dent in them then we have no business helping foreigners. Foreigners whom we owe nothing.

Why do we have to choose? Because we aren't doing enough for our own. We are 20 trillion in debt and can't afford to take in outsiders.

Your post in my mind only serves to make my point. We need to focus on our own homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:49 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,483 posts, read 2,680,788 times
Reputation: 5051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Stop the blatant lying. The Bahamas has one of the highest standards of living in the WI/Caribbean region and they are NOT looking to come to the US and live off of anyone’s generosity.

Quit making up foolish stories and get it through your head that not everyone wants to live in the US.
Yes everyone is lying but you. We dont owe the Bahama's anything? Oh was that a lie?
We are 20 trillion in debt and cash strapped. Oh we aren't 20 trillion in debt? Was that a lie?
We have an estimated 600,000 homeless who deserve our help more and I would argue their situation is as dire or worse. How cold is it in the Bahamas in January? I know another lie. Or not.

If the Bahamas are as well off as we both know they are, then they don't need our help and we should be able to focus on our own needy and guilt free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:34 AM
Status: "☺️" (set 14 days ago)
 
7,917 posts, read 2,566,604 times
Reputation: 2861
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes everyone is lying but you. We dont owe the Bahama's anything? Oh was that a lie?
We are 20 trillion in debt and cash strapped. Oh we aren't 20 trillion in debt? Was that a lie?
We have an estimated 600,000 homeless who deserve our help more and I would argue their situation is as dire or worse. How cold is it in the Bahamas in January? I know another lie. Or not.

If the Bahamas are as well off as we both know they are, then they don't need our help and we should be able to focus on our own needy and guilt free.
Hahaahaha!!! First you claim Bahamians squander their money. Now you claim to know they are well off. Which is it? You’re not even making sense.

Bahamians are NOT begging you for anything or claiming you owe them anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:40 AM
 
25,223 posts, read 12,349,404 times
Reputation: 10834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
As someone who went through 2 Cat 5s in the Caribbean, NO, I do not believe you. The mindset of the average person isn’t even there after the storm. Your focus is entirely different. So again, NO, I don’t believe you. One random individual does not equal “Bahamians.” Get out of here.
You pound sand. Been through two cat 5’s? Whoop-de-do. Been through this one that squatted over the northern islands for over 36 hours? No you didn’t.

You can’t equate what you went through with this one. They had Irma two years ago. A lot of the rubble from then was just rearranged.

So you go do something unnatural to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:28 AM
Status: "☺️" (set 14 days ago)
 
7,917 posts, read 2,566,604 times
Reputation: 2861
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You pound sand. Been through two cat 5’s? Whoop-de-do. Been through this one that squatted over the northern islands for over 36 hours? No you didn’t.

You can’t equate what you went through with this one. They had Irma two years ago. A lot of the rubble from then was just rearranged.

So you go do something unnatural to yourself.
Oh all of a sudden you have sympathy? Just now you were trying to painting Bahamian people as beggars expecting from the American government.

IRMA? Don’t come talk to me about Irma and don’t put words in my mouth about equating anything. I went through both Irma AND Maria and that’s the entire reason for my perspective. Our islands are still recovering. So what you’re not going to do is paint the Bahamians in bad light without being called out.

After cat 5 hurricanes, people are NOT spending all their time trying to beg the US government. People are trying to find relatives and friends, making sure they have food and water etc. People are helping each other.

People like you talk a load of garbage about people who live through these hurricanes and don’t have a clue.

So take your own advice and don’t flap your gums in over here because you dropped off supplies. YOU can’t equate that with going through cat 5s. Again, you don’t have a clue.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; Today at 06:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:14 AM
 
Location: New York
561 posts, read 489,156 times
Reputation: 581
The US has imported enough third worlders. The average IQ in the bahamas is around 80. That is far too low to be productive in an advanced society. We already have enough Africans and Hispanics here who are at the 80 IQ level and they continue to struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top