U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:40 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,083,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Fake news! Itís been reported even by left wing media that the US is processing everyone that seeks temporary refuge in the states, but will not let anyone in with a criminal record.

Just more fake news outrage by the TDS left. Lol. Smh.
Thanks for posting this, and once again PROVING that the "left wing media" reports the truth, and that they are not the enemy of the people.

There are non-news players on all sides who spread fake stuff. You should know, one of the biggest ones is Russia, and Trump embraces them readily.

But as you have stated, the legit media reports the news. It may be biased, but it is not lies.

Thank you for helping prove that the POTUS is trying to spread lies (he's not the news either, btw) and divide our country with a false narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:55 AM

4,976 posts, read 1,001,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Since you are responding with answers to questions I didnít ask, I dont know how you want me to respond to your answers.

None of what you said here has anything to do with my post.

Perhaps I can answer you with: It is cloudy here in NJ today with a chance of rain.
You asked how many Bahamians temporary refugees Canada has taken in, and inferred that no one ever helps the USA. You are wrong. Just like Canada sends firefighters to major forest fires, and power crews whenever hurricane or other natural disasters downs power lines. My brother-in-law has been sent down 5 times in his career.

Ethical and moral countries that are neighbors help each other when needed. Bahama is not only the neighbor of the USA, but it is also often it's closes Caribbean playground.

What Trump is spearheading is unethical and immoral. But then, who is surprised with that?

Old Today, 08:58 AM

14,903 posts, read 7,912,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Thanks for posting this, and once again PROVING that the "left wing media" reports the truth, and that they are not the enemy of the people.

There are non-news players on all sides who spread fake stuff. You should know, one of the biggest ones is Russia, and Trump embraces them readily.

But as you have stated, the legit media reports the news. It may be biased, but it is not lies.

Thank you for helping prove that the POTUS is trying to spread lies (he's not the news either, btw) and divide our country with a false narrative.
That just pathetic, the media and left wingers here on CD are lying about this just like they tried to lie about Trump's comments in the past.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

11,359 posts, read 10,372,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I canít seem to find the numbers, how many Americans did Canada and Mexico grant refugee status?

Meh, this is all much ado about nothing. Like most ďorange man badĒ reports.

People who arenít citizens of the Bahamas actually have a country that will welcome them as citizens. Their own country. They don't need refugee status here, and I doubt they qualify.

How does a citizen from a country that wasnít ravaged by a hurricane, qualify for refugee status from a hurricane in another country?

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I the one who is crazy?

This is the stuff that makes me think the left just wants to load America up with as many of the worldís poor as will fit within our borders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You asked how many Bahamians temporary refugees Canada has taken in, and inferred that no one ever helps the USA. You are wrong. Just like Canada sends firefighters to major forest fires, and power crews whenever hurricane or other natural disasters downs power lines. My brother-in-law has been sent down 5 times in his career.

Ethical and moral countries that are neighbors help each other when needed. Bahama is not only the neighbor of the USA, but it is also often it's closes Caribbean playground.

What Trump is spearheading is unethical and immoral. But then, who is surprised with that?
Where did I do that?

Perhaps you didn't read my post carefully. I posted it above so you can read it again.

Old Today, 09:39 AM

14,063 posts, read 8,814,851 times
I agree with Trump.
Just stay where they are; it is easier to bring help to The Bahamas and help them rebuild than to bring them into the US.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,460,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Well US is pretty big, so we can just move to another state.

Half their island is wiped out..
half of WHICH island?

the linked story is carefully crafted, glossing over some realities.

Quote:
CNN said a spokesman for the US’s customs and border agency, Michael Silva, said that Balearia, the ferry operator, did not properly co-ordinate the evacuation efforts with the US embassy, the Bahamian government and the US agency for international development. “We’re there to facilitate and accommodate that process in an orderly fashion, according to regulation and protocol. However, Balearia did not do that,” Mr Silva said. “We asked them to co-ordinate ahead of time. They did not that do that.”

Old Today, 10:34 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,460,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Bahamas have 30 inhabited islands. The Hurricane hit only a few of them.
Those not hit are still open for business. There is no need to evacuate people to the US.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/b...ian/index.html

Add to that, they are part of the British Commonwealth and quite wealthy.
I would add that certainly we will provide aid and assistance and even refuge as it's necessary. But loading up boats without going through an agency and trying to dump ANYONE at our doorstep shouldn't happen.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

1,353 posts, read 217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

You do know that Bahamians are not going to be here in the US "temporary", right?

US allowed El Sal, Haiti, Hondurus, etc as TPS refugees after a natural disaster in their countries, but when it's times for for US to remove their TPS status, all of the sudden we are "inhumane and heartless"

And why are you comparing sending assistance to country suffering from natural disaster to accepting hundred of thousands TPS refugees into the country?

It's like damn if we don't and damn if we do.

Old Today, 10:51 AM

11,297 posts, read 4,999,783 times
I'm all for heavily promoting (and tax-reduction incentives for) voluntary donations and volunteers to help them rebuild.

But the US shouldn't be responsible for housing the whole world every time something bad happens.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

11,329 posts, read 6,626,632 times
Imagine if all the child molesters on lifetime supervision, gangsters on parole and murder suspects on bail got a chance to go over to Russia without a visa, no questions asked, every time a hurricane hit the gulf coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or