U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

4,982 posts, read 1,005,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, when do you expect the Bahamian family that you will be hosting in your snowbird condo to arrive?

After all, you're up on your high horse claiming to have a heart and empathy. When do you plan to stop talking the talk and walking the walk?

Is Canada taking in these Bahamians? If so, you can also open up your Canadian home to them
Bahama is right next to Florida. You're darn right, I would have no problem taking in a Bahamian family when I'm down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

20,264 posts, read 19,258,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You don't think the Bahama govt is capable of reissuing those missing documents?
Sure, it'll only take 5-10 minutes. Plenty of time for those who are starving and homeless and injured. Have you ever tried to get a passport in the US? Assuming you have your cell phone and that your id wasn't washed away in a hurricane, that you still have your wallet with the money to pay for the passport. Oh--and an up to date passport photo. Easy peasy.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

3,112 posts, read 1,257,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sure, it'll only take 5-10 minutes. Plenty of time for those who are starving and homeless and injured. Have you ever tried to get a passport in the US? Assuming you have your cell phone and that your id wasn't washed away in a hurricane, that you still have your wallet with the money to pay for the passport. Oh--and an up to date passport photo. Easy peasy.
Is there no food, shelter or doctors available in the Bahamas?

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

3,098 posts, read 4,448,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I guess Trump and his trumpsters will now want to build a wall on the east coast.

It is obvious that Trump is a narcissistic sociopath who is also paranoid.

BTW, no one needs to create "a conduit of hate against president Trump". Not at all, Trump will do it all by himself, after all he is a "stable genius" who knows more than the US generals and NOAA.
Apparently in your case ... you're on the fast track.

I've posted my ways to support our Bahamian neighbors. Be smart about giving directly to Bahamian organisations. We're getting there slowly but surely.

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

6,881 posts, read 3,211,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes it will be inconvenient...……..that's an unfortunate fact of life when you live in a place that has a devastating weather event.

If its a big enough problem, officials in Bahama will probably figure out how to streamline the process with help from the US. In any case, food/water is going there....so I don't think anyone is starving for lack of a visa to get in the US.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

4,982 posts, read 1,005,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Is there no food, shelter or doctors available in the Bahamas?
No.
"Up to 90 percent of buildings in the most damaged areas were destroyed. Across the Abaco and Grand Bahama islands a reported 70,000 people have been made homeless and in need of food and water. CNN reports that there is no power or running water on the islands. Access to uncontaminated water is of urgent concern. A resident of Abaco named Matthew Taylor told the Nassau Guardian on Saturday, “It’s unlivable. After the water is gone, what do you do? You know, you have bodies contaminating the water and stuff like that, so the water is undrinkable. That’s where the panic is now.”
source:https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/hurri...ed-deaths.html

You can see pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baha...w=1200&bih=697

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM

7,724 posts, read 3,166,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9098391.html

Trump claims Bahamians are very bad people, criminals, refuses to let helpless Bahaman refugees into the USA...
You are right. Background checks for all applications, then consider the best candidates. Better yet, have their founding nations in GB and Europe take care of this. We dont need any more destitute here. Tough love.

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM

37,892 posts, read 16,760,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Can we just return the Statue of Liberty so we can be done with these discussions?

This new age isolationist POV goes against the very foundation of what I was told our country is supposed to represent.

It's disheartening and frankly disgusting.
No, let's keep the statue just toss the poem into the ocean that is being used to blackmail us to be the saviors of the whole world by the stupid liberal left. That poem is no longer relevant in today's modern world. We help people as much as we can but we shouldn't become sacrificial lambs. That's what is disheartening and disgusting!

Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

24,980 posts, read 12,278,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yes it will be inconvenient...……..that's an unfortunate fact of life when you live in a place that has a devastating weather event.

If its a big enough problem, officials in Bahama will probably figure out how to streamline the process with help from the US. In any case, food/water is going there....so I don't think anyone is starving for lack of a visa to get in the US.
No one is starving. We are told by Bahamian authorities to stop flying supplies to Treasure Cay on Abaco because what did get there is rotting in the sun.

And the people there are extremely grateful. Organized parties move in to help offload airplanes, smiling faces no rioting. The Bahamian military is there keeping order.

Took me twenty minutes circling over Freeport just to land today. I will be doing another day of this and then return to Montana.

Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

7,229 posts, read 4,018,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Bahama is right next to Florida. You're darn right, I would have no problem taking in a Bahamian family when I'm down there.
Why do you have to be “down there”? Just open your place for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or