Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Are you willing to respond to the thread topic? Which is about the occupant of the oval office. What that person has said and is saying, what he has done and is doing. It isn't talking about actions the posters to this thread choose to take or not take. And it is not talking about what other countries might or might not have done about U.S. citizens who have experienced category 5 storms.
The topic of the thread is false. The owners of the boat referenced in the article did not follow procedure, which resulted in a delay for their passengers. It's that simple, and has nothing to do with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 02:17 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
I guess Trump and his trumpsters will now want to build a wall on the east coast.

It is obvious that Trump is a narcissistic sociopath who is also paranoid.

BTW, no one needs to create "a conduit of hate against president Trump". Not at all, Trump will do it all by himself, after all he is a "stable genius" who knows more than the US generals and NOAA.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,907 times
Can we just return the Statue of Liberty so we can be done with these discussions?

This new age isolationist POV goes against the very foundation of what I was told our country is supposed to represent.

It's disheartening and frankly disgusting.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I guess Trump and his trumpsters will now want to build a wall on the east coast.

BTW, no one needs to create "a conduit of hate against president Trump". Not at all, Trump will do it all by himself, after all he is a "stable genius" who knows more than the US generals and NOAA.
Not unless millions of illegals start swimming ashore

Old 09-10-2019, 02:24 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

You really are just babbling, and you know it.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
I guess if you lost everything in the storm, you're just out of luck. No documents, so obviously a gang member.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I guess if you lost everything in the storm, you're just out of luck. No documents, so obviously a gang member.
You don't think the Bahama govt is capable of reissuing those missing documents?

Old 09-10-2019, 02:36 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the international treaties on granting refugee status only applies to those fleeing political persecution. The US doesn't have any policy regarding so-called "climate refugees", and, considering who is running things at the moment, we're unlikely to see one any time soon. I expect there will be a lot more such refugees in the near future. The situation could turn horrific and will be miserable to watch.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:50 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whenever I see one of those lame arguments about "Why don't you take them into your own home ?", it is nothing more than a way to get out of answering the question sensibly. Of course we are not set up to take people into our individual homes, that is outrageous. But, there are agencies and groups that will take these folks in and find them shelter and food.
Dems think that non-white people will be democrats of lefties for life once they are taught the basics of racism by Europeans. It is just a plot to get votes.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:50 PM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Can we just return the Statue of Liberty so we can be done with these discussions?

This new age isolationist POV goes against the very foundation of what I was told our country is supposed to represent.

It's disheartening and frankly disgusting.
I don't know.

My wife immigrated to US last spring (along with 1 million other immigrants). No issues at the airport from immigration officials.

I guess we are only an "isolationist" if we aren't accepting the whole world into our country, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies