Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 04:35 PM

11,059 posts, read 10,618,240 times

Advertisements

Wow. 9 pages in reply to a post that has already been refuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 04:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,125,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No.
"Up to 90 percent of buildings in the most damaged areas were destroyed. Across the Abaco and Grand Bahama islands a reported 70,000 people have been made homeless and in need of food and water. CNN reports that there is no power or running water on the islands. Access to uncontaminated water is of urgent concern. A resident of Abaco named Matthew Taylor told the Nassau Guardian on Saturday, “It’s unlivable. After the water is gone, what do you do? You know, you have bodies contaminating the water and stuff like that, so the water is undrinkable. That’s where the panic is now.”
source:https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/hurri...ed-deaths.html

You can see pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baha...w=1200&bih=697
Ppphhhttt. I was there today at Marsh Harbour. The resort there survived and threw open their doors to house the local residents at no cost.

The press is only showing what they want you to see.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:36 PM

72,815 posts, read 62,143,696 times
Quote:
Well, I guess when he found out that Bahamians were not lily-white, he figured, hey, if it works with brown people south of the border, it'll work for the dark-colored ones devasted by a hurricane.

The man has no heart, no empathy, and is a flaming racist.
Among the many reasons I have no respect for Trump. On a good note, at least we know for sure what he is. And we can vote him out of office in the following term.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:37 PM

22,288 posts, read 11,794,332 times
Quote:
Bahama is right next to Florida. You're darn right, I would have no problem taking in a Bahamian family when I'm down there.
Well...kudos to you.

But why wait until you get down there? Fly down there now and open up your condo ASAP to a Bahamian family. Also, you can invite a Bahamian family to live in your Canadian home. There's nothing stopping you from doing that.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:44 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,552,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You are right. Background checks for all applications, then consider the best candidates. Better yet, have their founding nations in GB and Europe take care of this. We dont need any more destitute here. Tough love.
Not much love in your statement. You Christian by any chance?

Old 09-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I am Christian and I am doing something about it.

What are doing besides bitching about Trump?

Old 09-10-2019, 04:47 PM

10,181 posts, read 6,236,818 times
Maybe Trump can throw them paper towels like the US CITIZEN Puerto Ricans.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Maybe Trump can throw them paper towels like the US CITIZEN Puerto Ricans.
I do one better, I can buzz the field and throw them out the door.

Liberals have thoroughly lost this argument. Not one of these people here have been to the affected islands.

I have and it shows how pathetic and petty liberals are.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:00 PM

19,708 posts, read 11,963,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Is there no food, shelter or doctors available in the Bahamas?
Quote:
No.
"Up to 90 percent of buildings in the most damaged areas were destroyed. Across the Abaco and Grand Bahama islands a reported 70,000 people have been made homeless and in need of food and water. CNN reports that there is no power or running water on the islands. Access to uncontaminated water is of urgent concern. A resident of Abaco named Matthew Taylor told the Nassau Guardian on Saturday, “It’s unlivable. After the water is gone, what do you do? You know, you have bodies contaminating the water and stuff like that, so the water is undrinkable. That’s where the panic is now.”
source:https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/hurri...ed-deaths.html

You can see pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baha...w=1200&bih=697
There are over 30 big islands, 700 tiny islands and many islets in the Bahamas. The vast majority were not affected. The other poster is correct and you are either intentionally lying or misinformed.

Quote:
Stop with the personal attacks. What have YOU done for the people of the Bahamas?

Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 PM

22,288 posts, read 11,794,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There are over 30 big islands, 700 tiny islands and many islets in the Bahamas. The vast majority were not affected. The other poster is correct and you are either intentionally lying or misinformed.

Stop with the personal attacks. What have YOU done for the people of the Bahamas?
He claims that once he goes to his snowbird condo in FL, he is going to invite a Bahamian family to live with him. I say why doesn't he fly down there right now and open up his condo for a Bahamian family? Why wait until winter? Heck, he can even invite a family to live in his Canadian home and tell them to come ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies