U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:40 AM

30,953 posts, read 15,899,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not to mention who the hell would volunteer to move to Kansas City anyway? If the Dotard wanted to save money, maybe he should stop playing golf so much and forcing the military and others to stay at his resorts which cost so much more than other places. This move was pure political and just outright mean.
You must have missed where it says it saves tax payers money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:40 AM

1,253 posts, read 225,693 times
HAHA $300 million in 15 years, we all know that's a lie. They will spend that on travel and hotel cost flying back and forth to D.C. Trust me they will find a way to spend that money, its not coming back to the tax payers.

Lets be honest it was a D1@k by the Trump Administration to kill the reports coming out of the USDA. I don't know why people are sugar coating it, just call it what it is. The administration is completely in their right to move the agency so the workers are stuck unless they move, but it seems no one really cares.

Anyone know why Kansas City? Seems Dallas or another city with a good International Airport would be a better selection considering all the travel that will take place between D.C. and the newly relocated office. Cost savings HAHAHAHAHA.

Old Today, 09:41 AM

47,188 posts, read 34,617,861 times
Corporate relocations can be stressful.

Old Today, 09:44 AM

29,046 posts, read 15,752,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not to mention who the hell would volunteer to move to Kansas City anyway? If the Dotard wanted to save money, maybe he should stop playing golf so much and forcing the military and others to stay at his resorts which cost so much more than other places. This move was pure political and just outright mean.
Imagine that.... the Dept. of Agriculture will actually be located near agriculture... so mean of Trump...

Old Today, 09:50 AM

29,046 posts, read 15,752,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
HAHA $300 million in 15 years, we all know that's a lie. They will spend that on travel and hotel cost flying back and forth to D.C. Trust me they will find a way to spend that money, its not coming back to the tax payers.

Lets be honest it was a D1@k by the Trump Administration to kill the reports coming out of the USDA. I don't know why people are sugar coating it, just call it what it is. The administration is completely in their right to move the agency so the workers are stuck unless they move, but it seems no one really cares.

Anyone know why Kansas City? Seems Dallas or another city with a good International Airport would be a better selection considering all the travel that will take place between D.C. and the newly relocated office. Cost savings HAHAHAHAHA.

There is this new invention called the internet. You should look it up. It will probably save them a bunch of travel expenses if they are wise.

Old Today, 09:56 AM

30,549 posts, read 16,930,015 times
I've relocated several times with a big corporation. That's life today.

Old Today, 11:18 AM

16,136 posts, read 13,855,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do they mention that the reason those employees probably don't want to move is they lose their locality pay. A lot higher in DC than Kansas City. Now you might say, "Well, the cost of living is lower in Kansas City. They shouldn't get it." True, but employees in DC tend to be older and more toward the end of their careers and their high 3 goes into figuring their pension.
No, they do not want to move because they have no desire to either live in KC, or they have a spouse who works in DC so now what, or a combination of the two. Also, no one ever expected this and as I mentioedn, it is unprecedented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Private business does this all the time, what’s the problem?

Don’t like it? Find a new employer, it’s a free country.
And? So what if businesses do it all the time, but also, they do not do it all the time, it is actually rare for them to do it. They also do it for reasons, unlike this move which has zero logic to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People in the private sector must deal with this as well.

Government employees need to suck it up. Quit or move.
Well, this is not the private sector, and this move is unprecedented and makes zero sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You must have missed where it says it saves tax payers money.
It will save zero money, will actually cost not only money, but loss of talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Imagine that.... the Dept. of Agriculture will actually be located near agriculture... so mean of Trump...
The HQ does not need to be located near agriculture, which even if so, KC would not even be in the top ten of ag cities to relocate to. They do not go out and deal directly with agriculture, they are not in wheat fields doing things, they have field offices and specific jobs that do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I've relocated several times with a big corporation. That's life today.
Yes, so have I, yet I even can find the absurdity and lack of logic in this move, but then again, I am not some blind "I hate government" person either.

Old Today, 04:07 PM

14,919 posts, read 10,823,710 times
Cry me a river. Military family members move all the time, as do other employees.

Old Today, 05:11 PM

24,977 posts, read 12,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Was Siberia full?
They don’t want any gender confused idiots.

Old Today, 05:35 PM

16,136 posts, read 13,855,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Cry me a river. Military family members move all the time, as do other employees.
Military members go in knowing they will be relocating throughout their careers. This issue though, there is no expectation and it is unprecedented.

Most jobs do not move, it is actually rare, and when it does happen, there is an actual reason for it. In this case, there is zero reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or