U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:01 AM

27,809 posts, read 19,473,890 times

Advertisements

naturally they managed to locate a 63 year old transgender to focus on. i wonder when they'll do a story on one of the hundreds of thousands of military families forced to relocate every few years?
Quote:
The USDA will partially relocate to Kansas City at the end of September, an abrupt decision announced in June that shocked the federal workforce and meant immediate disruption for hundreds.

The relocation to Missouri, which the USDA estimates will save $300 million over 15 years, affects about 550 people at the Economic Research Service, an influential federal statistical agency, and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which oversees a $1.7 billion portfolio of scientific grants.

In the months since the announcement, two-thirds of USDA employees decided to leave their jobs rather than move, according to data released by the department in July. Academics have lamented the cost to science, saying the talent loss will devastate the agencies.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...cid=spartandhp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:09 AM

16,133 posts, read 13,855,542 times
Yes, I found it odd, but not surprising, that out of all the employees there are, they found that social unicorn to focus on, lol.

The move is pure BS, zero reason for it. Unlike the military, these positions have zero expectation of moving like this and this move is unprecedented. A person goes into the military with the expectation of transferring around, a person does not go into such gov position, especially at the HQ level, and expect to be relocated out of the geographic area.

Old Today, 09:12 AM

5,556 posts, read 2,930,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
naturally they managed to locate a 63 year old transgender to focus on. i wonder when they'll do a story on one of the hundreds of thousands of military families forced to relocate every few years?
I notice you approach any news item like this with an axiomatic assumption that any decision the maniac made is automatically correct and proper.

You havenít been paying attention.

Old Today, 09:15 AM

10,369 posts, read 8,252,213 times
Next Dem will just re-relocate them at great cost.

Old Today, 09:19 AM

27,809 posts, read 19,473,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I notice you approach any news item like this with an axiomatic assumption that any decision the maniac made is automatically correct and proper.

You haven’t been paying attention.
the maniac?

what makes you think this was beto's doing? i highly doubt he had any involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Next Dem will just re-relocate them at great cost.
i could see that happening. but i like the idea of decentralizing some of the fedgov out of the DC area.

Old Today, 09:20 AM

30,425 posts, read 16,749,244 times
Was Siberia full?

Old Today, 09:31 AM

34,864 posts, read 33,981,033 times
Do they mention that the reason those employees probably don't want to move is they lose their locality pay. A lot higher in DC than Kansas City. Now you might say, "Well, the cost of living is lower in Kansas City. They shouldn't get it." True, but employees in DC tend to be older and more toward the end of their careers and their high 3 goes into figuring their pension.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

602 posts, read 119,086 times
Private business does this all the time, what’s the problem?

Don’t like it? Find a new employer, it’s a free country.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

19,834 posts, read 17,998,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do they mention that the reason those employees probably don't want to move is they lose their locality pay. A lot higher in DC than Kansas City. Now you might say, "Well, the cost of living is lower in Kansas City. They shouldn't get it." True, but employees in DC tend to be older and more toward the end of their careers and their high 3 goes into figuring their pension.
Not to mention who the hell would volunteer to move to Kansas City anyway? If the Dotard wanted to save money, maybe he should stop playing golf so much and forcing the military and others to stay at his resorts which cost so much more than other places. This move was pure political and just outright mean.

Old Today, 09:39 AM

30,948 posts, read 15,899,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, I found it odd, but not surprising, that out of all the employees there are, they found that social unicorn to focus on, lol.

The move is pure BS, zero reason for it. Unlike the military, these positions have zero expectation of moving like this and this move is unprecedented. A person goes into the military with the expectation of transferring around, a person does not go into such gov position, especially at the HQ level, and expect to be relocated out of the geographic area.
People in the private sector must deal with this as well.

Government employees need to suck it up. Quit or move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or