U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 03:32 PM

6,835 posts, read 4,726,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
He did. He gave you an example of a school with <10%. Unless you pedantically want proof of a school with exactly 10% which would be completely asinine.

Oh I see now, from the bold tags around the plural "s", instead you pedantically want him to provide you a with a second example.
Not like it will have any impact on your position so why? Just to waste his time right?
Yes, a missed placed S negates my whole argument. LOL.

And I noticed that poster ignored the school with more than 45% of kids with a medical waiver. She insists CA doctors havenít given out bogus waivers. Sure they havenít wink wink.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:33 PM

5,201 posts, read 1,462,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yes, a missed placed S negates my whole argument. LOL.

And I noticed that poster ignored the school with more than 45% of kids with a medical waiver. She insists CA doctors havenít given out bogus waivers. Sure they havenít wink wink.
I mean a single school at 45% is basically a statistical impossibility unless bogus wavers are in play. So yea.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nope. But in reading articles about schools with the lowest rates, the one you mentioned is the only one that came up as being that low. I have no interest or reason to search CA schools one by one.

Again, YOU asserted that there were schools with vaccination rates of 10%. You either back it up or not. Iím assuming your assertion was false. If you want to prove me wrong then search for yourself and prove it. Otherwise, you may want to drop it.
I misplaced an S. How awful. How many Mea Culpas is that worth?

How about the school (singular) with more than 45% of the kindergarteners with medical waivers? Do you still claim doctors (plural) arenít giving out bogus waivers? You think 45% of them really have a medical condition that precludes vaccination?

Old 09-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I mean a single school at 45% is basically a statistical impossibility unless bogus wavers are in play. So yea.
And it’s not just a single school. It’s schoolS.

Here are some Bay Area schools with poor vaccination rates. When I have time I’ll look them all up on the link I provided and find the percent of medical waivers at them.

Marin Waldorf School, San Rafael: 25% vaccination rate
31.3% medical waiver rate

Live Oak Charter, Petaluma: 51.1% vaccination rate
46.7% medical waiver rate

Sebastopol Independent Charter: 43.2 % vaccination rate
45.5% medical waiver rate

Last edited by UNC4Me; 09-11-2019 at 03:57 PM..

Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM

9,986 posts, read 5,983,982 times
Quote:
I misplaced an S. How awful. How many Mea Culpas is that worth?

How about the school (singular) with more than 45% of the kindergarteners with medical waivers? Do you still claim doctors (plural) aren’t giving out bogus waivers? You think 45% of them really have a medical condition that precludes vaccination?
Instead of just stating that you were mistaken about there being more then one you proceeded to argue about it. Post after post after post. Can we move on? This is ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:41 PM

87,647 posts, read 103,808,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Don't quote me the parent of a child thrown in jail. Cite me ONE ADULT thrown in jail under Jacobson for refusing to vaccinate their Adult self and they themselves. You CANNOT. Even those Nurses refusing their flu shots weren't thrown in jail.

We had an official Flu Pandemic in 2009. Cite me how many people were jailed or quaranteened then????
I don't get your point. Maybe you can explain it.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:48 PM

87,647 posts, read 103,808,373 times
There are large areas, particularly in eastern California, with rates below 20%.
https://www.wired.com/story/californ...emptions-rise/ (See map)

Old 09-11-2019, 03:48 PM

14,257 posts, read 16,404,316 times
Quote:
They are being investigated if they give out five exemptions in one year. Not being investigated for giving out bogus exemptions. Just for giving out more then four. This will surely make many doctors stop giving out exemptions period over fear of being investigated, even if the exemption was valid. Some doctors have already stated this. And really, whoís in a better position to judge what is a valid exemption or not? Oneís doctor or the state legislators?
Depends how much of a quack one's doctor is. Take the "medical marijuana" industry in California before it was officially recognized for recreational use. That was some burnt out doctor doing five minute video conference evaluations. Basically the same thing those tour buses in Florida do for opioids. The state (generally a panel of doctors) is in a much better position to judge what is valid than a pill mill on the tour bus express route where the same patient gets ten prescriptions for Norco in a day and prescribed and filled on site on their "medical tourism" route. There's also, of course, legitimate pain clinics which treat people with chronic pain. Sure, they're both dealing with addicts with drug seeking behavior but that doesn't mean pill mills and legitimate pain clinics are the same.

Old 09-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Instead of just stating that you were mistaken about there being more then one you proceeded to argue about it. Post after post after post. Can we move on? This is ridiculous.
Yes, let’s move on. What’s your take on a school with a 45.5% medical waiver rate? Reasonable? Legit?

Old 09-11-2019, 03:52 PM

5,201 posts, read 1,462,067 times
Quote:
And itís not just a single school. Itís schoolS.

Here are some Bay Area schools with poor vaccination rates. When I have time Iíll look them all up on the link I provided and find the percent of medical waivers at them.

Marin Waldorf School, San Rafael: 22% vaccination rate

Berkeley Rose Waldorf School: 29% vaccination rate

Steele Lane Elementary, Santa Rosa: 32% vaccination rate

Sebastopol Independent Charter: 36% vaccination rate

Live Oak Charter, Petaluma: 51.1% vaccination rate
46.7% medical waiver rate

Sunridge Charter, Sebastopol: 44% vaccination rate

Reach School, Sebastopol: 43.2 % vaccination rate
45.5% medical waiver rate
Herd immunity levels for eradication/full suppression of most diseases hover in the 80%ish range so obviously these are inadequate numbers to prevent susceptibility to outbreaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or