U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 10:50 AM

5,200 posts, read 1,463,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I think you can stop claiming that you are not anti-vaccine.

The HPV vaccine is one of the safest and most effective available.

Hiding in the herd is a reality if you do not vaccinate without a medical reason. Not BS.
Heh as if they were fooling anyone.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:52 AM

8,191 posts, read 2,427,028 times
Quote:

Hiding in the herd is a reality if you do not vaccinate without a medical reason. Not BS.

He's right. Like the anti-vaccine church in Texas that set up vaccination clinics when it was involved in an outbreak.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...break/2693945/

"At the Texas church, the visitor infected not only the congregation and staff, but the church's on-site day care center, according to an announcement on Eagle Mountain's website. Health officials notified the church of the measles outbreak Aug. 14, and the church sponsored a vaccination clinic Aug. 18. Eagle Mountain also scheduled a vaccination clinic Sunday."

It would help to know what the "scary reaction" was. Febrile seizures can be very scary but are not a reason to stop vaccinating your child. My granddaughter had one during a simple respiratory illness. Her frightened parents called 911. Now when she gets a vaccine her temp is monitored and she is treated to keep it down.
Why? Does it matter? What is scary to one person is not to another. What could KILL one person, would be fine for ANOTHER.

Re HPV vaccine: the fact that it is targeted at boys makes it quite clear why it exists.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:54 AM

8,191 posts, read 2,427,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Well, no.

If you or anyone else wants a vaccine? GO get it. Get 100. Get a 10 a day until you die. No one cares how many vaccines YOU decide to get for YOURSELF. Go to CVS everyday of your life.

But if someone says no, I don't want one? I don't care either. It's their own choice

But you sure care. A lot about what other people do. /shrug/

Old 09-12-2019, 10:55 AM

6,835 posts, read 4,728,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why? Does it matter? What is scary to one person is not to another. What could KILL one person, would be fine for ANOTHER.

Re HPV vaccine: the fact that it is targeted at boys makes it quite clear why it exists.
It matters because if it’s just a matter of parental fear and not actual harm to the child, they are eligible for the vaccine.

Parental fear isn’t a reason for a medical waiver. (And before I get attacked, I am not talking about Kara or her daughter’s situation, but medical waivers in general).

It’s targeted at boys to protect them from getting penile cancer (and other cancers) from HPV. Isn’t that a good thing??

Old 09-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Well, no.

If you or anyone else wants a vaccine? GO get it. Get 100. Get a 10 a day until you die. No one cares how many vaccines YOU decide to get for YOURSELF. Go to CVS everyday of your life.

But if someone says no, I don't want one? I don't care either. It's their own choice

But you sure care. A lot about what other people do. /shrug/
Great, just don't expect to go to public school and you will be fine.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:01 AM

9,995 posts, read 5,987,112 times
Quote:

He's right. Like the anti-vaccine church in Texas that set up vaccination clinics when it was involved in an outbreak.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...break/2693945/

"At the Texas church, the visitor infected not only the congregation and staff, but the church's on-site day care center, according to an announcement on Eagle Mountain's website. Health officials notified the church of the measles outbreak Aug. 14, and the church sponsored a vaccination clinic Aug. 18. Eagle Mountain also scheduled a vaccination clinic Sunday."

It would help to know what the "scary reaction" was. Febrile seizures can be very scary but are not a reason to stop vaccinating your child. My granddaughter had one during a simple respiratory illness. Her frightened parents called 911. Now when she gets a vaccine her temp is monitored and she is treated to keep it down.

Iím not anti-vaccine. You can quit trying to put words in my mouth but I know youíll never stop shilling for vaccines.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Considering Iíve gotten vaccines for myself and my kids Iím not sure how I could be considered to be anti-vaccine. Such narrow mindedness.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:02 AM

23,757 posts, read 28,945,157 times
Quote:

The risk of any serious adverse reaction to a vaccine, much less a fatal one, is about one in a million. Most of those are severe allergic reactions, which can be treated. Such a reaction is a legitimate reason not to receive any more doses of that vaccine.

HPV vaccine is for both males and females, so I am unclear what point you think you are making.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m not anti-vaccine. You can quit trying to put words in my mouth but I know you’ll never stop shilling for vaccines.
I mean vaccines have saved more human lives than perhaps any other invention in the history of man.

Seems like a cause worthy of shilling.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I mean vaccines have saved more human lives than perhaps any other invention in the history of man.

Seems like a cause worthy of shilling.

Clean drinking water has saved more human lives then perhaps any other invention in the history of mankind. Funny how we donít see anyone shilling for clean water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or