U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:12 AM

9,940 posts, read 5,971,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
FALSE. Here is you advocating non vaccinated children to be allowed in public school, thus what you just described is not the ONLY thing being advocated for:

Deny education? No, false again.

They are free to pursue education through any private channels that will accept them.
The law applies to private school as well.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:13 AM

6,833 posts, read 4,721,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Parental fear? You mean like the fear that your precious child might sit next to a kid who’s not fully vaccinated? So much fear that you’ll deny that child an education?
Nope. More like the unfounded and utterly debunked parental fear that vaccines cause autism.

The person denying the child a public school education is the parent who without a medical reason decides not to vaccinate. And since it’s their choice, they get to deal with the consequences and find another option.

I’m OK with people being responsible for their choices.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. More like the unfounded and utterly debunked fear that vaccines cause autism.

The person denying the child a public school education is the parent who without a medical reason decides not to vaccinate. And since itís their choice, they get to deal with the consequences.

Iím OK with people being responsible for their choices.
Maybe one day youíll have the unfortunate experience of watching a loved one suffer an adverse reaction to a vaccine and youíll think back and wonder why you didnít have more empathy.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Maybe one day you’ll have the unfortunate experience of watching a loved one suffer an adverse reaction to a vaccine and you’ll think back and wonder why you didn’t have more empathy.
If my grandson has an adverse vaccine reaction and his mom (my daughter) refuse further vaccines despite the advice of his pediatrician who denied a medical waiver, then she’d need to figure out how to educate him outside of the public school system. Just like everyone else who makes that choice. I’m OK with that because my daughter learned when young that choices come with consequences.

Would I support her decision? Sure. Her kid, her choice. I’d even offer to help however I could with whatever educational plans she made. I would not wring my hands and claim the world was treating her unfairly because she had to follow the law like everyone else.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If my grandson has an adverse vaccine reaction and his mom (my daughter) refuse further vaccines despite the advice of his pediatrician who denied a medical waiver, then sheíd need to figure out how to educate him outside of the public school system. Just like everyone else who makes that choice. Iím OK with that because my daughter learned when young that choices come with consequences.

Would I support her decision? Sure. Her kid, her choice. Iíd even offer to help if i could with whatever educational plans she made. I would not wring my hands and claim the world was treating her unfairly.
Iím sure youíd handle it perfectly.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:33 AM

13,473 posts, read 10,297,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Doctor shopping. Everyone knows it occurs, even the people that like to pretend it isn't.
So let's parse this. An anti-vax can't get what vaccines are about, so LOOKS for a doc they can manipulate or will give them an unnecessary exemption. This doc SHOULD be under scrutiny. Works for me.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I’m sure you’d handle it perfectly.
Perfectly? I doubt it, but I would handle it consistently with my beliefs that public school vaccine mandates are good for the public health.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:35 AM

13,473 posts, read 10,297,744 times
Quote:
Maybe one day youíll have the unfortunate experience of watching a loved one suffer an adverse reaction to a vaccine and youíll think back and wonder why you didnít have more empathy.
Unfortunately, there are sooooo many people who see very thin threads of possible correlation as causation, it is pretty derned hard to conclude who really DID have an adverse reaction to a vaccine and what the reaction is or whether or not that reaction was going to continue with that or other vaccines. Vaccines have offered protection from formerly deadly diseases. And that is not an individual thing. The anti-vax population comes off as such wild nut jobs, that they are pretty hard to take seriously. It is like trying to take an MRA seriously in the area of family courts when their message is so damaging otherwise.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:37 AM

2,590 posts, read 709,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, no.

If you or anyone else wants a vaccine? GO get it. Get 100. Get a 10 a day until you die. No one cares how many vaccines YOU decide to get for YOURSELF. Go to CVS everyday of your life.

But if someone says no, I don't want one? I don't care either. It's their own choice

But you sure care. A lot about what other people do. /shrug/
Thank you, I will continue to vaccinate. And no one is suggesting that parents be denied the right to expose themselves or their children to preventable illnesses and needless suffering. No one.

Most here will agree with you that people have the right to control their own health choices and their own body. No one here is suggesting that someone else's will be imposed upon anyone else's body. I believe most of us agree with you on pro-choice being your right.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-12-2019 at 11:45 AM..

Old 09-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Unfortunately, there are sooooo many people who see very thin threads of possible correlation as causation, it is pretty derned hard to conclude who really DID have an adverse reaction to a vaccine and what the reaction is or whether or not that reaction was going to continue with that or other vaccines. Vaccines have offered protection from formerly deadly diseases. And that is not an individual thing. The anti-vax population comes off as such wild nut jobs, that they are pretty hard to take seriously. It is like trying to take an MRA seriously in the area of family courts when their message is so damaging otherwise.
Thereís an awful lot of misunderstanding. Your demonstrating that perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or