Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,145,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I totally understand that it’s hard for you to hear when your sitting way high up there on your horse.
Did you go to the store and buy a book on logical fallacies so you could bring them online and use them?

Old 09-12-2019, 11:55 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,645,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There is sooooo no parallel between vaccination and abortion on any level. That is about the laziest logic attempt ever. And you have No Idea what my view on being pro-choice is based on.

Sure there is. Both have to do with bodily autonomy. The ability to control what happens to one’s own body. The ownership of one’s body. Not allowing the government the ability to control one’s body. This is fairly obvious. If you can’t see it, I’d say your in denial.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Sorry you’re struggling so hard to understand but my post was clear. People can choose.
The notion of choice is so crazily conflated in the US. It is full on weird. We can accept our lack of freedom to buy lawn darts, but something as important as herd immunity gets people riled ... all over non-information and much debunked crap.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:58 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,645,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The notion of choice is so crazily conflated in the US. It is full on weird. We can accept our lack of freedom to buy lawn darts, but something as important as herd immunity gets people riled ... all over non-information and much debunked crap.
The choice to have control over what we decide to inject into our bodies should be a pretty fundamental right. Your lack of understanding of people’s reasons for such choices doesn’t negate the importance of being able to decide. You seem to be pretty dismissive in general of any viewpoint or experience that differs from your own.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:00 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,752,105 times
Quote:
If you believe the mantra of , “my body my choice” when it comes to abortion and not when it comes to vaccines then you’re not pro-choice, you’re pro-abortion.
You’re confusing consequences with choice yet again.

It is your body your choice for vaccines. There is no forcible vaccination. If you refuse then you do not get any vaccines. That’s the choice. Vaccinate or don’t vaccinate. You get 100% control over that choice.

What you want is to make your choice not effect the resulting educational options. You want the choice not to vaccinate AND the choice to attend public school. Those are 2 separate choices.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Sure there is. Both have to do with bodily autonomy. The ability to control what happens to one’s own body. The ownership of one’s body. Not allowing the government the ability to control one’s body. This is fairly obvious. If you can’t see it, I’d say your in denial.
No it is not obvious because the issues are more than that. Leaving abortion alone, failing to vaccinate does not have consequence solely to the person who chooses it. It is a community issue. And a person does not have universal right to affect their community. For instance, one could try and argue that a person should have the right to ingest any and all recreational drugs. But the consequences of so doing do not lay solely on the individual so legal protections are in place to protect society as a whole. This is not complex stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.