U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2019, 12:36 AM
 
8,161 posts, read 2,422,910 times
Reputation: 9628

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes it matters. Using 38 million rather than 6.5 million makes it look like home schoolers are a far smaller population than they are. It is deceptive.

Unless there are future measles outbreaks traceable to home schooled children there is no reason to include them in vaccine mandates.

As far as measles is concerned, all we need to do is stop its importation. Require proof of immunity for anyone entering the US from a foreign country.
Again, you don't even know what point you are arguing for or against because you are in a such a rush to promote and advertise vaccinations to everyone regardless of whether they want them.

 
Old 09-11-2019, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,736 posts, read 28,929,784 times
Reputation: 29568
Jeff said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Don't be too sure..... there is a pretty large homeschool industry in CA.
You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What is a homeschool industry?

Looks there are about 198,000 homeschoolers in California. Total population is 38,000,000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You didn't read the post I was responding to so your reply is irrelevant. It wasn't about number of kids in public school.
I have read every post in the thread.

My reply was not about the number of kids in public school. It was about the total number of kids of school age: public, private, and home schooled. Your 38 million figure is irrelevant because that is the total population of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, you don't even know what point you are arguing for or against because you are in a such a rush to promote and advertise vaccinations to everyone regardless of whether they want them.
I just present facts and expose misinformation. People can do with it what they wish. Your 38 million figure is deceptive disinformation. I just pointed it out.
 
Old 09-11-2019, 05:00 AM
 
6,777 posts, read 3,744,831 times
Reputation: 7617
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Jeff said:



You said:





I have read every post in the thread.

My reply was not about the number of kids in public school. It was about the total number of kids of school age: public, private, and home schooled. Your 38 million figure is irrelevant because that is the total population of the state.



I just present facts and expose misinformation. People can do with it what they wish. Your 38 million figure is deceptive disinformation. I just pointed it out.
https://a2zhomeschooling.com/thought...oled_students/
 
Old 09-11-2019, 05:27 AM
 
6,777 posts, read 3,744,831 times
Reputation: 7617
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you don’t want to vaccinate your kids then home school them.
That is not going to keep them out of society or getting on planes or travelling state to state. Rockland County tried that and it was struck down in the courts. Plus, they will eventually grow up to be unvaccinated adults.

Unvaccinated Homes school children cannot go to Disney?
 
Old 09-11-2019, 05:54 AM
 
6,777 posts, read 3,744,831 times
Reputation: 7617
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think that the only way that they would go after homeschoolers would be to do so indirectly by eroding homeschoolers rights to a point where the state made it more difficult if not impossible for many people to homeschool and in turn, forced many back into the school system which would then require being fully up to date on all vaccinations.
That Dr. Peter Pan in California is power hungry and on a mission. Give him an inch and he will want a mile. There is a poster on here who has said in the past that health insurance companies should raise the premiums of everyone who refuses a vaccination. Do you remember that? Presumably she means everyone, not only parents of young children. Oh, you have a choice. Nobody is going to force you to vaccinate, but there must be "consequences" according to her. Home school your children, today. Tomorrow? Increase your health insurance premiums (adults as well) if you do not comply. They cannot achieve their 95% Herd Immunity with only 25% of the population (children).

Power hungry.
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:04 AM
 
8,161 posts, read 2,422,910 times
Reputation: 9628
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Jeff said:



You said:





I have read every post in the thread.

My reply was not about the number of kids in public school. It was about the total number of kids of school age: public, private, and home schooled. Your 38 million figure is irrelevant because that is the total population of the state.



I just present facts and expose misinformation. People can do with it what they wish. Your 38 million figure is deceptive disinformation. I just pointed it out.
And .... you missed the post that prompted the very first post you quoted. Which explains the whole the thing.

So no, you only read and post what you cherrypick to support whatever provaccine statement you type. But that's OK. I absolutely understand your stance that vaccines are amazing and everyone should get them. Whether they want to or not. Whether their doctor wants them to or not. Because government says so.

And I spot misinformation a mile away. Not so sure about others.
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:06 AM
 
8,161 posts, read 2,422,910 times
Reputation: 9628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That Dr. Peter Pan in California is power hungry and on a mission. Give him an inch and he will want a mile. There is a poster on here who has said in the past that health insurance companies should raise the premiums of everyone who refuses a vaccination. Do you remember that? Presumably she means everyone, not only parents of young children. Oh, you have a choice. Nobody is going to force you to vaccinate, but there must be "consequences" according to her. Home school your children, today. Tomorrow? Increase your health insurance premiums (adults as well) if you do not comply. They cannot achieve their 95% Herd Immunity with only 25% of the population (children).

Power hungry.
Papers please situations. Already happens in order to go to public school and in some jobs. Papers please. Or you are banned.

Waiting for flights. Check vaccination records when you buy a plane ticket. It's coming.
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:29 AM
 
9,982 posts, read 5,983,982 times
Reputation: 9941
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You’re correct it was 1/3 of the ones in San Diego. 1/3 of 486 waivers is 162 not 25. And she freely admits the guidelines she uses for granting waivers do not comply with State regulations.

Actually it was 35 Medical exemptions per year. She wrote a total of 141 Medical Exemptions over a 4 year period. I’m not seeing that as an outrageous number.

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topi...-in-san-diego/
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:31 AM
 
9,982 posts, read 5,983,982 times
Reputation: 9941
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes it matters. Using 38 million rather than 6.5 million makes it look like home schoolers are a far smaller population than they are. It is deceptive.

Unless there are future measles outbreaks traceable to home schooled children there is no reason to include them in vaccine mandates.

As far as measles is concerned, all we need to do is stop its importation. Require proof of immunity for anyone entering the US from a foreign country.

The recent measles outbreaks have been traceable to adults, not children. Yet school children are still the target of all legislation.
 
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 AM
 
8,161 posts, read 2,422,910 times
Reputation: 9628
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The recent measles outbreaks have been traceable to adults, not children. Yet school children are still the target of all legislation.
From Rosanne
Darlene: "Mom wants me to get birth control because Becky had sex."
Dan: "I don't think that will work."

Which is why I said adults not homeschoolers will be the next target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top