U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 AM

4,902 posts, read 1,265,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
It's both. Society is moving to the left, and the GOP is moving to the right.
So do you think Bret Stephens is a "conservative" like the news portrays him? This is good ol' "conservative" Bret Stephens: BRET STEPHENS

Repeal the Second Amendment

The nerve of that guy. He's the same guy that said the US is "lucky" to have Mexico as our neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 09:05 AM

10,431 posts, read 4,637,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No, society has moved further and farther left. Every bit of it. 50 years from now after all the indoctrination of our children at the hands of "public education" there will not be a single conservative left in this country, just like they had planned all along.
The problem with contemporary Conservatism is that it's been taken over by nut jobs. When traditional conservatives like George Will and William Krystol are considered RINOs or even liberals then Conservatism has marginalized itself to appeal only to ultra-nationalists, white supremacists, and religious nuts. This is why the vast majority of Americans find modern Conservatism repulsive. These are self-inflicted wounds, not the result of leftist indoctrination or MSM propaganda.

Last edited by r small; 09-11-2019 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 09:05 AM

18,884 posts, read 8,606,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don't see anyone on the left claiming that Bolton was the last non-nazi in the Trump administration. Do you have a link?

I see the left pointing out that Bolton was a neoconservative warmonger whom they never liked in the first instance while people like Tucker Carlson preposterously claim that he was some sort of leftist who somehow served in four different Republican administrations.
I find it quite dizzying to be informed by Tucker Carlson what I think when I have a very clear memory of thinking and saying otherwise.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The problem with contemporary Conservatism is that it's been taken over by nut jobs. When traditional conservatives like George Will and William Krystol are considered RINOs or even liberals then Conservatism has marginalized itself to appeal only to ultra-nationalists, racists, and white supremacists. This is why the vast majority of Americans find modern Conservatism repulsive. These are self-inflicted wounds, not the result of leftist indoctrination or MSM propaganda.
George Will (the atheist and anti- Christian) is brought up in that piece I posted last page. Kristol..dear lord, where to begin with that anti-American nut. He is a left-winger - which is why he hates Trump so much.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 AM

5,031 posts, read 1,050,501 times
Quote:
All the "republicans" today are nothing but RINOs. Haven't you heard that term? (Republican In Name Only)?

Just look on TV. Not a single conservative voice among them, but the Fake News sure loves calling all these fakes "republicans": Boot, Kristol, Wilson, Stephens, Navaro, Brooks, Will, McCain, Cupp...and I could name a thousand more.

Here is a GREAT article on Never Trump "Conservatives" and why they are so wrong: The Collapse of the Never Trump Conservatives

Moreover, yes, the last Bush (like his daddy before him) was in fact a liberal! The Liberal Leanings of George W. Bush

Bolton was cut from the same fake cloth as the Kristols and Goldbergs and Boots. He was nothing less than a "progressive".
Heil Trump, right?

Old 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
George Will (the atheist and anti- Christian) is brought up in that piece I posted last page. Kristol..dear lord, where to begin with that anti-American nut. He is a left-winger - which is why he hates Trump so much.
I remember when Barry (Mr. Conservative) Goldwater warned the Republicans about the influence of the Christian Right on the party. You're exhibit A.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:34 AM

2,123 posts, read 2,674,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don't see anyone on the left claiming that Bolton was the last non-nazi in the Trump administration. Do you have a link?

I see the left pointing out that Bolton was a neoconservative warmonger whom they never liked in the first instance while people like Tucker Carlson preposterously claim that he was some sort of leftist who somehow served in four different Republican administrations.

Not only this, after firing Bolton all Trump devotees claim that they never liked Bolton to begin with!! This is all their regular BS. I'd like them to quote their original message when they did show displeasure over his appointment. I am waiting.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:03 AM

654 posts, read 234,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump decides that, he's made government into business.
Not really. If a President had that much power then President Obama would have made a lot more progress single-handed instead of having to convince Congress with logic and common sense.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I remember when Barry (Mr. Conservative) Goldwater warned the Republicans about the influence of the Christian Right on the party. You're exhibit A.
I don't even know what I believe in anymore (check the religion forum for examples).

But I would argue that the decline in religious faith in America (mostly Protestantism+Catholicism) has had a net NEGATIVE effect on our culture. Argue what you want - but I would say that even as a person who isn't sure what I believe in.

Just look around at the decay in this country.

George Will is not a good person. He's a smug, pompous old man who has contempt for every one of us who voted for/support Trump. The guy is a progressive. Sorry, it's just the truth.

I could sit here all day giving you examples of how left-wing all of these so-called "conservatives" on TV are. The examples are plentiful.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't even know what I believe in anymore (check the religion forum for examples).

But I would argue that the decline in religious faith in America (mostly Protestantism+Catholicism) has had a net NEGATIVE effect on our culture. Argue what you want - but I would say that even as a person who isn't sure what I believe in.

Just look around at the decay in this country.

George Will is not a good person. He's a smug, pompous old man who has contempt for every one of us who voted for/support Trump. The guy is a progressive. Sorry, it's just the truth.

I could sit here all day giving you examples of how left-wing all of these so-called "conservatives" on TV are. The examples are plentiful.
When it comes to the influence of the Christian Right on politics, and particularly the Republican party, I'm with Barry Goldwater. As for people practicing their faith in their homes and houses of worship, I support that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies