Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Another one bites the dust - Bolton
... Makes me long for the good ol' days when Bolton was seen by The Left as a war monger and the face of American Imperialism.
Now they evidently see him as the last non Nazi in the Trump Administration. His departure is now seen a serious blow to the effort at world peace. There will be war without him!

... All this in just a few days...

Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The least educated (and, correspondingly, the lowest-income) Americans overwhelmingly vote Dem. Lack of adequate preparation to "adult" is a known Dem characteristic.
I don't know that your theory holds much water.

First of all, lots of low income people vote for Republicans. The poorest states in the nation consistently vote Republican.

As to adequate preparation to think like an adult, Republicans voted for a con man, well known for running businesses into the ground, and despite his constant lies and obvious criminal behavior, Republicans continue to support him.

Anyway, back to John Bolton. Trump will soon have had more NSAs than wives.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:20 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
... Makes me long for the good ol' days when Bolton was seen by The Left as a war monger and the face of American Imperialism.
Now they evidently see him as the last non Nazi in the Trump Administration. His departure is now seen a serious blow to the effort at world peace. There will be war without him!

... All this in just a few days...
I don't see anyone on the left claiming that Bolton was the last non-nazi in the Trump administration. Do you have a link?

I see the left pointing out that Bolton was a neoconservative warmonger whom they never liked in the first instance while people like Tucker Carlson preposterously claim that he was some sort of leftist who somehow served in four different Republican administrations.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:24 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You can just imagine the exploding heads from the right, had Obama talked about meeting and talking with the Taliban, let alone meeting them here on the homeland. This forum would have gone bonkers.
I remember being sharply critical of Obama when he declared that he would meet with Iranian leaders.
He did it anyway, though, and my worst fears were realized as he gave them everything they asked for.

It's not the fact that some POTUS meets with an enemy. Which POTUS is doing the meeting is of greater concern, and Obama should have stayed out of it. For that matter, he should have stayed away from meeting with our "friends" in Paris, too.
He wasn't up to the task. Trump is.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:29 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I remember being sharply critical of Obama when he declared that he would meet with Iranian leaders.
He did it anyway, though, and my worst fears were realized as he gave them everything they asked for.

It's not the fact that some POTUS meets with an enemy. Which POTUS is doing the meeting is of greater concern, and Obama should have stayed out of it. For that matter, he should have stayed away from meeting with our "friends" in Paris, too.
He wasn't up to the task. Trump is.
Yes, his track record with Iran and North Korea screams "up to the task".

Old 09-11-2019, 08:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know that your theory holds much water.
Yes, it does. Here you go...

Votes By Income Level and Political Party, Democrat and Republican

Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker...an-of-the-left

Is this how it works now? If you have a falling out with Trump or do not agree with him 100% you are a leftist? I'm old enough (but not super old) to remember 16 years ago when guys like Bolton wanted us in wars constantly and were in power. The majority of the people who put us in those wars were not "left"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that is how FOX, and other RW media works. When Trump says the word, they will put out a statement like that, and in less then 10 hours all loyalists will be repeating the same line.

Bolton was in the extreme right wing of the Republican party, and left because he did not respect Trumps leadership anymore.

All the "republicans" today are nothing but RINOs. Haven't you heard that term? (Republican In Name Only)?

Just look on TV. Not a single conservative voice among them, but the Fake News sure loves calling all these fakes "republicans": Boot, Kristol, Wilson, Stephens, Navaro, Brooks, Will, McCain, Cupp...and I could name a thousand more.

Here is a GREAT article on Never Trump "Conservatives" and why they are so wrong: The Collapse of the Never Trump Conservatives

Moreover, yes, the last Bush (like his daddy before him) was in fact a liberal! The Liberal Leanings of George W. Bush

Bolton was cut from the same fake cloth as the Kristols and Goldbergs and Boots. He was nothing less than a "progressive".

Old 09-11-2019, 08:43 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
All the "republicans" today are nothing but RINOs. Haven't you heard that term? (Republican In Name Only)?

Just look on TV. Not a single conservative voice among them, but the Fake News sure loves calling all these fakes "republicans": Boot, Kristol, Wilson, Stephens, Navaro, Brooks, Will, McCain, Cupp...and I could name a thousand more.

Here is a GREAT article on Never Trump "Conservatives" and why they are so wrong: The Collapse of the Never Trump Conservatives

Moreover, yes, the last Bush (like his daddy before him) was in fact a liberal! The Liberal Leanings of George W. Bush

Bolton was cut from the same fake cloth as the Kristols and Goldbergs and Boots. He was nothing less than a "progressive".
What you call “RINOs” were often those that once might have been called moderate Republicans. I used to be a Republican, but the party is drifting further and further away from the center because of people like you. You cheer when moderates are driven from the party, then still think GOP support is growing.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
What you call “RINOs” were often those that once might have been called moderate Republicans. I used to be a Republican, but the party is drifting further and further away from the center because of people like you. You cheer when moderates are driven from the party, then still think GOP support is growing.
No, society has moved further and farther left. Every bit of it. 50 years from now after all the indoctrination of our children at the hands of "public education" there will not be a single conservative left in this country, just like they had planned all along.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:57 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No, society has moved further and farther left. Every bit of it. 50 years from now after all the indoctrination of our children at the hands of "public education" there will not be a single conservative left in this country, just like they had planned all along.
It's both. Society is moving to the left, and the GOP is moving to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies