Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:33 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Ummm, maybe for the same reasons we are trying to prevent NK and Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons? Were we ok with Cuba and missiles? Saudi is very corrupt country that for the first time is trying to project offensive power toward their neighbors. They are obviously not very good at it.

One would think that a war should have a diplomatic objective besides total annihilation.
The US has no business whatsoever dictating what other countries can and cannot do. Full stop. Other countries can do as they wish. The US can choose to refuse to conduct the trades of goods/services with other countries, but that's it. The US does not rule the world. Facts matter.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They can buy them from whomever they want. The point is that US taxpayers are NOT paying for them.
Then let me put it like this: I would prefer that my tax dollars not be used to produce arms that are then sold to corrupt and brutal regimes like Saudi Arabia.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:46 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
The US has no business whatsoever dictating what other countries can and cannot do. Full stop. Other countries can do as they wish. The US can choose to refuse to conduct the trades of goods/services with other countries, but that's it. The US does not rule the world. Facts matter.
??? The history of the world disagrees with you.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Bolton has always been on the hawkish side and after he became NSA he went plumb over the edge in a lot of ways. There was no problem to him that could not be solved by military force. Some country or another disagrees with US policy, park a division of Marines on their border and then talk about it.

While I'm OK with the use of military force in many instances it's not always the answer.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:22 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I was never a fan of Bolton so kind of glad he's gone and wonder why Trump picked him in the first place. The only legitimate criticism I have on Trump is some of his picks have been pretty lousy but I think Spicer and Sarah were home runs (grand slam in Sarah's case).
You MUST have been a comedian in your past life. SMH

Old 09-12-2019, 10:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Why can't the US sell whatever it wants to whomever it wants? And the same is true of other countries. They can sell whatever they want to whichever countries want to buy.
So your A-OK with Russia selling fighter jets to Turkey, a NATO country, when the USA would not?

Explain.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So what's the story? Trump didn't know who he was hiring? I could see that.
It was probably his advisers jabbering in his ear. They are the ones that likely suggested Trump put on a guy like Bolton. And thankfully Trump realized his ideas were at odds with his.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:40 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
It’s interesting this is the THIRD national security adviser that Trumps has so called fired. And of course Trump
Isn’t at fault and they weren’t working out. So like always Trump outs someone in their place he can push around. Trump is the poster child for narcissistic behavior. He plays the martyr well.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:56 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So your A-OK with Russia selling fighter jets to Turkey, a NATO country, when the USA would not?

Explain.
Yeah, I'm okay with that.

Turkey is not a US State.

What would you have Trump do?

Would you have Trump overthrow the Turkish government like Truwoman overthrew the Greek government and then rammed $Billions in military contracts down their throats?

And then in 1967, LBJerk overthrew the Greek government and rammed another few $Billion down the Greek's throats, because they weren't buying enough F-104 Starfighters.

Would you have Trump be like Eisencoward and try to overthrow the Syrian government for Declaring Neutrality While Non-White/Non-Christian? Or try to assassinate and overthrow Nasser of Egypt for Declaring Neutrality While Non-White/Non-Christian or assassinate Nehru of India for Declaring Neutrality While Non-White/Non-Christian?

That kind of foreign policy might have worked in the past, but today that's a good way to get three 450 kt nuclear warheads detonated 85 miles above the surface over the US. You won't see them or hear them, but you will see and hear hundreds of angry starving penniless mobs roaming around attacking you and your family for the rest of your life, however short your life might be.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:12 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It was probably his advisers jabbering in his ear. They are the ones that likely suggested Trump put on a guy like Bolton. And thankfully Trump realized his ideas were at odds with his.

Well, that would be a whole different problem! But you are right, Trump is know to be easily swayed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies