U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 PM

27,309 posts, read 11,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Leftist? Show us where Pauls attacker was a democrat. And remember Paul is a libertarian. Republicans disagree with libertarians in many areas.
Quite a few articles say he is a registered democrat.

"Boucher claims he went to the homeowners association in the gated community to complain. He also denied that the ambush on Paul was politically motivated, which could carry far harsher penalties. "

I would say, it wasn't politically motivated to avoid a harsher sentence too. It wouldn't surprise me if it played into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 09:10 PM

7,843 posts, read 2,784,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quite a few articles say he is a registered democrat.

"Boucher claims he went to the homeowners association in the gated community to complain. He also denied that the ambush on Paul was politically motivated, which could carry far harsher penalties. "

I would say, it wasn't politically motivated to avoid a harsher sentence too. It wouldn't surprise me if it played into it.
All reports were of a property dispute. There has been nothing credible to say politically motivated.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:12 PM

2,047 posts, read 421,080 times
Quote:
All reports were of a property dispute. There has been nothing credible to say politically motivated.
Yeah, that's the story peddled by the felon, his lawyers, and the liberal liars in the media. The appellate court knew the truth and applied the law.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:52 PM

27,309 posts, read 11,466,505 times
Quote:
Yet they didn't interact. Paul stated they hadn't talked in years.

“Before Senator Paul was violently attacked from behind, he had no conversations or discussions with the attacker,” Sergio Gor, the deputy chief of staff for Paul said in a statement. “There was no ’longstanding dispute.’ This description is untrue. It is impossible to have a dispute when no words of disagreement were ever spoken — neither immediately nor at any other time before the attack occurred. In the decade prior to the attack, Senator Paul had no contact with the attacker.”

Explain that to me, how someone who hasn't talked to another is going to get upset about tree branches WHICH WERE ON RAND PAULS PROPERTY. You think that's credible?

btw How does someone blow grass clippings on anothers property? While cutting his lawn a minute piece of grass ended up on his neighbors yard? That Rand Paul would continually place his own cut tree branches on another persons property is absurd.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-11-2019 at 12:03 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 12:19 AM

9,714 posts, read 4,413,503 times
I don't care what side of the political spectrum an assailant is on, they should pay with a stiff sentence when they physically attack others, just because of differing political views.

I'd say the same thing if it were Schumer attacked for his viewpoint.

`

Old 09-11-2019, 07:27 AM

52,730 posts, read 42,360,933 times
Quote:
This article covers the situation pretty well.

The key fact is that while he may have not like Pauls politics, it was essentially a dude that just flipped out over a brush pile.

They'd been neighbors for 17 years and the timing of the attack and that the guy obviously "lost it" would definitely indicate to me that it was "brush" related.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ighbor-n839366

Now here, let me REALLY kill the narrative. The FBI investigated as it could have brought federal charges for assaulting a member of congress. They did not bring charges, so that's good enough for me and a fairly strong case that it was not politically driven.

For Rand Paul, I hope part of any settlement involves the guy having to move. I would not want that nutjob living near me.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Status: "Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, pathetic, ugly, and real!" (set 19 days ago)

1,627 posts, read 322,108 times
Sure seems that way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now here, let me REALLY kill the narrative. The FBI investigated as it could have brought federal charges for assaulting a member of congress. They did not bring charges, so that's good enough for me and a fairly strong case that it was not politically driven.

For Rand Paul, I hope part of any settlement involves the guy having to move. I would not want that nutjob living near me.
He should lose his license to practice. If a pile of vegetation can set him off I would not want this nutjob living near me nor being my doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't care what side of the political spectrum an assailant is on, they should pay with a stiff sentence when they physically attack others, just because of differing political views.

I'd say the same thing if it were Schumer attacked for his viewpoint.
`
For those who seem to defend this nutter, the above!

There is no reason for anyone to send a person to a hospital with broken ribs for any reason other than self-defense. By all accounts, he flew into a rage not giving Paul any sort of warning before he attacked him.
Quote:
Does the reason for a brutal attack matter more than the act itself? Sure seems that way to too many in here.

Last edited by Originalist; 09-11-2019 at 08:50 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 09:35 AM

52,730 posts, read 42,360,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Does the reason for a brutal attack matter more than the act itself? Sure seems that way to too many in here.
Yes, for example if it was racially motivated it would have created steeper charges as a hate crime.

Or, if it were politically motivated it would have triggered federal charges for assaulting a member of congress which the FBI investigated but then charges were not brought.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM

3,178 posts, read 980,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ighbor-n839366

thats the prosecutors.

Here is the interview, please point where reality has touched you.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/IN...487276951.html

So now Ideally you do some self reflection and think about why did you think that a complete false thing was true, where did you read this? maybe question that source.
Thank you for making my point. Nice look standing up for a scumbag coward who attacks people from behind on their own property, maybe you can visit him in prison.

“The Paul's said this yard control concern was never brought to their attention.

"He never ever talk to us, expressed his displeasure over anything. He also never made a formal complaint -- but here's the weird thing. Let's say he had, does that justify breaking someone's ribs?" said Sen. Paul.”

Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM

3,178 posts, read 980,417 times
So far this year far leftist have justified and defended a convicted assailant of a US Senator, supported China in a trade war, and opposed any efforts to curb illegal immigration. I wish I can say I was surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or