Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 06:25 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times

Advertisements

The left and the media (twins) all howled at his comments about Puerto Rico corruption. (Any scandals in PR since then?? Just wondering..........).

Here ya go:
https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN1VV2SG

Trying to clean up the Swamp. (She was an Obama hire, almost certainly a Diversity Hire.)
"But, but, but, but Puerto Rico was all TRUMP'S fault!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 08:49 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
This doesn’t fit the chosen narrative.

https://journalrecord.com/2019/09/10...d-for-bribery/

DOJ statement.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-pr/pr/f...lc-and-another

The fifteen count indictment.

https://cdn.govexec.com/media/gbc/do...019tribble.pdf

Old 09-10-2019, 08:53 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The left and the media (twins) all howled at his comments about Puerto Rico corruption. (Any scandals in PR since then?? Just wondering..........).

Here ya go:
https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN1VV2SG

Trying to clean up the Swamp. (She was an Obama hire, almost certainly a Diversity Hire.)
"But, but, but, but Puerto Rico was all TRUMP'S fault!!!"
Huh? This has to do with a U.S. federal government official and a U.S. private company. Seems Puerto Rico was merely the victim. And Trump was been bellowing how great a job FEMA is doing and it was a FEMA gut scamming. Remember the howling of "drain the swamp"? Still waiting.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Huh? This has to do with a U.S. federal government official and a U.S. private company. Seems Puerto Rico was merely the victim. And Trump was been bellowing how great a job FEMA is doing and it was a FEMA gut scamming. Remember the howling of "drain the swamp"? Still waiting.
Well, here’s at least ONE Swamp creature (Obama hire) who is going to do hard time. (Actually, her and her assistant). Probably it’s racist to prosecute them, though......amirite?

Old 09-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Well, here’s at least ONE Swamp creature (Obama hire) who is going to do hard time. (Actually, her and her assistant). Probably it’s racist to prosecute them, though......amirite?
Now I have no idea when this guy was hired. Lets say it was under Obama. Do you think Obama interviewed him? Is that how you think things work? Comical.

Simple fact. This was americans acting badly. Had nothing to do with Puerto Rico. Have some integrity and admit it.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
The U.S. taxpayer has been getting scammed by FEMA ineptitude for many years.

I moved to Puerto Rico in 2000, lived there two years. There was many homes that still had "temp" roofs from hurricane Georges in 1998. They were easy to spot, bright blue thick rubberized tarp material, pulled tight with tension.

Many of these homes never actually had proper roofs installed while I lived there, just kept the blue tarps. Hurricane wind/water damage insurance is extremely expensive in Puerto Rico, most home owners (if any) have that insurance. Many of the roofs are terra cotta tile (not cast concrete) which a hurricane takes like nothing.

Next big storm, the tarps are pulled off, and FEMA shows up handing out 20K checks again. Puerto Ricans dont pay federal taxes, we do.

Rinse and repeat.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
The U.S. taxpayer has been getting scammed by FEMA ineptitude for many years.

I moved to Puerto Rico in 2000, lived there two years. There was many homes that still had "temp" roofs from hurricane Georges in 1998. They were easy to spot, bright blue thick rubberized tarp material, pulled tight with tension.

Many of these homes never actually had proper roofs installed while I lived there, just kept the blue tarps. Hurricane wind/water damage insurance is extremely expensive in Puerto Rico, most home owners (if any) have that insurance. Many of the roofs are terra cotta tile (not cast concrete) which a hurricane takes like nothing.

Next big storm, the tarps are pulled off, and FEMA shows up handing out 20K checks again. Puerto Ricans dont pay federal taxes, we do.

Rinse and repeat.
And I lived in Punta Gorda Fl when Charlie came through. Talk about rampant insurance fraud. One tile came off your roof and you got a new 30k roof.

Guess what? Americans will scam the system just as bad as Puerto Ricans.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:57 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
And I lived in Punta Gorda Fl when Charlie came through. Talk about rampant insurance fraud. One tile came off your roof and you got a new 30k roof.

Guess what? Americans will scam the system just as bad as Puerto Ricans.
When it comes to govt payouts almost anybody will scam, yes.

Insurance companies will attempt to protect their interests by actually checking on things. They will keep records of your home and payouts.

When something big happens that gets FEMA on the scene, they simply show up and say "Yep, your roof is gone, you are getting a check" and move on. They rarely do follow up and go back and check twice (if ever).

Old 09-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Now I have no idea when this guy was hired. Lets say it was under Obama. Do you think Obama interviewed him? Is that how you think things work? Comical.

Simple fact. This was americans acting badly. Had nothing to do with Puerto Rico. Have some integrity and admit it.
I just know that it was Trump who got these gals hired during the Obama years.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:44 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
You think Obama personally hires regional Fema personnel? thats what we are saying?, or is because the lady is black and so its Obama.
I am just trying to figure out the motivation here, this sort of buck stops here mentality seems to be applied very selectively. The amount of people that Trump has personally endorsed to later claimed he doesnt know, or played a small part on his administration is quite large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies