U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 04:27 PM

32,476 posts, read 37,164,775 times

Advertisements

Thank god those bad kids can't drink from plastic straws though. That will teach them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 04:30 PM

9,732 posts, read 6,054,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thank god those bad kids can't drink from plastic straws though. That will teach them.

This is just more non-sensical statement from the right-wing. It has nothing to do with the subject, doesn't make sense, and not witty.

Right-wing in a nutshell.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:32 PM

6,897 posts, read 3,222,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You beat me to it. It is very similar to what allowed Nikolas Cruz to progress to that point.
Thought it sounded familiar, but after reading the whole thread I see I wasn't the first to recognize that.....

Old 09-10-2019, 04:33 PM

30,622 posts, read 16,965,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is just more non-sensical statement from the right-wing. It has nothing to do with the subject, doesn't make sense, and not witty.

Right-wing in a nutshell.

They find themselves hilarious tho. It's like watching the Three Stooges on an endless loop.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:34 PM

25,099 posts, read 12,313,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...nts-suspended/

More brilliance from the morons on the left coast. Why any sane person lives in CA is something I will never understand. It is a dump, and I say that living in Baltimore.
Shows how much a nanny state it has become. Proof positive hood rats breed hood rats who behave like hood rats.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:11 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,576,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Violent students are not disruptive? People are citing this bill along with the video of the teacher getting pummeled. They can absolutely still suspend for that.
Did you read the article? Nowhere does it say that students will get a 'free pass' for pummeling teachers. It implies that this could possibly lead to something like that citing situations in Baltimore. Where is this video of which you speak?

I am just basing my replies in this thread on what has been actually posted in this thread so far and what the article actually said. Maybe I need to read it more carefully. Or maybe you do.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:27 PM

14,393 posts, read 6,261,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
This is the problem with the school system. It teaches blind obedience. If I can miss half a semester and still get an 'A', obviously I'm not being challenged enough. Maybe I should be put in higher level classes or moved up a grade. Punishing me for not having my butt in the seat for some arbitrary number of days instead of recognizing merit is ludicrous. Isn't school supposed to be about how smart I am? Nope, it isn't. It is a holding tank, because administrators made it that way.
They donít do that anymore. Now a kid could get suspended and they let them make up their work. It is effectively a vacation with no consequences. They only did that rule because kids were skipping school and not learning anything. It was meant to be a deterrent to keep kids going to class. Most of the skippers werenít the straight A students anyway, but slap them with summer school or an extra year and they straighten up or drop out eventually. Now the school administration is held to account for the drop out or failure rate so they just make it easy for them.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,556,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good. There is nothing dumber than suspending a student who doesn't want to be in school. That's basically punishing the student by giving that student exactly what he/she wants.

When I was that age, we'd purposely get suspended just so we get to stay home and play video games or hang out. It's the stupidest rule education has ever come up with.

Now those kids will have to participate in school activities to address their bad behavior instead of a get-out-jail card.

This... I logged in and and checked new threads... THREE of them start with "California..." and all of them are misleading and most likely from people who don't even live in CA. Some people need a life.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:48 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,576,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Worked out real well for Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS and Broward County Schools, eh?
If you can't get it right the first time . . . .

Old 09-11-2019, 06:55 AM

9,261 posts, read 16,050,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
You would purposely get suspended? Usually a
suspension is for more serious infractions than the kind where they put you in "in-school suspension". What would you cool kids do to get suspended? If you did it often enough you should have been placed at an alternative school. Not cool.
It's so easy to get suspended from school, I remember kids(that were friends) would purposely start fights with each other to get a 3 day suspension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or