Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 01:34 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-sha...nts-suspended/

More brilliance from the morons on the left coast. Why any sane person lives in CA is something I will never understand. It is a dump, and I say that living in Baltimore.
Great idea

It was such a brilliant success when Parkland Highschool was forced to do the same thing in Florida.

California is a Lost State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 01:35 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
some schools are just holding tanks for criminals.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,461,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
some schools are just holding tanks for criminals.

Yeah, like all the ones who shoot them up then kill themselves instead of facing the consequences. I most certainly agree with you.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:51 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Violent students are not disruptive? People are citing this bill along with the video of the teacher getting pummeled. They can absolutely still suspend for that.
The teacher was likely a white racist kkk member and those blacks girls that beat her were likely abused by that teacher and likely would have attended Harvard in the near future.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:55 PM

The most uncivilized people in America are usually the most sensitive. How unfortunate.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:27 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good. There is nothing dumber than suspending a student who doesn't want to be in school. That's basically punishing the student by giving that student exactly what he/she wants.

When I was that age, we'd purposely get suspended just so we get to stay home and play video games or hang out. It's the stupidest rule education has ever come up with.

Now those kids will have to participate in school activities to address their bad behavior instead of a get-out-jail card.

You would purposely get suspended? Usually a
suspension is for more serious infractions than the kind where they put you in "in-school suspension". What would you cool kids do to get suspended? If you did it often enough you should have been placed at an alternative school. Not cool.

Last edited by lizjo; 09-10-2019 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-10-2019, 02:32 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
By suppressing their LGBT-Self on a god that doesn't exist? I known a kid who just went to college, he got kicked out by coming out Gay. Even when he was at top of his class. His family who ran a church put church over their son.
Say what? Anecdotal. Not evidence.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:39 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good. There is nothing dumber than suspending a student who doesn't want to be in school. That's basically punishing the student by giving that student exactly what he/she wants.

When I was that age, we'd purposely get suspended just so we get to stay home and play video games or hang out. It's the stupidest rule education has ever come up with.

Now those kids will have to participate in school activities to address their bad behavior instead of a get-out-jail card.

When I was in school we automatically failed a class if we had five or more unexcused absences. Didn’t matter if we made 100s on every quiz or test, we still failed. So suspensions can be a good punishment if schools still followed that rule.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
When I was in school we automatically failed a class if we had five or more unexcused absences. Didn’t matter if we made 100s on every quiz or test, we still failed. So suspensions can be a good punishment if schools still followed that rule.

This is the problem with the school system. It teaches blind obedience. If I can miss half a semester and still get an 'A', obviously I'm not being challenged enough. Maybe I should be put in higher level classes or moved up a grade. Punishing me for not having my butt in the seat for some arbitrary number of days instead of recognizing merit is ludicrous. Isn't school supposed to be about how smart I am? Nope, it isn't. It is a holding tank, because administrators made it that way.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
We're turning out way better than the liberal kids. At least we know which gender we are.

Not judging by the numerous closeted gay Republicans that's been outed and many who are still in the closet.

Does "Rent Boy", Pages, and "Wide Stance" ring a bell?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies