U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,532,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Can you explain why this threat to make "American people pay tariffs" worked so well, and why Mexico started enforcing the law after they were .... well, "not threatened"?
Sure. Tariffs are paid by the consumer, obviously they make goods from the exporting country less attractive to the us consumer, therefore Mexico would not want tariffs because they make their products less competitive. Still not paying the tariffs.
Mexico new government is populist with nativist tendencies, it also remains to be seen the real impact as temperatures drop we shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

34,850 posts, read 42,070,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Democrats are moving on two fronts to block President Donald Trump from using special emergency powers to transfer money from military base construction projects like new schools to pay for new fences along the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ver/ar-AAH5ij9

Traitorous Democrats are at it again.
Actually if you are ok with trump raiding the military budget to get funding for his pointless wall then its America that will have a weaker military as a result.

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

8,504 posts, read 2,487,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Actually if you are ok with trump raiding the military budget to get funding for his pointless wall then its America that will have a weaker military as a result.
how will you be able to tell besides what CNN will tell you. Our defense budget is 700 billion, what's 5 billion of that for border security? Liberals have been railing about we spend too much on defense for decades, now 5B out of 700B is unacceptable.....LMAO

you guys kill me lol

lacking intelligent thought

Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

2,276 posts, read 475,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
how will you be able to tell? Besides what CNN will tell you.
Because it’s basic math that even a first-grader could understand.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

12,105 posts, read 15,711,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yes, really. We're talking about future wall contracts not past contracts you've reviewed. And I didn't say Trump would write them but rather have them written.
CBP has to write them in accordance to established FAR policies, none of which the executive branch can ‘wave a magical wand’ in order to bend.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

25,006 posts, read 12,284,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If this administration wants to build a wall, they should be pushing for wall funds to be included in the budget, not stealing emergency funds for a non-emergency. Regardless of whether you think the wall is a good idea, this sets an awful precedent.
We’ll worry about the US and you worry about the UK, mmkay?

Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

12,095 posts, read 3,012,037 times
Trump padded the military budget because he knew he could use the funds later if the Demwits blocked money for the wall

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

10,094 posts, read 2,484,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump padded the military budget because he knew he could use the funds later if the Demwits blocked money for the wall
You give him far too much credit.

Trump 'padded' the military budget for the votes from places like Alabama, Kentucky and Texas. Stephen Miller probably thought up this recent maneuver of stealing money from services for military families (and other aberrations) later. They are turning over every rock to fund Trump's boondoggle.

But I am glad to see we can both agree that the military budget is too large.

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

5,335 posts, read 1,624,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
We’ll worry about the US and you worry about the UK, mmkay?
Why would I worry about the U.K.? What an odd comment, and one that betrays your utter inability to debate me and instead deflect to a false suggestion that I’m not American. An attack that, incidentally, appears to be coordinated with other posters... as if you were tasked with doing so by someone because I refute propaganda with facts.

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

10,094 posts, read 2,484,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why would I worry about the U.K.? What an odd comment, and one that betrays your utter inability to debate me and instead deflect to a false suggestion that I’m not American. An attack that, incidentally, appears to be coordinated with other posters... as if you were tasked with doing so by someone because I refute propaganda with facts.
We work with the facts and live with the Truth.

Some of these people are not very sophisticated. I have been called a Mexican and also told to go back to Ethiopia recently

Not that I care, but they can be very stupid at times. We tell them the equivalent of their intellectual fly is open, and they get angry. But hey, it's their fly that's open ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or