U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

2,276 posts, read 475,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Where have you been? Articles like this have been posted nearly daily. They are very deceiving by the media because they know the wall is being built, but they phrase it in a way that it isn’t. Now they can’t hide it from the public anymore

https://amp.axios.com/trump-border-w...df9e27405.html
Uhhh.... your article makes no mention that Democrats are “hide[ing] the fact that the wall is being built”....

Put it back in the deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

5,553 posts, read 3,370,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If this administration wants to build a wall, they should be pushing for wall funds to be included in the budget, not stealing emergency funds for a non-emergency. Regardless of whether you think the wall is a good idea, this sets an awful precedent.
There is a crisis at the Southern border and it's considered a national emergency. I don't see a problem with this

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

12,105 posts, read 15,711,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump padded the military budget because he knew he could use the funds later if the Demwits blocked money for the wall
Prove it.

Oh wait- You canít.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

63,790 posts, read 34,858,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) ó Senate Democrats are moving on two fronts to block President Donald Trump from using special emergency powers to transfer money from military base construction projects like new schools to pay for new fences along the U.S.-Mexico border.
I am glad someone still defends the Constitution.

Old Today, 04:35 AM

38,161 posts, read 16,494,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Umm, Tariffs are paid by the consumer not the exporting country, and I guess 0 is the answer, Trump threaten Mexico with a 5% tariff but he didnt do it.
i am guessing you knew that but maybe you are quick enough after all.
"Umm, Tariffs are paid by the consumer not the exporting country," so are taxes UMM!

If you DON'T buy goods made in Mexico, you do NOT "pay for the tariffs.

No one is FORCING you to buy from Mexico so it is a VOLUNTARY thing.

Old Today, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Congress voted for it!? Then there’s no problem and you’re trying to compare apples to oranges. Congress didn’t vote for this.

You mean how much in taxes have Americans paid for goods from Mexico?

Derka durr...
"Congress didn’t vote for this." Yes they did, when they wrote the laws and the Constitution.

The Supreme Court has ruled Trump CAN move construction money from 1 project to another.

Having worked as a Project Manger for Uncle Sam, I KNEW he could because we did it ALL the time.

Looks like you will be demoted for "your Lordship".

And you did what when you worked for Uncle Sam?

Old Today, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Has anyone thought of the environmental impact to the area? Like cutting an environment in half can have detrimental effects on the wildlife..
A 25' path isn't going to hurt the wildlife in the desert. Not even rattlesnakes.

Old Today, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
When a poster falsely claims that Trump never promised Mexico would make a lump sum payment and that his plan (going back to 2015) was to fund the wall using tariffs and taxing remittances, I think its perfectly fair game to point out that, going back to 2015, Trump's plan (in writing) was based on his promise that Mexico would make a lump sum $5-10 billion payment and made no mention of funding the wall using tariffs and taxing remittances.
I'm saying NO ONE running for ANY office doesn't "lie". Sheesh!

Maybe he should take the $2,500 SAVINGS EVERY American was PROMISED by obama to get when O Care was passed. I'm STILL waiting for mine.
I'd bet you NEVER complained when dems lie during campaigns. Sounds like a hypocrite to me!

Old Today, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
So people walking through the desert are more detrimental that a huge wall that completely blocks and divides wildlife?
Ah, the ignorant staements again.
because of where you get your "news', you have NEVER seen the trash left , including the tens of thoudand of the evil plastic bottles the left got every body to use, by these THOUSANDS of criminals.

Old Today, 05:05 AM

31,004 posts, read 15,919,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ah, the ignorant staements again.
because of where you get your "news', you have NEVER seen the trash left , including the tens of thoudand of the evil plastic bottles the left got every body to use, by these THOUSANDS of criminals.
Throwing garbage everywhere is considered recycling by illegals; therefore, it's ok. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or