U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

11,691 posts, read 6,095,963 times

Advertisements

When did we start teaching that the way to fight discrimination, is to apply further discrimination?

Its just lame and sad to see people trying so hard to come off so ignorant looking.

Ms. Monopoly - The new game gives female players some financial advantages over male players
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

27,812 posts, read 19,480,587 times
Default Hasbro's SJW 'Monopoly' game -female players given a $400 head start and $40 more than men every time they pass 'Go'

yeesh. if i were a woman i would find this insulting.
Quote:
https://www.newser.com/story/280262/...n-get-200.html

Hasbro is out with a new version of Monopoly that has a twist: Girls and women have a built-in edge. For example, female players of Ms. Monopoly get $1,900 from the bank at the start of the game, while male players gets $1,500, reports USA Today. Similarly, female players collect $240 when they pass "go," while males get $200. The idea is to call attention to the gender pay gap that exists in the real world, per NBC News. To further the theme, players do not invest in real estate. Instead, they put their money into inventions by women, from bulletproof vests to solar heating to chocolate chip cookies.
--

One sentiment emerging in tweets is criticism of the company for suggesting that women need assistance to win. "So Ms. Monopoly is teaching girls that they need help?" writes one user. "That they can't be as good as men unless they have help? Really @Hasbro?"

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Mods, please merge

Ms. Monopoly - Is this the right way to fight supposed discrimination?

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
i'll go post on your thread

Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

19,276 posts, read 9,837,344 times
Quote:
When did we start teaching that the way to fight discrimination, is to apply further discrimination?

Its just lame and sad to see people trying so hard to come off so ignorant looking.

Ms. Monopoly - The new game gives female players some financial advantages over male players
Since the day we legalized Affirmative Action.

Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM

616 posts, read 486,943 times
Quote:

The sooner you open your mind and realize companies will profit off anything the sooner you will stop wasting your time.

On top of that board game sales have taken a back seat to families sitting on the couch with each other staring at their Ipads,phones, and next obsessed show they can binge.

Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
The sooner you open your mind and realize companies will profit off anything the sooner you will stop wasting your time.

On top of that board game sales have taken a back seat to families sitting on the couch with each other staring at their Ipads,phones, and next obsessed show they can binge.
I don't think its ever a waste of time to discuss ideas on how to be better.

I'm hopeful and pretty sure that you don't really mean that you think I'm closed minded though.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I don't think its ever a waste of time to discuss ideas on how to be better.

I'm hopeful and pretty sure that you don't really mean that you think I'm closed minded though.
i agree. what's this board for if not to discuss things?

it turns out that this is only one in a series of new monopoly versions i wasn't aware of.

'Monopoly for Millennials' reminds players that 'adulting is hard'
Quote:
The cover features "Monopoly" icon Rich Uncle Pennybags with a cup of coffee, earbuds and a medal labeled "participation." The tagline on the cover reads: "Forget real estate. You can't afford it anyway."

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

27,249 posts, read 11,450,737 times
Let me guess, every other roll the player has to complain about something that isn't important or makes a statement that completely misses the point.

The winner of the game is the one who leaves first.

Old Today, 12:04 AM

23,147 posts, read 17,121,416 times
Quote:

Gives female players advantages over male players? Why? What happened to "we're all equal"?

The biggest thing that bothers me about all of this "muh diversity" is that none of these idiots can ever come up with their own damn ideas. They want to remake the movie, rewrite the book, recreate the game - seriously, come up with your own fricken stuff and use your "muh diversity" that way. To just copy something that was already created makes these people look pathetic and jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeesh. if i were a woman i would find this insulting.

I am female, and it IS insulting. If you win, do you know what you're going to hear? "You only won because you got an advantage at the beginning". Who the hell wants to subject themselves to that?

Do these morons have any clue what it feels like to really win? You all start on the same even playing field, and you use your brain, you have a little bit of luck, and then when you wipe the floor with them, you get to strut around and gloat. How are you going to do that if you get an advantage before even starting?

What that says is, "We don't think you're capable of winning on your own, so here's an extra bit of money to get you started." Toss off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or