U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
 
9,718 posts, read 6,044,073 times
Reputation: 6598

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Now that's some demented projection, wow.

Those "demented projection" is called facts (Something that you have not provided so far in this thread).

You may want to get familiar with it. Just a thought.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,963 posts, read 14,198,554 times
Reputation: 13745
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
China does not have communism. They have a communist party but they NEVER practice communism.


What the CCP is today is best described as conservative fascist capitalism. They overlap quite a bit with our Republican party.


.

They sure have practiced communism. Why do you think all those people were starving to death during the famines? Things are much better today, but they still have issues with their agricultural sector. I believe they've had to destroy half their domestic pig population this year due to swine flu.

The Chinese are not going to be pleased when they can no longer eat their favorite meat. The price has risen substantially from what I understand. With the global economy and global trade slowing down, the pressure is only going to mount. There are an awful lot of mouths to feed over there, and chit gets real when bellies are empty and the hunger pangs hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
1,588 posts, read 376,964 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Those "demented projection" is called facts (Something that you have not provided so far in this thread).

You may want to get familiar with it. Just a thought.

.
So, English isn't your first language. Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
 
9,718 posts, read 6,044,073 times
Reputation: 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
They sure have practiced communism. Why do you think all those people were starving during the famines?

They did not practice communism. Those people starved because of failed policies including the cultural revolution - in a nutshell they wasted resources, did not maximize production, and moved people from the cities back to rural areas because of their mistrust of urban educated elites - similar to how the Right today mistrust educated city people from the coasts.

Famines is not exclusive to communism. All political systems are capable of producing famine if run poorly.


China did try socialism. But socialism is not communism. That's why we have different names for them.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
 
9,718 posts, read 6,044,073 times
Reputation: 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
So, English isn't your first language. Got it.

Why would you say that? That is such an odd thing to say.

Is English your first language? I was just thinking that "demented projection" doesn't sound like something a native speaker would say.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,963 posts, read 14,198,554 times
Reputation: 13745
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They did not practice communism. Those people starved because of failed policies including the cultural revolution - in a nutshell they wasted resources and moved people from the cities back to rural areas because of their mistrust of urban educated elites - similar to how the Right today mistrust educated city people from the coasts.

Famines is not exclusive to communism. All political systems are capable of producing famine if run poorly.


China did try socialism. But socialism is not communism. That's why we have different names for them.

.

It sounds like you have it backward. The people were moved off the farms and rural communities, and into the cities and steel mills so China could begin to industrialize. At the same time, the state initiated many top down sweeping changes, regulations, and so forth, especially in the agricultural sector, and it proved to be too much for the nation to bare.

The "great leap forward" did not happen all on it's own. Mao and the communist government directly created the problem, and the people suffered the consequences. There are far more humane and ethical ways to bring about progress besides forcing it down the peoples throats at gun point. And when people have no guns, they have no way to defend themselves against tyrants like Mao Zedong.

You should also read about the great Russian famines, also a result of communism and tyrannical government. Being so close to Russia, Mao should have learned from the lessons endured by the Russian people, who were sometimes forced to eat the dead bodies of friends and relatives if they wanted to survive. Communism has consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
 
9,718 posts, read 6,044,073 times
Reputation: 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It sounds like you have it backward. The people were moved off the farms and into the steel mills so China could begin to industrialize. At the same time, the state initiated many top down sweeping and drastic changes, regulations, and so forth, and it proved to be too much for the nation to bare.

The "great leap forward" did not happen all on it's own. Mao and the communist government directly created the problem, and the people suffered the consequences. There are far more humane and ethical ways to bring about change besides forcing it down the peoples throats at gun point. And when people have no guns, they have no way to defend themselves against tyrants like Mao Zedong.

Where do you think those steel mills were located? In the dense urban cities???

And they are not really steel mills, but rather backyard furnaces. They are located in the rural areas where they have backyards and/or community area.

Yes, Mao's policies were spectacular failures.

It's called the Down the Countryside Movement. 17 million city youths were moved to the farmland because Mao didn't want the youngsters to get brainwashed by teachers and professors; and because farmers are the backbone of the country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_t...yside_Movement
.

Last edited by beb0p; Yesterday at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
1,588 posts, read 376,964 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why would you say that? That is such an odd thing to say.

Is English your first language? I was just thinking that "demented projection" doesn't sound like something a native speaker would say.

.
Native speaker...

Whatever, the CCP are communist hogs, like it or not. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
12,963 posts, read 14,198,554 times
Reputation: 13745
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Where do you think those steel mills were located? In the dense urban cities???

And they are not really steel mills, but rather backyard furnaces. They are located in the rural areas where they have backyards and/or community area.

Yes, Mao's policies were spectacular failures.

It's called the Down the Countryside Movement. 17 million city youths were moved to the farmland because Mao didn't want the youngsters to get brainwashed by teachers and professors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_t...yside_Movement
.

That in of itself did not cause the famine. The state's top down policies of managing the economy were the root cause, along with the droughts that occurred at the same time. The state was also exporting a great deal of it's grains, and allowed reserves to get drastically low. They actually thought they had nearly 4X as much grain in reserve than they actually did.

During that period of time, production of grain in China was falling and they were shifting production to crops like cotton. So basically, the state thought it was a good idea to shift the economy away from food production for domestic market, to production of things that are not food. At the same time, they were continuously exporting more grain to other nations to grow their export market. And of course, the people starved as a result of all this going on simultaneously, and it was all totally out of their control. A good lesson on why you don't want the government running everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
1,588 posts, read 376,964 times
Reputation: 1213
The Democrats "Green New Deal" is akin to the same INSANITY of the "Great Leap Forward"!

It's all about CONTROL!

Sick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top