U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,762 posts, read 16,073,047 times
Reputation: 9980

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie15 View Post
Though there is still some hope for Gen Z
Young people typically don't vote. Millennials like me are getting into the age they do vote. And many are more liberal and progressive. The problem I have is the Republican Party is overrun by conservatives like Trump and Kelli Ward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
 
11,624 posts, read 7,474,209 times
Reputation: 4765
They turned out in 2018 and gave democrats the house. Thank god they voted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
32,611 posts, read 20,533,338 times
Reputation: 47049
In what world is 65% turnout considered not voting?!
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
12,103 posts, read 15,707,005 times
Reputation: 12423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Young people typically don't vote. Millennials like me are getting into the age they do vote. And many are more liberal and progressive. The problem I have is the Republican Party is overrun by conservatives like Trump and Kelli Ward.
Oh me thinks not. After the spate of school shootings they are REALLY motivated to vote.

My son is 20 and my daughter 18- they vote. Their friends vote.

This generation is much, much more politically active than my Gen X peers were. By far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,653 posts, read 7,590,493 times
Reputation: 11135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh me thinks not. After the spate of school shootings they are REALLY motivated to vote.

My son is 20 and my daughter 18- they vote. Their friends vote.

This generation is much, much more politically active than my Gen X peers were. By far.
Gen X does vote, they just never threw temper tantrums in the streets like the millennials of today or like the boomers did in the 60s and 70s. It is the Gen X raised up on Reagan and the now conservative boomer generation standing in the way of the millennial dreams of socialism and free stuff. You kids better just give it up and go get a job and earn it like an American should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:30 AM
 
Location: USA
20,213 posts, read 14,963,309 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Gen X does vote, they just never threw temper tantrums in the streets like the millennials of today or like the boomers did in the 60s and 70s. It is the Gen X raised up on Reagan and the now conservative boomer generation standing in the way of the millennial dreams of socialism and free stuff. You kids better just give it up and go get a job and earn it like an American should.
Gen X here too. The Radical Boomers took to the streets like Timothy Leary looking for a dropped hit of acid. Explains why crazy old Socialists like Bernie Sanders have such a strong Millenia following. Guess Crazy skips a generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,653 posts, read 7,590,493 times
Reputation: 11135
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Gen X here too. The Radical Boomers took to the streets like Timothy Leary looking for a dropped hit of acid. Explains why crazy old Socialists like Bernie Sanders have such a strong Millenia following. Guess Crazy skips a generation.
A lot of us Gen Xrs have always been critical of what the boomers did in their youths. The drugs, the protests and fits of hippie tantrums. Thankfully they grew up and became more useful and productive Americans. The millennials are in their 30s and still protesting and calling for socialism. Iím afraid this is who the millennials really are, growing up ainít helping them. The boomers seem to have been just looking for a party back then, the millennials are true blue socialists who are determined to change the country. They are more dangerous than the baby boomers ever could have been. I am thankful our generation never did any of this. We are too practical of a generation to fall for socialism. As a whole we believe in America as it is supposed to be, weíve spent our half century on this planet working our tails off and living our lives. Our generation was never interested in changing the world but we need to start working to stop what these kids are trying to do to our country. What they want ainít America that is for sure.

If we are to look to another generation as a model of American behavior we must look toward our grandparents generation. (At least for us Xrs) They suffered through the depression, sacrificed in ww2 and delivered our nation victory, they worked and lived good lives after the war and lived the American dream. They were model Americans who believed in and loved America. They were shocked by the protests of the 60s and 70s. If they were around today they would be shocked by todayís youth as well. In fact if they were around today they would fear for this nations survival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs)
5,572 posts, read 2,935,119 times
Reputation: 4156
This millennial will be voting to kick out the orange maniac in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,653 posts, read 7,590,493 times
Reputation: 11135
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This millennial will be voting to kick out the orange maniac in 2020.
And just who is going to pay for all the socialism your candidate will demand? Why should I pay for your kid to go to college or your healthcare? What right does anyone have to UBI? Who will pay for all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs)
5,572 posts, read 2,935,119 times
Reputation: 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
And just who is going to pay for all the socialism your candidate will demand? Why should I pay for your kid to go to college or your healthcare? What right does anyone have to UBI? Who will pay for all this?
Just because a candidate proposes something does not mean Congress will enact it.

But what it will mean is that we can get back to sane government with an adult debate about how to implement policy.

To do that we have to remove the immature child currently throwing out irrelevant distractions and tantrums on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top