U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM
 
14,395 posts, read 15,273,204 times
Reputation: 8439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Do you people actually think about what you write?
If you cut back on the fatty meats and learned how to flavor vegetables you might actually get more out of Social Security than you put in.
As a right to choose or by gov't edict?

Which one do you pick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
 
13,673 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Reputation: 4061
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
She's a "D". She'll get the Black vote.
Plus she is black or identifies as so. She assured some famous black rapper and influencer that she is a "real sister" over his concerns she is married to a white man and didn't go easy enough on black criminals as a prosecutor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
14,516 posts, read 11,818,229 times
Reputation: 13521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

Hmmm. Well, as an unrepentant carnivore I invite Harris and whomever agrees with her to just try and force me to eat like a burrowing rodent. The latter is something I prey upon and consume, not that I emulate. Fry da Wabbit!!


One cannot keep their blood red without meat. As in bloody dripping rare Top Sirloin. Blood and butter on my baked potato please. Bocon in my side of green beans. (and maybe topping my steak mixed with mushrooms)


I have no issue with anyone who chooses (operative word) to eat like a prey animal. If someone can subsist on a diet of grass more power to them. I like salad too, I just like it much better topped with bacon bits as a preliminary to a juicy steak. One of which I have in my fridge awaiting a date with my plate.


And NOBODY is going to force me to be a grazer/browser. I have feet not hooves. I find myself getting cranky and ornery without meat. A both physical and mental response to a lack of it. If it were denied me the abiity to purchase it at the store I would hunt and kill it myself. Kamala Harris can indeed take a flying leap into a pit of ravenous wolves. Thus she would find her place on the food chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Lakeside, CA
240 posts, read 25,485 times
Reputation: 204
Great. So if she ever gets elected, I need to not only stock up on guns and bullets, but now I gotta kill a cow and freeze it too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,951 posts, read 11,822,599 times
Reputation: 9325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmmm. Well, as an unrepentant carnivore I invite Harris and whomever agrees with her to just try and force me to eat like a burrowing rodent. The latter is something I prey upon and consume, not that I emulate. Fry da Wabbit!!


One cannot keep their blood red without meat. As in bloody dripping rare Top Sirloin. Blood and butter on my baked potato please. Bocon in my side of green beans. (and maybe topping my steak mixed with mushrooms)


I have no issue with anyone who chooses (operative word) to eat like a prey animal. If someone can subsist on a diet of grass more power to them. I like salad too, I just like it much better topped with bacon bits as a preliminary to a juicy steak. One of which I have in my fridge awaiting a date with my plate.


And NOBODY is going to force me to be a grazer/browser. I have feet not hooves. I find myself getting cranky and ornery without meat. A both physical and mental response to a lack of it. If it were denied me the abiity to purchase it at the store I would hunt and kill it myself. Kamala Harris can indeed take a flying leap into a pit of ravenous wolves. Thus she would find her place on the food chain.
I canít add anything to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
 
Location: NJ
17,192 posts, read 12,003,952 times
Reputation: 11079
Harris is irrelevant to a run as a socialist dem prez candidate.


She maintains no position, no core beliefs, nothing to offer, just reflects back what polls suggest people want to hear. Harris has been on all sides of all issues. She has turned herself into an hologram.


Though the meat issue is reminiscent of merry old England, where it was a crime to hunt and shoot the kings deer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
 
7,783 posts, read 4,450,435 times
Reputation: 10116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Great. So if she ever gets elected, I need to not only stock up on guns and bullets, but now I gotta kill a cow and freeze it too?
This thread is a great example of how fake news spreads.

The very video linked in the op refutes the thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
 
207 posts, read 68,940 times
Reputation: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Have you thought that about every administration since food guidelines were first published?
Were they a minority, and a woman? Than probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
 
6,751 posts, read 2,053,189 times
Reputation: 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post
And does it bother you that the sugar lobby forced changes to the guidelines to boost their profits?

At least limiting meat would have both health benefits and environmental benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
 
30,473 posts, read 16,760,994 times
Reputation: 14122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
And does it bother you that the sugar lobby forced changes to the guidelines to boost their profits?

At least limiting meat would have both health benefits and environmental benefits.
Its what happens when you abdicate the running of the food supply chain to politicians and their functionaries.
Dont forget to vote, maybe one day you'll get that good wise king you've been longing for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top