U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:45 AM

37,490 posts, read 46,248,218 times

Advertisements

My DILs family is in Puerto Rico. They are affluent, but non political, despite the fact her grandfather has been royally screwed over by the government. They are landowners and lawyers, so they could perhaps do good for their communities. Too bad.

I asked her what they thought about the ousting of the Governor and the fact that the next person in line didn’t even want the job. They are cautiously optimistic that things will change, but are not invested because they have been let down so many times. Although they weren’t personally involved in the recent protest, everyone seems to be glad it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:28 PM

5,652 posts, read 4,022,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You think Obama personally hires regional Fema personnel? thats what we are saying?, or is because the lady is black and so its Obama.
I am just trying to figure out the motivation here, this sort of buck stops here mentality seems to be applied very selectively. The amount of people that Trump has personally endorsed to later claimed he doesnt know, or played a small part on his administration is quite large.
I don't care that much for Trump. But when he claimed that Puerto Rico showed signs of corruption and mishandling of the disaster, he was PILLORIED by the left. Turns out that it was true. Turns out that the leftist governor of Puerto Rico WAS a clown (he's now been forced out by the people of PR themselves). Turns out that the Swamp (that the left LOVES and wants to try to provide cover for) was centrally involved in the Puerto Rico disaster and its aftermath.

Apologies?? Any one?/ Hello????? Bueller?? Any one????...........

Old Today, 12:36 PM

52,709 posts, read 42,333,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Now I have no idea when this guy was hired. Lets say it was under Obama. Do you think Obama interviewed him? Is that how you think things work? Comical.

Simple fact. This was americans acting badly. Had nothing to do with Puerto Rico. Have some integrity and admit it.
No, it points out the systemic corruption in Puerto Rico that lead to decades and decades of infrastructure neglect. Then a big hurricane rolled in and *bang* it suddenly became all Trumps fault.

Just like New Orleans and Katrina....tons of corruption then Hurricane hit and *bang* not only was it Bushs fault that the levees broke, there were people claiming he had them blown up.

I'm no fan of Trump but the use of natural disasters to pin the endemic local problems on the president along with charges of racism for no other reason than they're Republican is frankly vile.

Those same storms would have effed up PR and New Orleans just as badly if Obama had been sitting in the Oval Office and of course the rightwingers would have blamed him but we wouldn't have the divisive racism and really stupid mass murder claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies