U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

67,481 posts, read 34,411,351 times

Advertisements

All in an effort to Unionize them and Put those Union dues right back into the very politicians pockets that pass this. UBER & LYFT are going to die fast in California.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1715578001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

30,970 posts, read 15,909,882 times
Great news.

Liberal companies can experience liberal policies.

I love when that happens.

Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM

5,401 posts, read 1,070,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Great news.

Liberal companies can experience liberal policies.

I love when that happens.
What liberal policy does Uber or Lyft have?

Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

4,429 posts, read 1,928,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
He didn’t say “have”. He said “experience”. Details matter.

Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Status: "Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, pathetic, ugly, and real!" (set 17 days ago)

1,618 posts, read 319,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All in an effort to Unionize them and Put those Union dues right back into the very politicians pockets that pass this. UBER & LYFT are going to die fast in California.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1715578001/

GOOD!!!

They are liberal companies pretending to be progressives while actually being full-blown vulture capitalists. That CEO of UBER owes every bit of his $6B to his lack of conscience.

Their profit model will be completely screwed up. Why do you think they were trying to get drivers out of said model before anyone could figure it out? Those drivers rarely make minimum wage. HUH, the progressive lie at work again.

I hope they tank as investors run for the doors.

Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Once those drivers become employees, those companies get to start paying for all sorts of things.

How much paid maternity leave do you believe should be legally mandated?

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

6,776 posts, read 2,505,557 times
That is really good!! How could the drivers not be thought of as employees? Now, they will be entitled to things they deserve like health insurance, 401K matching, maternity leave, etc. like a regular employee working for a company. I remember when one or both of the companies went public and they were celebrating and so happy they were all going to get rich, but the drivers were left on the outside and would get nothing from it. The drivers are the ones that have to do the hard job of ferrying passengers safely and sometimes dealing with dangerous traffic situations. They don't get paid a lot to compensate them for the risks they sometimes encounter.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

33,184 posts, read 16,966,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Their profit model will be completely screwed up.
They don't have a profit model. They don't, in fact, have profits. Uber had an operating loss of $5.2 billion (that's with a "b") in Q2 - that is, 3 months.

The way I see it, when I use a ride service, I get a ride, the driver is paid, the company employees are paid, and some venture capitalist somewhere takes it in the shorts. The 0.1%ers are directly and voluntarily subsidizing my drunk rearside getting home from the pub. Fine by me, for as long as it lasts.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
They don't have a profit model. They don't, in fact, have profits. Uber had an operating loss of $5.2 billion (that's with a "b") in Q2 - that is, 3 months.

The way I see it, when I use a ride service, I get a ride, the driver is paid, the company employees are paid, and some venture capitalist somewhere takes it in the shorts. The 0.1%ers are directly and voluntarily subsidizing my drunk rearside getting home from the pub. Fine by me, for as long as it lasts.
The VC's model semed to be an overinflated value with a million day traders thinking they can quit their full-time gig once they cash out and bro down. In that scenario, the VC still gets theirs.

My startup is actually designed to be profitable. Hopefully, it will be some day; otherwise, I might becone a liberal and require others to support me.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,329,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
That is really good!! How could the drivers not be thought of as employees? Now, they will be entitled to things they deserve like health insurance, 401K matching, maternity leave, etc. like a regular employee working for a company.
Except that the company can easily manipulate the number of rides that a particular driver gets, to make sure that he or she always falls below whatever threshold there is for receiving benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or