U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:15 PM

6,018 posts, read 1,631,326 times

Advertisements

The Democrats have now taken up climate change as they had taken up abortion and made both a prerequisite of being a Democrat. Poor things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:17 PM

4,046 posts, read 813,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
No....she is a whacko....I hope she is their candidate....
Me too. I think her attempt to use affirmative action to bolster her career is so hypocritical and dishonest that that alone would prevent her win. Trump would wipe the floor with her.

Old Today, 08:20 PM

12,956 posts, read 14,193,728 times
No chance of her winning, so nothing to worry about. I'm hoping the dems nominate her. It would be a stunning spectacle in absurdity listening to her debate Trump about anything. One had real world business experience, and has demonstrated great ability to get things done in DC, against all odds. The other has lived in a bubble all her life and has no practical, real world solutions for America. Her whole life has been devoted to academia, theory and trying to grow the size of the already gargantuan government.

Old Today, 08:21 PM

1,518 posts, read 320,002 times
Meh. Not the best wording perhaps, but also not incorrect. Our technology emits carbon-based gas into the environment without us paying the cost of cleaning it up. It's just another expense that we're passing along to future generations.

Old Today, 08:23 PM

9,502 posts, read 4,331,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The Democrats have now taken up climate change as they had taken up abortion and made both a prerequisite of being a Democrat. Poor things.
Kind of like wanting a fundamentalist Christian theocracy is a prerequisite of being a Republican these days. That really is what climate denialism is about. Republicans believe that God controls the weather and it's something humans cannot influence. They also believe we are living in the End Times and Jesus will be returning soon and that in the latter days there would be strange weather patterns. To top it all off, efforts to actually solve the climate problem are viewed as an affront to God.

I'm ready to get back to leadership in this country that actually accepts science instead of trying to force this End Times stuff on the entire country and the world (climate change is a global problem, not just the US).

Old Today, 08:23 PM

7,792 posts, read 2,773,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I taped her climate town hall and finally got around to watching it....first question.....and her answer was....................

"But, yes we need to say that those who are throwing carbon into the air, that the rest of us have to breathe, are the ones who are responsible for cleaning it up"

bold face is mine.....

Really, this Senator is running for President and she thinks industries are throwing CARBON into the air that she has to breathe!!!

NOBODY even questioned her comment!!!

Has she EVER taken even ONE class in biology in high school?? Does she remember the lecture on the human respiratory system??

Another "scientifically illiterate" lawyer running for President. Lost me right at the first question.

How can you be that clueless and be elected to the United States Senate?
You think Trump knows anything about science? Be honest.

Old Today, 08:30 PM
509 509 started this thread

3,123 posts, read 4,164,878 times
I don't know.....but if your talking climate change you should know the difference between carbon and carbon dioxide. I would hope Trump would know the difference.

Particularly, if your presenting a PLAN on solving issues. You should know the difference.

Old Today, 08:33 PM

7,792 posts, read 2,773,257 times
Quote:
I don't know.....but if your talking climate change you should know the difference between carbon and carbon dioxide. I would hope Trump would know the difference.

Particularly, if your presenting a PLAN on solving issues. You should know the difference.
Of course you know. Trump knows precious little about science. Its obvious.

Old Today, 08:38 PM

20,887 posts, read 8,993,646 times
[quote=509;56147546]I taped her climate town hall and finally got around to watching it....first question.....and her answer was....................

"But, yes we need to say that those who are throwing carbon into the air, that the rest of us have to breathe, are the ones who are responsible for cleaning it up"

bold face is mine.....

Really, this Senator is running for President and she thinks industries are throwing CARBON into the air that she has to breathe!!!

Has she EVER taken even ONE class in biology in high school?? Does she remember the lecture on the human respiratory system??

Another "scientifically illiterate" lawyer running for President. Lost me right at the first question.

How can you be that clueless and be elected to the United States Senate?[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh. You elected a president who is clueless about everything.

Old Today, 08:41 PM

6,776 posts, read 2,246,292 times
[quote=natalie469;56147916]
Quote:
I taped her climate town hall and finally got around to watching it....first question.....and her answer was....................

bold face is mine.....

How can you be that clueless and be elected to the United States Senate?[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh. You elected a president who is clueless about everything.
That's really the point. How well the average citizen understands climate change really isn't that important. Our leaders better understand it because they need to make the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or