U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:45 AM

17,188 posts, read 12,000,874 times

Advertisements

Brooklyn born Bernie, BBB, doesn't have to believe anything he says, he just has to convince enough people his delusional fantasies represent reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:50 AM

13,166 posts, read 4,796,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
I do know here in the US, govt meddling has made health care grossly more expensive than it need be. Yes that is fact.
Perhaps starting by not voting for corrupt crooks would be a good idea.

What do you think about that?

Look at the people in this thread that oppose Bernie. Pretty much everyone voted for some corrupt crook who 's bought and paid for by the industry. How can these people complain about the cost of health care?

Old Today, 10:04 AM

10,409 posts, read 12,138,349 times
Medicare is far from "free". It costs $135 month which is pretty good (I qualify not because of age but because of the kidney disease). Not sure how Bernie will pay for it but as it stands, you have to have paid into Medicare to receive it. (correct me on that one) Now perhaps young kids who get the disease I have, will have a different way the government calculates it. But either way, it would not be "free" as I understand it.

Old Today, 10:07 AM

131 posts, read 85,817 times
It saddens me that people buy this pandering propaganda. It's borderline insulting.

Someone always pays.

Old Today, 11:35 AM

22,422 posts, read 22,015,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Perhaps starting by not voting for corrupt crooks would be a good idea.

What do you think about that?

Look at the people in this thread that oppose Bernie. Pretty much everyone voted for some corrupt crook who 's bought and paid for by the industry. How can these people complain about the cost of health care?
Aren't almost all of them corrupt crooks? Should we just stop voting?
I'm pretty sure health care cost got out of hand way before 2016.

Old Today, 12:08 PM

1,218 posts, read 230,870 times
30-45.000 Americans dies each year because they dont seek a doctor when they need it or to late!

Rightwingers... We can't do anything about that!

600 million in 30+ other 1st world countries are getting all their needs covered for half the price.

Rigtwingers.. We are USA, we can't do anything like that. We have colored people who will just use up everything.

A lot of other countries have colored people and an equal or larger percentage of "colored" people..

Rightwingers.. Oh yeah? But ours are just lazy. They would just use up everything and leave nothing for us.

Well... anyhow all other 1st world nations dont have these problems with healthcare.. we spend a lot less and get better and cheaper care.

Righwingers... We will NEVER manage to do that. Our government is just completely useless. You Europeans and others have MUCH better governments. WE ARE USELESS.

Allright...

Old Today, 12:14 PM

9,888 posts, read 7,465,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But the average person paying insurance premiums does not pay 32K for childbirth. Its more like $3,400 according to surveys so why not use that figure if your talking about what the recipient pays.
not as dramatic a figure.

and as someone else pointed out, heck if I know where the 32K comes from. There's been a few recent tweets (shared by the likes of the Squad) of delivery bills from 8K to as high as 15K.

If the average deductible is $1K, and the average co-pay 20% (bot subject to debate or additional info of course), then a $15K birth costs the beneficiary $3,800.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

8,495 posts, read 2,482,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Bernie pays $0 for his healthcare... Citizens have always paid his tab.

Hw uses the $0 figure because FREE FREE FREE is what he is trying to sell. It sells well to the Echo Chamber.
That’s why the Left uses these ploys.
Not a Sanders fan, but Senators are eligible for the same healthcare insurance as all other federal employees. It's not free. It's called the FEHB Federal Employees Health Benefit...

Old Today, 12:28 PM

13,166 posts, read 4,796,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Aren't almost all of them corrupt crooks? Should we just stop voting?
I'm pretty sure health care cost got out of hand way before 2016.
Bernie Sanders is not a corrupt crook. Look how fiercely the one who is not corrupt is opposed.

These two measures would have an enormous impact on our democracy and corruption:

1. Getting big money out of politics
2. Massively strengthen labor unions so ordinary people have a say in the economy

Old Today, 01:42 PM

67,252 posts, read 30,864,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Stop voting for corrupt crooks then who are bought and paid for by the industry. But I am sure you wont do that. Instead you'll be up in arms if someone who is not corrupt tried to change things around.
Will Bernie eliminate the government regulations/controls over the health care industry? If not, he's just as bad as the rest. Bought and paid for by the industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or