Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:35 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Bernie pays $0 for his healthcare... Citizens have always paid his tab.

Hw uses the $0 figure because FREE FREE FREE is what he is trying to sell. It sells well to the Echo Chamber.
That’s why the Left uses these ploys.
Except we already pay more in health care taxes than the rest of the developed world pay in health care taxes for their national health care systems. Thats how inefficient and corrupt our system is.

Its mind boggling why you attack someone who wants to put an end to this and has the anti-corruption credibility to back it up, unlike the puppets of big pharma and insurance like Trump, Biden, Harris, McConnell, McCarthy, Schumer etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 AM

88,990 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Except we already pay more in health care taxes than the rest of the developed world pay in health care taxes for their national health care systems. Thats how inefficient and corrupt our system is.

Its mind boggling why you attack someone who wants to put an end to this and has the anti-corruption credibility to back it up, unlike the puppets of big pharma and insurance like Trump, Biden, Harris, McConnell, McCarthy, Schumer etc.
Again... Cut/eliminate the onerous Fed Gov regulations/controls on the health care industry. US health care cost problem solved.

I can buy my contact lenses OTC in the UK, etc., but have to pay for an optometrist office visit, get a prescription, and pay inflated costs for them in the US because contact lenses are a government-controlled medical device.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:20 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,213,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No, the hospital doesn't "pay". Unlike the government, they can't just print money. Other customers pay. Medicaid doesn't pay reimbursement rates high enough to cover costs, and the deadbeats that show up for treatment that don't pay both are driving higher costs for those that DO pay their way. This includes both those with private insurance, and those without that actually are responsible adults. Eliminate this burden on our health care system and calculate actual health care costs when we don't have to carry the deadbeats.
I was short-handing perhaps too much. I didn't mean the hospital pays in the sense that it has to pay someone else "full ticket price", but the hosptial pays the health care providers, buys the medication, finances the necessary equipment, etc. So if the hospital does not receive payment for services rendered, it is the one bearing the cost, including payments it has to make to individual provider employees. The point simply being, healthcare is never free. It can be lower cost or higher cost, paid for through taxes or some other way, but it is never free.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Do doctors just work for free under this medicare system? I don't see how else the cost could be zero.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...29815473197057
Cost to the individual out of pocket. Do people really not understand context?

Old 09-11-2019, 09:00 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again... Cut/eliminate the onerous Fed Gov regulations/controls on the health care industry. US health care cost problem solved.

I can buy my contact lenses OTC in the UK, etc., but have to pay for an optometrist office visit, get a prescription, and pay inflated costs for them in the US because contact lenses are a government-controlled medical device.
Stop voting for corrupt crooks then who are bought and paid for by the industry. But I am sure you wont do that. Instead you'll be up in arms if someone who is not corrupt tried to change things around.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:11 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
You dont recognize that health care is far cheaper in the rest of the developed world?

Really?

We have the most privatized system in the world, and the most expensive.

Facts are facts.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
I do know here in the US, govt meddling has made health care grossly more expensive than it need be. Yes that is fact.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,230,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Cost to the individual out of pocket. Do people really not understand context?
No, the context I'm reading is Bernie is cherry pickin' costs.

The "average" person has got medical insurance - he's cherry picking the 'real' cost that a hospital charges, not what is out of pocket for the "average" person.

Then, he cherry picks the cost for Medicare as zero by not including what the "average" person pays out of pocket for the annual insurance premium.

But, then again, he could be pandering to those who don't make any money or pay any taxes and that "zero" cost to those folks is being paid for by me and the rest of us that DO pay taxes.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:21 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
Yet, you're unable to provide any examples of a fully privatized health care system that has low costs and everyone is covered.
It doesnt exist.
The cheapest health care prices are in countries with national health care systems. Thats just a fact.
I don't want cheap healthcare.....I want good healthcare

Old 09-11-2019, 09:32 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,621,810 times
His tweet refers to "at time of services rendered" and nothing else. Here's the cost breakdown under "mediwelfare for all" and using his average cost of the actual process = $32k.

Cost of childbirth, average = $32,000
Number of births US, approximate = 4,000,000
Total cost of childbirth, US, annual = $128,000,000,000
Number of US taxpayers, approximate = 140,000,000
-------
Cost of childbirth, per US taxpayer, annual = $914.

So at the time of the service rendered, the person having the child might actually pay nothing, but over the year, they and every other taxpayer paid $914.

Now, let us do a bit more math:

Cost of healthcare, US annual, approximate = $3.5 trillion
Number of US taxpayers, approximate = 140,000,000
-------
Cost of healthcare, per US taxpayer, annual = $25,000

So the couple having the baby could pay $32,000 the year they have the baby, or they could pay $50,000 every year, including the years where they don't have babies, just so that the day the baby comes, they feel like they paid $0.

Real cost versus imagined. Ah, politics.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:36 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I don't want cheap healthcare.....I want good healthcare
I want people to have choices and have them in a free and competitive market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies