U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM
 
Location: NC
7,362 posts, read 5,154,120 times
Reputation: 8081

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I expect more fake outrage from the fake news about this tweet and how it's proof that Trump is a dictator.

Just to make sure I understand, you call this fake rage because you think that Trump is above the Constitution (22nd Amendment, in this case)?

If not, why do you say "fake rage"? And do you support a POTUS (any POTUS, either party) tweeting stuff that is disrespectful of the constitution, whether joking or serious.

I am seriously asking, because I don't want to assume I know what you are thinking. Why do you think this would be "fake rage"? And why do you (seemingly) support any form of disrespecting the constitution?

If you really believe that he should have another term (I don't), shouldn't the correct path be to repeal the 22nd? Or does that only apply to everyone else?


I really would appreciate an honest answer. I know my response may sound snarky, but I don't mean it to be. I'm just really confused as to what your position is, per the questions I asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2019, 09:51 AM
 
Location: NC
7,362 posts, read 5,154,120 times
Reputation: 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Amazing how easily anti-trumper can get their feather all ruffled...kinda funny...ahhhh no, EXTREMELY funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

You think that the Constitution is something to joke about and a tool to troll people with?

That's a serious question, that's what your response suggests. Please elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 09:54 AM
 
10,746 posts, read 12,274,751 times
Reputation: 6848
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
..................he can't, he'll be in Jail.
No, you mean Hillary will be in jail by then, along with her predator husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,969 posts, read 10,453,337 times
Reputation: 7420
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I expect more fake outrage from the fake news about this tweet and how it's proof that Trump is a dictator.

Nah. The federal agents will drag him out by his boot heels if he tries any nonsense. There are three branches of this government, and two of them, at least in part, still support the Constitution.

I *do* have another question, though. Where's Pence...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
20,046 posts, read 18,150,991 times
Reputation: 17881
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
No, you mean Hillary will be in jail by then, along with her predator husband.
Yeah because Trump promised she would be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM
 
35,713 posts, read 19,180,085 times
Reputation: 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You think that the Constitution is something to joke about and a tool to troll people with?

That's a serious question, that's what your response suggests. Please elaborate.
Who is messing with the Constitution? Honest question?


If he went forward and tried to make a change then yes, I would be 100% against it...but that's not even close to what this is.....


This is no different than "I got a pen and phone" except Obama actually did skirt the Constitution....


You anti-trumpers need to take the wedgie out of your backside....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 10:07 AM
 
Location: San Diego CA
5,285 posts, read 3,577,436 times
Reputation: 8531
Hes just messing with folks to stir up more controversy. Nothing in his tweets is of any real consequence or import. People over react.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Virginia
4,190 posts, read 2,201,010 times
Reputation: 11675
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's neither, because its a joke....good lord anti-trumpers....live a little.....
I actually agree with this, but it would have been really funny if he had written the sign with a Sharpie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,969 posts, read 10,453,337 times
Reputation: 7420
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Hes just messing with folks to stir up more controversy. Nothing in his tweets is of any real consequence or import. People over react.
All an attempt at deflection and diversion. He's trying to make everyone forget that the House is about to vote on an official Impeachment Inquiry this week.

Opening the inquiry will mean that the House will receive whatever documents and testimony they ask for from any source, including the unredacted Mueller Report, financial information, and tax returns. Trump is as nervous as a ***** in church right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2019, 11:47 AM
 
17,533 posts, read 4,641,858 times
Reputation: 12040
Prediction. Trump will be in VERY bad health in 2024.

I'm using statistics and evidence (weight, diet, etc.) for that prediction.

Then again, Dick Cheney still survives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top