U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

5,796 posts, read 7,666,129 times

Advertisements

Over the past two years, I have sent Mr Trump three emails regarding the homeless in this country, and in Los Angeles in particular.
I advocated for removing them, and placing them in the internment camps used in WWII.
These camps would be staffed by professionals, with facilities for hospital care, mental evaluation, job counseling, as well as substance abuse.

Well just tonight I saw an item on the evening news (local news) that the president is planning on "rounding up" the homeless, and in his words, "putting them in government facilities".

That sounds like he must have read my emails, as this is exactly what I have been asking him to do in the email I have sent to him.
I have not seen a viable link to this news item, but I expect in the morning some media outlet will be carrying it.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM

5,142 posts, read 6,254,436 times
Washington Post has an article online. I'll try to post a link if I can.

Looks like it's aimed specifically at California, not nationwide. Yet, at least.

CN

Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

2,701 posts, read 1,429,755 times
Are you hoping he will give you credit for this idea? That's like sending your invention to a major company and hoping they will give you some of the proceeds when they make a billion on it. If in fact the pres does implement some or all of your suggestions, I expect you'll have to be happy just knowing it was your idea first.

Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Here's a Wall Street Journal link

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-ad...ia-11568157251

CN

Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

5,796 posts, read 7,666,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Are you hoping he will give you credit for this idea? That's like sending your invention to a major company and hoping they will give you some of the proceeds when they make a billion on it. If in fact the pres does implement some or all of your suggestions, I expect you'll have to be happy just knowing it was your idea first.
I certainly don't expect him to mention where he got the idea, even if he took it from the emails I sent him.
That is fine with me.

As for submitting an idea to a company, I have done that recently with targeting investment groups, and individuals as well.
I have an idea for a business that is unlike any other, and although the initial investment would be in the many millions, the business would stand to make billion over a short span of time.

Those I have contacted, including some members of shark tank, have not responded, and I believe the reason being, I want them to sign a non disclosure agreement before stating what the new business would be.

I don't want any par of the business, just want to sell the idea.
It would most definitely be a money maker in the long run, and would change one very important business most of us presently rely on.

Bob.

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM

From the comments I've read on the WaPo site under the article, it is just something else the libs are piling on Trump about, with their hair on fire.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or