U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

10,758 posts, read 6,450,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
The Anti-American,,,,I hate being an American Ö..I'm embarrassed to be an American ,,We do this to other people in other lands American,,, Someone did something to someone ,,,cockroaches are crawling out from their cesspools today.
That they are, so pathetic isn't it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

9,796 posts, read 6,466,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, as I said before, I think,......where was all this rememberance in the decades before when Americans were being killed.

On that day, 18 years ago, that is what really hurts that the rest of the country finally realized and before, since it was all overseas, they didn't care.

But on that day, they became part of the fight......but then again, when they did, so many went off in the wrong direction, only seeing one thing, only seeing one kind of people........and being so blind to anything else.

Mike tosses in the Red Bull Crap Flag!

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

9,796 posts, read 6,466,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I know. Principles don't care about lines on a map.

Remember the 9-11 victims along with all victims.

First time ever that mike tossed the Red Bull Crap Flag twice in one day!!

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

10,228 posts, read 5,649,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
............Awhile after the towers fell management came in and told us that it's likely we are going to war and that we needed to get back to work as our systems were about to be called on heavily.
Yes, that changed that day, too.

I use to greet my boss, others with "Who are we at war with?"......I stopped used that phrase on that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Mike tosses in the Red Bull Crap Flag!
It really is a bummer when one's intended victims don't know what you are talking about.

Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,099,390 times
At work. The nature of my job then depended upon air cargo and once there was a ground stop I left work, went to the bank and grabbed a thousand bucks. Then joined my wife at her job and watched in disbelief for the rest of the day.

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

22,849 posts, read 9,740,784 times
At the dentist in the parking lot. Saw Air Force One fly over minutes later. Bush was visiting school children.

Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

1,741 posts, read 622,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They woke up the sleeping giant when the terrorized the United States. They reaped what they sowed.
US had been terrorizing countries for decades and are still doing it today. Pres Eisenhower Warner is of the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. Is there anyone who can disagree with that?

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

51,999 posts, read 30,067,703 times
I was at home, close to 6 AM in Phoenix, mom knowing that I am an aviation enthusiast, called me and asked me if I was watching the news on TV, I told her no the TV was off, she mentioned that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I turned the TV on and they had a live shot of the north tower with heavy smoke billowing out of the impact zone, I watched for a couple of minutes and I went back into the kitchen to make coffee and I heard this loud commotion on TV, so I walked back into the living room and it was just after the second aircraft (United Flight 175) hit the south tower and I saw this fireball that engulfed a big part of middle section of the tower. I can also remember hearing one of the announcers saying ".. this was not an accident folks." and I certainly had the feeling that there was something sinister going on. I kept watching TV as I heard the report that "a plane has just crashed into the Pentagon." (American Airlines Flight 77), and later about the one that crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania (United Flight 93). I went to work a little late and I heard about the collapse of the WTC twin towers.

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

47,515 posts, read 37,525,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I was at my home computer listening to a comedy radio show. Was trying to unwind to get ready to sleep during the day before going to my 11pm-7am shift when the guy on the radio said to turn on the news because something was happening. Saw the first tower on fire and saw the people on the streets being interviewed saying the plane intentionally flew into the tower. While the camera was on the burning tower, it caught the second plane striking the second tower. Wish I hadnít turned on the radio to hear his announcement. I could have gone to bed that morning and gotten enough sleep. Instead I couldnít hardly sleep at all. Was downing cups of strong coffee all night at work just to stay awake. Though itís been 18 years, it still feels like yesterday.

I was living in my previous apartment on a bright Tuesday morning. Woke up at 7:30, and turned on a sports talk show. The next hour, one of the sportscasters had pointed out that a plane has hit the World Trade Center. After hearing several minutes of commentary by the radio guys, I had decided to turn on the TV and watch the events unfold. It was like a horror movie. We all wondered what was going to happen next by the time a third airplane crashed, and then the fourth. I sat there wondering, "Who's going to be next? And where? How many more hijacked airplanes would there be today?"

Sure wasn't easy going into work (at noon) on that day. But the experiences sure changed everything.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

9,329 posts, read 2,642,446 times
That day for me was surreal. I think it was for many of us. I think it's the closest my generation came to understanding how we as a nation felt on Dec 7, 1941. The difference is we got to watch it live.

What amazes me, is an elected rep saying Somebody did Something, to describe what happened on 9/11, and how many support her for it or try to deflect.

We know who the somebodies were. Obama spent 8 years trying to make it a bad thing to call an event muslim terrorism or to describe Muslim extremists as terrorists. He lied about Benghazi and what caused it in an effort to minimize Muslim extremist involvement. He went so far as to blame it on an unknown video on Youtube.

Now we have Omar saying "somebody did Something."

No, it wasn't somebody. It was Muslim terrorists who did it. The event was celebrated in many muslim countries, including Pakistan who has received billions in aid from the USA.

The lesson to learned here is that we have been overly generous with our alleged allies in the ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or