U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:38 AM

57,322 posts, read 55,562,724 times

Advertisements

One World Trade Center, 43rd Floor at 8:46 a.m.

Old Today, 08:40 AM

9,786 posts, read 6,466,879 times
I'm sitting here watching Fox with the Remembrance Ceremonies and discussions of 9/11. It's all flooding back.

I was in Philadelphia on business, watching The Today Show while getting dressed for a meeting and realized that once they grounded the flights, it would be days, if not weeks, before I got a flight home so I just got in the rental car and drove.

The antenna on the car was pulled off and I could only listen to radio when in major cities. I stopped at every service center on the way home just to find out what was happening. It took me an extra 5 hours to get home.

I'm no dummy, I knew it was bad; but I didn't know just how bad it was until I hit the first tunnel on the Turnpike and saw armed military guarding the tunnel. That's when I said Holy ****, we really are at war!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:42 AM

9,786 posts, read 6,466,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

No Congress woman Omar, It wasn't some people did something on 9/11. It was Muslim terrorists who killed thousands of innocent people on 9/11. It was muslim terrorists who chose civilian targets. It was muslims who celebrated the ultimate act of cowardice. It wasn't just somebody, it was muslim terrorists.

We Swore We Would Never Forget 9/11. But We Did. -- Reality Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOTl2NcP_A

Old Today, 08:43 AM

79 posts, read 13,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband was a volunteer paramedic/ EMT in Monmouth County. They too were on standby, ready to deploy to ground zero or any NJ port to respond to traumas. Like you, they were eventually notified their assist was not necessary.

Seemed most everyone in Northern and Central NJ knew someone who did not return home on 9/11.
If I'm not mistaken. Most of the victims that died or a great deal of thr victims were from NJ.

Old Today, 08:56 AM

1,301 posts, read 443,214 times
I was delivering a truck load of hay, to the farther of the pilot of flight 11,just after the plane hit the tower. He was distort beyond imagination . I dropped my load and went to a sports club in Dracut for the next two hours watching the news.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

9,314 posts, read 2,642,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
After 9/11, one of my closest friends woke up to bacon all over her family's cars. They were Iranian refugees who are Muslim in the way that most Americans are Christian. It was the first time I was ashamed to be American at the ripe old age of 14 at a time when Americans should have been banding together.

Yes, it was Muslim terrorists. A handful of people out of millions. They're no more representative of Islam in America than the Christians who attack synagogues or abortion clinics. Shame on you.
Did an elected rep make a statement that some people did something? Shame on me? I don't make excuses or deflect. Omar does that and so do you.

How do you even compare acts of petty vandalism to thousands killed? It was Omar who said some people did something. This was an attempt to minimize the facts.
Fact thousands were murdered.
Fact it was done by Muslims.
Fact they targeted innocent defenseless people. It wasn't accidental or an oops we missed.
Fact Muslims in many countries celebrated the attack.
Shame on you for attempting to compare vandalism to this massive terrorist attack. You were ashamed to be an American. Well boo hoo, If I were a muslim that day I would have been ashamed to be a muslim.

Last edited by boneyard1962; Today at 09:05 AM..

Old Today, 09:03 AM

6,724 posts, read 3,757,106 times
Between the time I locked my car and met another person in my station the second tower was hit. I went from thinking some horrible accident to we are at war. By the end of the day I came to the conclusion that my grandchildren would be sitting in a foxhole somewhere still targeting this particular enemy because few had the will to admit what we are really fighting

Old Today, 09:12 AM

9,314 posts, read 2,642,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Between the time I locked my car and met another person in my station the second tower was hit. I went from thinking some horrible accident to we are at war. By the end of the day I came to the conclusion that my grandchildren would be sitting in a foxhole somewhere still targeting this particular enemy because few had the will to admit what we are really fighting
I thought the same things. I knew that this was going to be a forever war. We just dont have the stomach to actually fight to destroy the enemy anymore.
Then years later word came out that Sandy Berger was caught stealing classified documents ahead of the 9/11 commission investigation. Now why would Berger need to do that? LOL

Old Today, 09:18 AM

1,301 posts, read 443,214 times
A small plane was in the air over Lowell and the Merrimack River in the early afternoon buzzing around despite the no fly order given . In response to this ,and not knowing what it was doing,the Otis Air National Guard sent a jet from off the New Jersey coast to Lowell Ma. traveling approximately 250 miles in less than 20 minutes breaking the sound barrier most of the way ,getting to the Merrimack Valley in time to force the plane down. We heard the loud boom of the jet as it passed over head and later learned what it was about.

Old Today, 09:51 AM

25,948 posts, read 10,012,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thank you for your service.

Same here; working.
Hey, I'm a patriot.

Wasn't our first mass murder. Won't be our last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or