U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:42 AM

14,512 posts, read 11,815,790 times

Advertisements

I was at work. On an Army ammunition facility in the middle of the NV desert. Outbound milvan Pad 1 in the North magazine area to be precise. A radio call went out from net control for everybody in the field to report to their staging area. And we were all sent home and the place went into security lockdown.

Troops were brought in an assumed control of facility security and when they were in place we were allowed to come back to work. It got quite crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:44 AM

47,209 posts, read 34,627,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Yes they did and Leftists want us to Forget. RIP to all who perished when “someone did something” and to all to died after attempting rescues. Curses to those who elect people, who excuse and try to erase the Horror of that attack on our Country and People.
I am unaware of any “ leftists” who want us to forget.

I am aware of many people who do not blame all Muslims. I am one of them.

Old Today, 10:50 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,471,462 times
"18th anniversary of 9/11, where were you"

Watching raw video and audio like thousands of others. Out of respect to the victims, most of what we see now has been tidied up a bit. I remember the people I saw at the windows and I remember the jumpers. I will never forget.

Old Today, 10:56 AM

1,370 posts, read 3,514,470 times
I was in a mid-rise office building (working) just 2 miles outside of DC.

Old Today, 10:58 AM

5,497 posts, read 3,446,091 times
I was at work, Department of Agriculture, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg. Saw the report come across USAToday.com right after the 1st plane hit and immediately thought of a small Cessna or something.

We had a small TV in the basement of our building which most of the workers huddled around and watched everything unfold. They let us out of work early that day, around 1:30PM, it was eerie seeing no planes/contrails in the sky as I left work, south central PA is a big flyover area.

The next day, September 12th, we had a security guard as we entered the building, never had that before 9/11.

Old Today, 10:58 AM

10,087 posts, read 2,825,105 times
Thinking about how these events happen all the time in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Iran, and Afghanistan but all that matters was the one time it happened here.

Old Today, 11:00 AM

10,224 posts, read 5,649,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Please, by all means expand upon your point.
Are you insinuating that it wasn't muslims, that they didn't target innocent civilians or that thousands weren't killed, or that it wasn't a cowardly act?

My point is that Omar intentionally said some people did something on 9/11 in an attempt to deflect from the fact that we all know who did it., Muslim terrorists. If I misunderstood your point I apologize.

Just saying that is not only Muslim terrorists that target innocent civilians. As far as whether or not it was a cowardly act, I will leave that one on the table.

Old Today, 11:02 AM

1,738 posts, read 622,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I was at my home computer listening to a comedy radio show. Was trying to unwind to get ready to sleep during the day before going to my 11pm-7am shift when the guy on the radio said to turn on the news because something was happening. Saw the first tower on fire and saw the people on the streets being interviewed saying the plane intentionally flew into the tower. While the camera was on the burning tower, it caught the second plane striking the second tower. Wish I hadn’t turned on the radio to hear his announcement. I could have gone to bed that morning and gotten enough sleep. Instead I couldn’t hardly sleep at all. Was downing cups of strong coffee all night at work just to stay awake. Though it’s been 18 years, it still feels like yesterday.
I was living in Mission Viejo, Calif and asleep when my Brooklyn-born housemate swung open my door without knocking and shouted to “Turn on the Tv, something terrrrible is happening!!”. I was glued to my TV set for the next few days. Everywhere around, there were pickup trucks flying big American flags in the back. EVERYONE in this country was an American for those few days.

Old Today, 11:21 AM

5,854 posts, read 1,479,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
After 9/11, one of my closest friends woke up to bacon all over her family's cars. They were Iranian refugees who are Muslim in the way that most Americans are Christian. It was the first time I was ashamed to be American at the ripe old age of 14 at a time when Americans should have been banding together.

Yes, it was Muslim terrorists. A handful of people out of millions. They're no more representative of Islam in America than the Christians who attack synagogues or abortion clinics. Shame on you.
I have a sneaky feeling you have been ashamed to be an American many times.

Old Today, 11:22 AM

5,854 posts, read 1,479,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/11/nyt-planes-tweet/

The New York Times tweeted today that it wasn’t Muslims OR Terrorists that attacked the Twin Towers.
It was planes that “took aim” (I guess all by themselves) and 2000 people died.

Best guess is that nobody at the New York Times today was actually living when the Terrorists Murdered over 3,000 people right down the street from their building.

They want to rewrite History ..... BUT normal people will never Forget
Wow, that's really f'ed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or