U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:43 PM

12,379 posts, read 8,231,870 times

Advertisements

I was driving to work when the news came on the radio to announce a plane had hit one of the buildings. At first I just thought it was an accident. The second plane hit right after I got to work and that is when I realized our world had changed forever.

Last edited by Timmyy; Today at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:47 PM

9,796 posts, read 6,466,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Just saying that is not only Muslim terrorists that target innocent civilians. As far as whether or not it was a cowardly act, I will leave that one on the table.

It was, and they were, THAT DAY, and THAT DAY is what we are talking about TODAY!

Old Today, 01:50 PM

953 posts, read 345,806 times
I was uptown - my first apartment, first job - getting ready for work. I had Howard Stern on the radio and he mentioned a plane crashing into one of the buildings. I thought it was a small private plane. A few minutes later, my mother calls from Florida. Tells me to lock the doors and fill the bathtub with water and that NYC was under attack. I thought she was being looney again - residue from her "resistance" days. She tells me to turn on the TV, I sit down, phone to my ear and proceed to watch the second tower get hit. She calmly asks me if I had begun filing the tub with water.

I stayed on the phone with her until the line went dead. But the water stayed on. The next few weeks included a bomb threat in my office building and emergency evacuation, jets flying overhead, prolonged walks from 50th street to 14th (as close as civilians were allowed to Ground Zero) random strangers offering American flags, candles and hugs.

Old Today, 01:50 PM

12,379 posts, read 8,231,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
Yes they did and Leftists want us to Forget. RIP to all who perished when “someone did something” and to all to died after attempting rescues. Curses to those who elect people, who excuse and try to erase the Horror of that attack on our Country and People.
We shouldn't be making this thread about politics but some of you on the right can't help yourselves and continue spewing the propaganda fed to you by your RWNJ media. Stop your anger for a moment and just respect what this day now means.

I don't know one leftist that wants to forget today. Nobody is trying to erase the horror of the attack. That is just lies you have accepted from your media source.

Old Today, 01:52 PM

9,796 posts, read 6,466,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How are the victims of 9/11 different from all the other innocents brutally robbed, caged, and killed by various State actors around the world on a daily basis?

I respect the victims by remaining consistent in loyalty to my principles of non-aggression and respect for private property regardless of who, what, when, and where.

That's not being political. It's apolitical. It's called being a human being.

Give me a break

I don't even have words to answer this drivel

Old Today, 01:56 PM

14,925 posts, read 10,826,615 times
Teaching elementary age kids on a West coast military base. I knew before leaving for work that something horrible had happened, because the alert came for my husband through the emergency phone tree, but we didn’t know what exactly. Many of the children watched their father leave the house equipped to be deployed, often with sobbing mothers, right before they came to my class. I saw the second plane hit right before the kids came. It was a very difficult day for multiple reasons.

Old Today, 02:00 PM

24,143 posts, read 12,669,238 times
Watching Good Morning America on the treadmill at home. Charlie Gibson came back from the commercial and showed the first tower. They talked about not knowing what it was -- until they got confirmation of a plane that hit the first tower. They had a camera on it when the second plane hit.

After that all the other stuff seemed to happen so fast and yet so slow.....other planes......

It's hard not to have a heavy heart today.

Old Today, 02:01 PM

31,123 posts, read 32,029,150 times
I left Victoria and was on my way offshore to fish tuna when I overheard a conversation between two sports fishermen... They were talking about a plane hitting one of the twin towers...I thought it was an accident until I returned from the tuna trip.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

5,096 posts, read 3,500,570 times
Back in my at work cubicle days. Co worker comes in from employee break room. Says a plane hit a high rise in NYC. Second hit made it clear this was a terrorist attack. Remember thinking nothing is going to be the same again. And it wasn’t. Hard to believe it’s been 18 years. Thinking about it even now makes me mad. So many innocent victims.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

1,260 posts, read 841,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We shouldn't be making this thread about politics but some of you on the right can't help yourselves and continue spewing the propaganda fed to you by your RWNJ media. Stop your anger for a moment and just respect what this day now means.

I don't know one leftist that wants to forget today. Nobody is trying to erase the horror of the attack. That is just lies you have accepted from your media source.
There are some leftist that do, but there are extremists on both sides
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or