U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:59 AM

22,012 posts, read 14,602,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't buy that for one second. Something that important the files would have been digitized or copied and sent offsite for this exact reason. Companies have been doing that well before 2001.
Oh really? So in 2001, you think they were worried about an imminent collapse of this structure and the loss of everything in it, and that everything in this investigation (from the late 90's) would have been copied and stored off site?

Sure thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:11 PM

8,549 posts, read 2,563,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We might as well face it that a certain percentage of people are just conspiracy junkies.
Are you including all the people who believe the silly conspiracy theory that is the "official" story? The story that we are supposed to believe is obviously false. You can't blame people for trying to find the truth.

Old Today, 12:16 PM

21,643 posts, read 10,416,312 times
I had several legitimate bookmarks about unusually high activity with put options for UA and AA in the days leading up to 9/11. All of them now lead to page not found.

And then there is this - something we haven't seen reported in our media:

https://archive.vn/rl01M#selection-1658.4-1658.5

Haaretz is an Israeli newspaper.

The biggest conspiracy bought by the most people is that our government always tells the truth about everything.

Old Today, 12:25 PM

11,687 posts, read 6,013,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Are you including all the people who believe the silly conspiracy theory that is the "official" story? The story that we are supposed to believe is obviously false. You can't blame people for trying to find the truth.
Most Americans prefer to be stage-coached rather than rail-roaded.

Generally, though, they get both.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; Today at 12:40 PM..

Old Today, 12:26 PM

17,380 posts, read 14,016,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why is the "official " version obviously false?

Old Today, 12:49 PM

11,687 posts, read 6,013,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

The biggest conspiracy bought by the most people is that our government always tells the truth about everything.
"Oh, Oh, Oh - We're not saying we didn't do it, we're just saying we can't admit it." -USG

Last edited by Hyperthetic; Today at 01:07 PM..

Old Today, 01:07 PM

1,995 posts, read 1,985,350 times
Quote:
I had several legitimate bookmarks about unusually high activity with put options for UA and AA in the days leading up to 9/11. All of them now lead to page not found.

Also telling that Youtube is now going after/censoring videos about certain historical events, one of which is 9/11 "conspiracy" theories.

If they were completely inane and "fake", why would the Powers That Be concern themselves so much with such "fringe" videos

Old Today, 01:27 PM

57,330 posts, read 55,562,724 times
Quote:

Do you actually know anyone who REALLY believes that, though? I mean, it's a popular thing that's always said in these conversations, but I've never met anyone who believes what the government tells them without question. Not one person. Ever. And I am 61 years old.

My mother is nearly 91, of sound mind, fairly conservative and religious, and she doesn't believe everything the government tells her.

Why would she? She lived through the Great Depression and WWII.

The problem here is that so many of you have no clear idea what the "the government" said and what it didn't say. There seems to be this bizarre perception that "the government" swooped down on lower Manhattan after 9/11 and cordoned it off and conducted the recovery and cleanup and investigation in some kind of secret operation. It simply is not true, and there are literally tens of thousands of people in NYC who can verify that.

Did someone in "the government" have something to do with the attacks? Did someone in "the government" know it was going to happen and let it even if they didn't do it themselves? I don't know, neither do you. Are those things possible? YES.

But I do know that there was no controlled demolition, and that the towers were not hollow and empty and it was all faked, and that there were actually airplanes flown in the buildings, and that from the impact the steel was terribly damaged, and that there was fire throughout the buildings from the jet fuel, and I know those things because a) I was INSIDE one of those towers at impact, b) I knew what the steel was supposed to sound like because I worked there and listened to it for 20 years and knew that the sound was wrong and the steel was badly damaged--and if you don't know what I mean by this it means you don't know basic jack squat about the World Trade Center, and c) because I literally know hundreds of engineers who were in the building that day who knew the structure, who participated in the collapse analysis no matter how very badly some people want you to believe that "the government" did the investigation of the collapse in a vacuum, and who have no reason to lie for a government that you want to believe killed their friends and family.

It is a sign of our times that people think that what they see on video is everything, when in fact, when I watch the videos of that day, I am amazed how much you cannot see and hear. The vids are shot from a quarter mile away. You don't see the pieces of the building falling from the impact sites (and hitting/killing people) before the collapses, you don't truly hear the sound that the collapses made going down, and you don't see the fires and smell the jet fuel and see the people with skin hanging from their bodies being walked down the stairs or the plane parts and body parts lying on the Plaza. And in the Naudet brothers' film of the impact of the first tower, it is absolutely astounding to me that the plane looks as if it sails into the north side of the tower like butter when in reality, at that moment, all hell broke loose inside.

I realize most people who so very badly have their hearts set on believing the conspiracy sites would not be interested in reading a book, but if anyone is truly interested in the events of the day, one book that is helpful to understand a small part of what it was like inside the buildings is this one (not the documentary of the same name, which is different.)

https://www.amazon.com/102-Minutes-U.../dp/0805094210

And I had an Israeli coworker. He survived, but apparently he didn't get the IM. Not saying your posted story isn't true, but this sounds suspiciously like the conspiracy tale that "no Jews were in the WTC that day because they were warned". I have a number of dead Jewish coworkers, as well as Muslims, Christians, and Hindus, and others.

Old Today, 01:38 PM

12,379 posts, read 8,231,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This comes up again and again, but there is a FIVE-HOUR documentary that that has received numerous five-star reviews that has debunked the Popular Mechanics article -- and, to my knowledge, this documentary has NOT been debunked (or at least not entirely). It quotes various experts who believe the official story and then debunks them.

What I challenge each of you to do (and, no, I don't expect this will happen!) is to click on the video, randomly "scan" to any point of the documentary, and just watch five minutes of it. Either you will be "hooked" or you won't, but the information is out there for those who don't swallow government reports just because it came from the government -- and, of course, the government never lies. (LOL)

Anyway, I am not going to argue with anyone on this thread. I have done it many times before, and I am convinced that some people are simply stubborn. (And, yes, I can certainly be stubborn, too, but if someone factually refutes what I believe beyond any reasonable doubt, then I concede.) Again, to my knowledge, all 50 questions that this documentary asks have NOT been answered. And, my theory as to why is because the government is operating on the theory that "if you ignore it, it will go away." (Well, it did not work for the JFK assassination, and it hasn't yet entirely worked for the 9/11 official story.)

The following link is the IMDb summary with eight reviews. (I chose this because it is the most non-biased a source as I could find.) Out of 291 reviews, it has received a 9.0 rating out of 10.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3828916/

And here is the documentary itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBMrzibEwZA

Anyway, this will be my last post on THIS thread. Again, what you believe is up to you, OF COURSE!!
See ya!

Old Today, 01:44 PM

1,547 posts, read 325,968 times
I don't believe for one second the official story.

Here some things I find suspicious:

- Netanyahu said 9/11 was good for Israel.

- Trump said on video that day it was impossible those buildings collapsed from fi̶r̶e̶ planes.

- Shorting stocks in airlines and insurance companies.

- Multiple military drills that day.

- Trillions of dollars continue to be unaccounted in the Pentagon. I understand this doesn't necessarily mean stolen/missing. Let's just say the trillions of dollars unaccounted for keep increasing every year.

- Giving visas to terrorists in Saudi Arabia.

- The war on terror has been beneficial for the military industrial complex (weapons, intelligence, equipment, etc)

- Oil producers benefited from higher oil prices.

And on and on...

Last edited by thelogo; Today at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies