U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

25,988 posts, read 10,018,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Exactly. "Pull it" is firefighter lingo which means retreat. Withdraw.
I actually disagree. I've never heard it used like that. I've only heard/seen "evacuate" as the word to get out. Either that or a number code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM

1,548 posts, read 326,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I don't believe for one second the official story.

Here some things I find suspicious:

- Netanyahu said 9/11 was good for Israel.

-

- Shorting stocks in airlines and insurance companies.

- Multiple military drills that day.

- Trillions of dollars continue to be unaccounted in the Pentagon. I understand this doesn't necessarily mean stolen/missing. Let's just say the trillions of dollars unaccounted for keep increasing every year.

- Giving visas to terrorists in Saudi Arabia.

- The war on terror has been beneficial for the military industrial complex (weapons, intelligence, equipment, etc)

- Oil producers benefited from higher oil prices. Bush and company... people at the head of government at the time.

And on and on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Excuse me, but what the hell would TRUMP know about the WTC buildings or the collapse analysis???? In 2001 he was just some wealthy goofball in the hotel and real estate industry who liked to get his name in the news. He had no connection with the World Trade Center, and he's certainly no structural engineer.

I'm going with what the real live structural and civil engineers say WHO WERE THERE that day, for the cleanup, the investigation, and who reviewed the NIST draft report.

(Cue some low-IQ-er posting that retarded "9/11 A&E" site"...)
Since you are are keen on responding to my comments I took what I said about Trump back. Let's say you are right. I'd like to hear more on my other points.

Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM

57,366 posts, read 55,577,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Is Building 7 the one Silverstein is on video saying he told them had to be pulled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope...silverstein never TOLD anyone to pull it

are you calling the firemen liars???????

Battalion Chief John Norman
Special Operations Command - 22 years

From there, we looked out at 7 World Trade Center again. You could see smoke,....fire, and some damage to the south face. You couldn’t really see from where we were on the west face of the building, but at the edge of the south face you could see that it was very heavily damaged.
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/9...gz/norman.html

------------

Captain Chris Boyle
Engine 94 - 18 years

Boyle: ...on the north and east side of 7 it didn’t look like there was any damage at all, but then you looked on the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors. Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good.

Firehouse: When you looked at the south side, how close were you to the base of that side?

Boyle: I was standing right next to the building, probably right next to it.

Firehouse: When you had fire on the 20 floors, was it in one window or many?

Boyle: There was a huge gaping hole and it was scattered throughout there. It was a huge hole. I would say it was probably about a third of it, right in the middle of it. And so after Visconti came down and said nobody goes in 7, we said all right, we’ll head back to the command post. We lost touch with him. I never saw him again that day.
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/9.../gz/boyle.html

------------

The biggest decision we had to make was to clear the area and create a collapse zone around the severely damaged [WTC Building 7]. A number of fire officers and companies assessed the damage to the building. The appraisals indicated that the building's integrity was in serious doubt. Fire chief Daniel Nigro and Chief William Harvey

------------

Deputy Chief Peter Hayden
Division 1 - 33 years

...also we were pretty sure that 7 World Trade Center would collapse. Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o’clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse.

Firehouse: Was there heavy fire in there right away?
Hayden: No, not right away, and that’s probably why it stood for so long because it took a while for that fire to develop. It was a heavy body of fire in there and then we didn’t make any attempt to fight it. That was just one of those wars we were just going to lose. We were concerned about the collapse of a 47-story building there. We were worried about additional collapse there of what was remaining standing of the towers and the Marriott, so we started pulling the people back after a couple of hours of surface removal and searches along the surface of the debris. We started to pull guys back because we were concerned for their safety.
http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/9...gz/hayden.html

----------------------
Quote:
He's been recorded saying he told them to pull it. Are you saying he lied?
Nope, it's on video. What's wrong is people trying to make that mean that by "pull it" he meant "blow it up".

AS IF Larry had the authority to tell the FDNY and the WTC engineers to do this in the first place or that they would listen to him and do what HE said. It's actually pretty funny that people believe this.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Since you are are keen on responding to my comments I took what I said about Trump back. Let's say you are right. I'd like to hear more on my other points.
I have no information or knowledge about any of the other points, sorry, except that nobody can deny that this event was promoted as a reason for more war, and that the US government, or at least those who support those in power, just loves war for profit.

Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM

5,718 posts, read 3,150,420 times
Only thing I'm reminded of is this underground classic(no I don't believe we did it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzSzl2oDHI

Old Today, 07:03 AM

22,022 posts, read 14,606,265 times
Sure, I trust them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12b...ErK_NmR-WnYvZo

Old Today, 07:28 AM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Quote:
Nope, it's on video. What's wrong is people trying to make that mean that by "pull it" he meant "blow it up".

AS IF Larry had the authority to tell the FDNY and the WTC engineers to do this in the first place or that they would listen to him and do what HE said. It's actually pretty funny that people believe this.
It is not at all out of the realm of posibility that the person in charge of the FDNY on that day would talk with the owner of the building before 'pulling it'. At the very least they would have told him they felt the need to do so and his response was, 'yes, pull it'.

There is no other meaning for that phrase that fits. He certainly does not have the authority to tell the FDNY to evacuate the building, so nope, that's out of the equation.

Old Today, 08:02 AM

Quote:
It is not at all out of the realm of posibility that the person in charge of the FDNY on that day would talk with the owner of the building before 'pulling it'. At the very least they would have told him they felt the need to do so and his response was, 'yes, pull it'.

There is no other meaning for that phrase that fits. He certainly does not have the authority to tell the FDNY to evacuate the building, so nope, that's out of the equation.
I didn't say they didn't talk with him. They did, along with the PA engineers, and he agreed with their decision to abandon efforts to save the building, but he really would not have said anything different. He's a real estate mogul, not an engineer or a firefighter. Of course he's going to listen to them. But if he had said, no, try to save it, they would have overruled him, and he knew that.

Old Today, 08:03 AM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Quote:
I didn't say they didn't talk with him. They did, along with the PA engineers, and he agreed with their decision to abandon efforts to save the building, but he really would not have said anything different. He's a real estate mogul, not an engineer or a firefighter. Of course he's going to listen to them.
Yes....about pulling it. They told him they were going to have to pull it and he agreed.

Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Yes....about pulling it. They told him they were going to have to pull it and he agreed.
Yep, but my point is that his agreement was moot at that point and he was "asked" about it as a courtesy. He knew the PA WTC engineers from years of working with them as the builder and owner of Seven, plus they had just started the transition with the operations of the other buildings, so he'd been working with them closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies