Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 03:48 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...-trade-center/

Seems every year the number of people believing these conspiracies grows and they come out the woodwork on the anniversary of 9/11 so above is my response to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 04:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
We might as well face it that a certain percentage of people are just conspiracy junkies. No matter what happens, be it a mass shooting or some terrorist attack, they are right there with their little theories about how it never happened or it was fabricated by the government.

We just have to ignore them, otherwise we end up arguing with people who have no concept of reality. Those of us who live in the real world know **** happens.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:23 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
What a couple of hypofactuls!

Take a hike off the dock of your bray.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:28 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
popular mechanics may not be a reliable source just saying..many people simply do not trust the government in honor of the people who died on 9/11 i will refrain from listing what appear to me as "fishy" coincidences... the consensus is that the general population accepts the official story

Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Terrorists conspired to attack the US using passenger jets.

That was the only conspiracy which occurred.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We might as well face it that a certain percentage of people are just conspiracy junkies. No matter what happens, be it a mass shooting or some terrorist attack, they are right there with their little theories about how it never happened or it was fabricated by the government.

We just have to ignore them, otherwise we end up arguing with people who have no concept of reality. Those of us who live in the real world know **** happens.
Thanks Don and lets all remember what the day cost our country. I do not mean in money, I mean is memories, lives ruined and lost, families left without a mom, dad, wife, child. I bet, more than any other even if you can call it that, we all remember that day.

I think of the conspiracy angle the same as those who say that the holicust never happened. Sorry for the spelling, my mind is blank this morning.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:30 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...-trade-center/

Seems every year the number of people believing these conspiracies grows and they come out the woodwork on the anniversary of 9/11 so above is my response to them.
This comes up again and again, but there is a FIVE-HOUR documentary that that has received numerous five-star reviews that has debunked the Popular Mechanics article -- and, to my knowledge, this documentary has NOT been debunked (or at least not entirely). It quotes various experts who believe the official story and then debunks them.

What I challenge each of you to do (and, no, I don't expect this will happen!) is to click on the video, randomly "scan" to any point of the documentary, and just watch five minutes of it. Either you will be "hooked" or you won't, but the information is out there for those who don't swallow government reports just because it came from the government -- and, of course, the government never lies. (LOL)

Anyway, I am not going to argue with anyone on this thread. I have done it many times before, and I am convinced that some people are simply stubborn. (And, yes, I can certainly be stubborn, too, but if someone factually refutes what I believe beyond any reasonable doubt, then I concede.) Again, to my knowledge, all 50 questions that this documentary asks have NOT been answered. And, my theory as to why is because the government is operating on the theory that "if you ignore it, it will go away." (Well, it did not work for the JFK assassination, and it hasn't yet entirely worked for the 9/11 official story.)

The following link is the IMDb summary with eight reviews. (I chose this because it is the most non-biased a source as I could find.) Out of 291 reviews, it has received a 9.0 rating out of 10.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3828916/

And here is the documentary itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBMrzibEwZA

Anyway, this will be my last post on THIS thread. Again, what you believe is up to you, OF COURSE!!

Old 09-11-2019, 06:32 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Tsk tsk tsk some people will never learn to not question the party line

Old 09-11-2019, 06:37 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
The way conspiracies work is by taking one small sliver of truth and build an entire story around it. A friend told me that flight 93 which crashed in Somerset county Pa. was actually shot down by our military over Ohio. He went on to say that a lab has a piece of the wing that proves it. I asked him which lab has the wing and that brought the conversation to an end.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
People who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy theory are weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies