Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 07:52 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
You apparently aren't informed. They are military people, District Attorneys, Vice Presidents, business people, teachers, in addition to being in politics. They know the government, the law, have held jobs, and have honorably served the country. More than Individual 1 has ever done (Individual 1 has never even had a job, been to a grocery store, shot a gun, or even driven a car, I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=przBmxak8KE

Quote:
...he's a privileged boy).
No doubt.

I think that is partially responsible for his whiny 'tone' on Twitter.

Quote:
And not one of them has a gold toilet! So that's a plus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There were no unfair insults made toward the groups that you mentioned by Trump.
What a crock. He's leveled the most disgusting rhetoric against immigrant and minority groups of any POTUS since the civil rights era.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:56 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't know what your last word is supposed to be--something you'd heard on that talk radio some of you apparently listen to?

But Democrats are definitely NOT for open borders. We want enforcement of the laws, border control, and a decent immigration policy. I think maybe some of these candidates are just making talking points--you know, the things they say just to get votes. All politicians do it. They will never get open borders because no one wants that. The senate and the house would not allow them to have open borders. Who would want endless numbers of people emptying out their countries and coming here to sponge off us? No one. Some of them sound like they do, but it's empty words and they wouldn't be allowed to do it anyway. It's something they say just to get some extra votes. Do not worry. We will NEVER have open borders. That would be idiotic.
You may not want to hear this, but you are a Republican. It's literally a talking point, free healthcare for EVERYONE. Including illegals. Plus education. Plus welfare/SNAP. Idiotic...yes...we have tried to reason with them, but are told we are cold hearted.

Trump is pro immigration. He just wants it legally. We need immigrants, we all know this. Immigrants make America great.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
What a crock. He's leveled the most disgusting rhetoric against immigrant and minority groups of any POTUS since the civil rights era.
More BS from the Peanut Gallery running with their talking points.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:58 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Don’t you love the way the Dems blur the lines of legal vs illegal immigration?
They do it all the time and it's blatantly dishonest. The issue was about illegal immigration and then the candidates all went on to talk about legal immigration and how wonderful it is. The hard core illegal alien supporters did express wanting amnesty for illegal aliens including the DACAs. They think they should all be rewarded for breaking our immigration laws by giving them a path to citizenship.

I can't stand that racist, ethnocentric Jorge Ramos with a tribal mentality. Sell out Biden wouldn't answer his question of what he thought about Obama deporting illegal aliens while he was in office. They are all so into pandering for the Hispanic vote that not a damned one would support the enforcement of our immigration laws to Ramos. What a bunch of anti-American traitors! How can any sane Democrat vote for any of them?

Old 09-12-2019, 07:58 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Elizabeth Warren always looks like she took a nap and has bed head.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:59 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,206,522 times
I will say one thing....by this pioint in the previous debates I have signed out. At least they aren't shouting over each other. and are being pretty civil. It makes the debate initefinely more bearable.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Warren sounds strong. Like her or not, she's smart and is principled.
she is not smart. her unrealistic platform is appalling - how does she possibly expect to sell that to Americans - free kindergarten? free this, free that? she does what populists have done for decades - just promise every damn thing to people and hope things happen.

i am not attacking you, Crow Girl. but i am just not finding any faith in those few up there who just want everything to be free through the government.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
The D party is unfortunately the only major party in the US that accepts science and facts any more.

And for that reason I cannot even consider voting R.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:01 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Dems should keep their mouths shut.

The reduction in hot air will go a long way toward reducing global warming

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies