Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 08:17 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm against immigration that alters the country's demographics. So I could support the immigration policy in place before the 1965 Immigration Act. But really I think this country has had too much immigration for too long and too large of a population all together, so while I'd prefer immigration of national origins that would remediate what the 1965 onward immigration laws did, maybe just ending immigration all together would be best.
It's already happened. There's no turning back the clock.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, if that's a concern for ya'll - get to work reproducing. Like the Quiverfull folks?

Mormons (LDS) also tend to have larger families.
So do Orthodox Jews - and average of eight kids. In fact, I've read that as secular Jews intermarry and have few(er) kids, Orthodox Jews will represent a greater percentage of Jews, and since Orthodox tend to be Republicans, eventually the Jewish vote will go R.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
I'm against immigration that alters the country's demographics. So I could support the immigration policy in place before the 1965 Immigration Act. But really I think this country has had too much immigration for too long and too large of a population all together, so while I'd prefer immigration of national origins that would remediate what the 1965 onward immigration laws did, maybe just ending immigration all together would be best.
Immigration is what this country was based on; it's what made America great. We should encourage immigration. If you White Supremacists don't like it, you can leave. That will make room for more immigrants.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 PM

8,335 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Immigration is what this country was based on; it's what made America great. We should encourage immigration. If you White Supremacists don't like it, you can leave. That will make room for more immigrants.
It was based on immigration from European countries until the Immigration Act of 1965. Kennedy said it would not change the ethnic mix. He was wrong. Lots of those that hate whites are just fine that their percentages are being reduced. Not only are those coming not white. They’re coming from 3rd world countries. Most of them. Clowns don’t care. Democrats don’t care. They’ll take all the voters they can buy. Ignore immigration laws, amnesty, instant democrat.

The U.S. is turning into another Brazil. I don’t blame non-whites. I blame our white traitor politicians.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:12 PM

284 posts, read 78,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
It was based on immigration from European countries until the Immigration Act of 1965. Kennedy said it would not change the ethnic mix. He was wrong. Lots of those that hate whites are just fine that their percentages are being reduced. Not only are those coming not white. They’re coming from 3rd world countries. Most of them. Clowns don’t care. Democrats don’t care. They’ll take all the voters they can buy. Ignore immigration laws, amnesty, instant democrat.

The U.S. is turning into another Brazil. I don’t blame non-whites. I blame our white traitor politicians.
Unfortunately, it's too late.

In the next 50 years or less the whites will become the minority and the non-whites will become the majority.

Whites are not giving birth in high numbers like the non-whites do and so even if legal immigration to the US is cut the non-whites will still end up being the majority because of their high birth rates.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:19 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
We are no longer a nation of immigrants but a nation of native born American citizens. Our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant one. We no longer need the number of immigrants we needed over 100 years ago. I'm not opposed to some immigration that fits our needs but we are importing way to many of them and not all of their cultures are compatible with ours. It has nothing to do with white Supremacy. That kind of BS needs to stop being repeated! Why should we make more room for more immigrants just because you don't like some Americans when this country belongs to Americans no matter what their race is?

Old 09-12-2019, 10:27 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Well, the immigration policies before 1965 were racist - biased against Asian and Latin American countries. Folks who looked like me were all but barred by the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act and the 1924 Asian Exclusion Act, and Asian immigrants weren't even allowed to be naturalized as US citizens until the late 1940s and early 1950s.

I'm darned glad that we don't have those days anymore, and aren't going back to them, despite your nativist wishful thinking. Just deal with it and accept it.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:50 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What will end up happening is Russia will be the whitest country in the world, and a destination for illegals around the world. And Russia has a massive border, no way they can ever hope to secure it. My guess is they will make it a punishing place for minorities to live, and people will still try to sneak in.
What's so attractive about Russia to attract immigrants? Their life expectancy had dropped quite a bit since the end of the USSR --- though it's improving.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:00 PM

17,301 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Here in the Pacific Northwest Russians/Ukrainians are a huge immigrant group. Doing the sort of work you see Mexican immigrants doing elsewhere. Hear Russian spoken all over. Russian shops. Sitting in doctors waiting rooms with staff trying to communicate with them via Google Translate.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:23 PM

17,301 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Portland metro has one of the largest group of Russian speakers in the country. Have their own churches, markets, barber shops, furniture stores, etc. They're a rather tight knit community making their own enclaves rather than assimilating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies