Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:11 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I've lived up and down the west coast and have my opinions, but am curious as to your thoughts?
America is one of the least racist countries and I've lived in dozens. Still every one everywhere is a bit racist.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:20 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
America is one of the least racist countries and I've lived in dozens. Still every one everywhere is a bit racist.
Without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The number/% of racists have not changed.

The number of people who are racist who don't think they are has skyrocketed.
This made me LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I grew up in the deep South in the 50s and 60s, and there are not nearly as many racists now and way more people overall. I experienced the race riots in '68, and was one of 4 white players on a team with 45 black players in 75, and we were called boy. Racism back then was open, stark and often violent. Thigs have changed a great deal.

Things are way better now. The only thing constant is change. My mother used to say ''nothing is ever as good, or bad, as it seems at the time.'' We would all be better off if we tried harder to concentrate on the things we have in common. "Treat people the way you'd like to be treated".

Buddhism: 560 BC, From the Udanavarga 5:18- "Hurt not others with that which pains yourself."

Judaism: 1300 BC, from the Old Testament, Leviticus 19:18- "Thou shalt Love thy neighbor as thyself."

Hinduism: 3200 BC, From the Hitopadesa- "One should always treat others as they themselves wish to be treated."

Zoroastrianism: 600 BC, From the Shast-na-shayast 13:29- "Whatever is disagreeable to yourself, do not do unto others."

Confucianism: 557 BC, From the Analects 15:23- "What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."

Christianity: 30 AD, From the King James Version , 7:12- "Whatsoever ye would that others should do to you, do ye even so to them."
Great post.. it really speaks to me despite being agnostic.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
I've lived up and down the west coast and have my opinions, but am curious as to your thoughts?
There are definitely more racists then, for example, in Canada or UK.

It used to be you didn't hear much from them - obviously - because they had no way of "getting out". Now that liberals and non-racists have created the inter web and the tools to express yourself, they can't help but spread their mess.

I don't think it is working tho.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:33 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There are definitely more racists then, for example, in Canada or UK.

It used to be you didn't hear much from them - obviously - because they had no way of "getting out". Now that liberals and non-racists have created the inter web and the tools to express yourself, they can't help but spread their mess.

I don't think it is working tho.
I should have stated in this country.

LOL I can hear it now.. liberals created the internet to take out the right. Now they're using science to take our money.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
It's never gone away, but the Trump era has made it socially acceptable to be openly racist again. More or less since the end of the civil rights era, racism has been frowned on in our culture. Now, it's become a virtue.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:02 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
More racists in America than other countries or more racists now than in the past?

I'm not sure which of these questions you're asking because there's too little context in the OP's questions but I can answer the second question with an example:

Whenever I see a news story that allows public comment, especially if it's reposted onto Facebook where people are using their real names and photos. Assuming the people commenting really match their real name profiles, just like being curious about a train wreck, I've occasionally clicked on their profile to see who is saying nasty, ignorant racist stuff (and not borderline offensive comments where someone with a thin skin may get upset- these are outright nasty racist comments that would be against the terms of service to repeat here).

I've noticed that most of the extreme racist comments are coming from people who really don't have much going on in their lives from an educational, gainful employment, entrepreneurial, or overall "I'm contributing to society" standpoint. They're very likely sitting at home, on the dole, maybe drunk or on drugs, and bitter with too much time on their hands.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Anti white racism is tolerated onnsocial media and some degree tv, so youre probably just noticing it more. And with the lefts badgering of "white males", you bet, They've been enabled.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:09 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
We're all ray-sists now! And we're here to help!

Last edited by finalmove; 09-12-2019 at 06:19 PM..

Old 09-12-2019, 06:17 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
What definition of "racist" is being used in this thread? The dictionary definition or the Current Year def, which is a very wide net.

Everything Is Racism | Hire a civil rights lawyer. You're a victim of racism.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:22 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Generally when they are caught being a racist.
Which in Current Year parlance, can be literally anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies