Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:10 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
That is a fictitious excuse. He is a gaff machine but now he can say just about anything and it will be okay because "he misspoke". Sorry, the left uses these double standards constantly and it's becoming a joke.

How can you possibly make that first statement, and then type with a strait face that the left has a double standard.

That is THE gold standard excuse for Trump.

He was kidding
He's not a good speaker, but you know what he meant
He was just trolling you
etc.

Biden is in fact a gaff machine, I'll give you that. Trump, is not a gaff machine, he's a chronic, purposful liar.

The double standard falls both ways, but Biden uses it to explain mistakes that he SHOULD NOT be making at his level, and Trump uses it to get out of lying.

And before you start: I used to like Biden, but I see him as everything that is wrong with career politicians. I think he'll say what he has to say to get a vote, and he'll do it with a politician's smile on his face. I'm not defending him in the slightest. Given a choice between his politician mentality and Trump's anti-America agenda, I'll choose Biden every time, but make no mistake, that does not mean I'm defending Biden, it just means he's the lesser of two evils. Trump has completely set a new low for dishonesty in politics. It's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 11:11 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
I mean, people can be legally imprisoned for missing jury duty. Should that really be the case?

Old 09-13-2019, 11:13 AM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Biden vs. DT: the gaff machine vs. the pathological liar. I think we're going to need an AI system to filter all the spin on this one.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:28 AM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
He mis-spoke.
Biden misspeaks

Trump lies

lmao

Old 09-13-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
his teeth fell out and caused him to mis speak
he needs some denturecreme or something, his dentures seem loose all the time or it could be he had a minor stroke.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That means that people like Bernie Maddoff, Blago, ID thief’s, shoplifters, drug smugglers, burglars, car thieves, bank robbers etc. as long as they ask and don’t use violence for what they want to take from you, to let free.

Think about that!!!

But cops are the enemy for Democrats!
Is that where you want government to get yet bigger by building more prisons for already one of the most incarcerated nations in the world? If so, where is the tax money coming from to do that, such as from the state level? I'm sure private prison companies want more money legislated for them.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 AM

so we all agree because Bernie Madoff was a non violent criminal, he should be let out of jail.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times
There are many people locked up that should not be. However, there are probably even more that are free, but need to be locked up! I get his point, but he's taking it too far. White colllar criminals already get off way too easy as it is. My problem is that repeat violent offenders keep being released on Probation, Parole, and plea bargains!

Old 09-13-2019, 11:39 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
The problem here is one of a judicial and corrections system lacking the will power to crack down on petty property crimes in a consistent manner, and at the first signs of lack of respect for other peoples; property rights -- the concept of "juvenile" status of the offender be damned!

It needs to be impressed upon what used to be called "juvenile delinquents" that the first acts of deviant behavior will bring immediate consequences -- probably just a weekend to two in community service as a starting point -- but with a clear message that, as with the principle of the "time value" of wealth, subsequent offense will bring heavier, and longer penalties.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-13-2019 at 12:05 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 11:59 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
The 2nd paragraph was also part of Biden's same response during the debate.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-crime-1493732

“The fact of the matter is that what's happened is that we're in a situation now where there are so many people who are in jail and shouldn't be in jail. The whole means by which this should change is to — the model has to change,” he said, adding: “Nobody should be in jail for a nonviolent crime.”

Biden then pointed out the number of commutations that took place when he was vice president, arguing that “nobody should be in jail for a drug problem” and that drug abusers should instead be in rehabilitation centers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies