Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:26 PM

2,004 posts, read 761,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Anyone who is dumb enough to vote for Dotard is voting for him even if there's live film of him massacring babies. That much is clear.

And yeah, everyone expects absurd/false, smears, like you detail above. Trump is a criminal, so no one is gonna vote against Biden because he said something against mass-incarceration and pro-drug treatment, any decent person wants immigrants to have some access to health care (after all, Melania has free health care, and she came illegally), and Trump is already in bed with terrorists like Putin, the Saudis and the NRA.

Biden will win, by a double-digit margin. And I'm an Independent. That's why Trumpies are so crazed about Biden. They know he's gonna dominate among moderate voters.
Please show evidence of him being a criminal. He’s certainly guilty of being a moron at times, but I’m still waiting to see evidence of all the crimes you libs keep accusing him of.

I’m guessing you probably think the FISA warrants were legit too thought, which explains your mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 03:06 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Leave it to a trumpster to turn things around. The US has the most incarcerated people in the world with the highest price tag. We, and that means you, are paying for the lockup to the tune of more than $80 billion dollars. You moan about the paying taxes for healthcare but have no problem paying to lock up a person for a misdemeanor crime. Wouldn't it make more sense to put an electronic monitoring device on them, allow them to go to work and pay taxes, until their sentence was complete? Releasing felons was never on the table.

I would like to suggest that in order to cut the cost of incarcerating felons in the US that we outsource these felons to, let's say, Chinese prisons. The big bonus here is that when they return to the US the recidivism rate would be zero.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:28 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Is that where you want government to get yet bigger by building more prisons for already one of the most incarcerated nations in the world? If so, where is the tax money coming from to do that, such as from the state level? I'm sure private prison companies want more money legislated for them.
That means you must be very happy with the President as he made sure to set free a lot of non violent criminals that got way too long sentences.

Obama did nothing for them but Donald Trump made sure that some sentences were cut short!

But your liberal fake news channels fail to mention that so you probably are uninformed about that as all I can see is repeat of personal attacks on the President from uninformed left wingers.

Calling names is old, dumb, and shows that the person is clueless and has no common sense to start a decent discussion.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:05 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
the justice system is in need of desperate reconstruction.

Too many people in prisons, which translates to too much taxpayer cash going to support them.

Restitution vs rehabilitation should be the focus.

surely crimes can be punished in ways that do not include imprisonment.

Biden's one size fits all solution is typical political nonsense.

the current justice system solutions are legacy form the 19th century.

fire activist judges and prosecutors.

too many minor crimes getting life sentences.

Amp up death penalty and shorten appeals process..... hold prosecutors and cops legally responsible for 'mistakes' and errors that end in a death sentence of an innocent person. Outright fraud vs administrative errors.

Death penalty carried out by dropping a 20 ton weight from 20 feet high. No appeals for lethal inject cocktails or electrical shorts. No suffering.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:21 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
I'm sorry but Biden is just sad....someone should have pulled him long before it got this bad

Old 09-13-2019, 11:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
I think that not sending people to prison who commit non-violent crimes makes sense. If the victim sustains a loss of money or property the offender needs to make that good no matter how long that takes, but work release with GPS monitoring would be cheaper and probably more effective than having them sit in jail where they can't earn any money to repay the victim. The other main category of non-violent crimes involve things like drug possession and I can't think of any reason why a person should go to jail or prison for personal possession of a controlled substance. I think in general we need to be careful who we put in prison because no one comes out better than when they went in, most graduate from stealing cars to doing robberies.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:52 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That means that people like Bernie Maddoff, Blago, ID thief’s, shoplifters, drug smugglers, burglars, car thieves, bank robbers etc. as long as they ask and don’t use violence for what they want to take from you, to let free.

Think about that!!!

But cops are the enemy for Democrats!
You are a complete liar. provide proof. If you cannot then you should leave the board.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
He mis-spoke.
Again

Old 09-14-2019, 05:01 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
That is a fictitious excuse. He is a gaff machine but now he can say just about anything and it will be okay because "he misspoke". Sorry, the left uses these double standards constantly and it's becoming a joke.

That is a perfect description of Trump. Talk about "double standards".

Old 09-14-2019, 05:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No, he didn't say that.

Biden said that once a felon has done his time, he should get all of his civil rights back. He should be allowed to vote again, to own property, and everything else.

Because the felon has paid the penalty and is now free, but not really free at all. He will continue to pay for his crime for the rest of his life because he is denied all the freedoms the rest of us enjoy.

I suggest you think about that. I don't know many felons, but I know a couple; they both served their sentences, and once freed, never committed another crime in their lives, but were never able to vote, no matter how upstanding they were.

Parole is intended to be the time period when a felon can prove he's now an honest citizen once more and won't re-offend. If parole is successful, then why should any of his freedoms that were denied not be restored to him?

So does someone ever deserve a second chance, or not? Is suspicion permitted to overcome facts?

If it is, then why not sentence all criminals to life sentences behind bars for all offenses? That's the only way possible to remove all suspicion the criminal won't re-offend.

The suspicion also indicates the person who suspects another is basically unable to take care of himself. He's depending on the government to take care of him instead.

Sure, any felon warrants some suspicion once released.

But if the guy stays honest, why should he continue to be punished forever? Is prison intended to be for rehabilitation or for only punishment?
Spot on.

Who are you and what have you done with banjomike?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies