Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
There is not one single reason that you can possibly give which will make a program which involves college students talking to preteens about sex - any kind of sex - an acceptable program. And I’m speaking from the point of view of someone whose best friend is gay and whose daughter has a girlfriend.
Are they talking about sex? If so, agreed.

Or are they talking about their life as lgbt people and how to survive in our culture?

Their speeches are apparently based on a mere 300 word essay..."about various topics (Berkeley's LGBTQ community, allyship, and combatting bullying),"
https://decal.berkeley.edu/courses/4912
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 07:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Are they talking about sex? If so, agreed.

Or are they talking about their life as lgbt people and how to survive in our culture?

Their speeches are apparently based on a mere 300 word essay..."about various topics (Berkeley's LGBTQ community, allyship, and combatting bullying),"
https://decal.berkeley.edu/courses/4912
How does anyone survive in our culture?

Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM

For some reason you are going all negative and assuming this must be some smutty homosexual erotica talk. "Community, allyship, and combatting bullying" is much more tame than the heterosexual sex ed I got starting in elementary school in a very conservative community in the Florida panhandle and continued at a middle school on a conservative US military base overseas.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
For some reason you are going all negative and assuming this must be some smutty homosexual erotica talk. "Community, allyship, and combatting bullying" is much more tame than the heterosexual sex ed I got starting in elementary school.
Allyship means you are an advocate. It's a recruitment tactic.

Community and bullying discussion is repetitive to other programs. Unless they want more community in LGBT. See recruitment comment above.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:08 PM

Ally just means it's safe to talk to or exist around me and I won't punch your face in.

Again, if you think you can be "recruited" into being gay, you must be hiding something from yourself. No one could change my sexuality.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Ally just means it's safe to talk to or exist around me and I won't punch your face in.

Again, if you think you can be "recruited" into being gay, you must be hiding something from yourself. No one could change my sexuality.
Ally means you are an ADVOCATE for LGBT.

Then why are they talking to kids? Why are they so insistent on gaining access to children through public schools and libraries? Why the early grab ... plant the seed of doubt .. tactics?

Ever talk to any lesbians? I've met a few who have said it's a choice. Bad fathers, bad male relationships, they chose the lifestyle. Flat out admitted it. Went into it as a choice. Option was offered up and they took it instead of dealing with their own emotional issues.

So yes. People can do lots of things.

But preying on children is wrong.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ally means you are an ADVOCATE for LGBT.

Then why are they talking to kids? Why are they so insistent on gaining access to children through public schools and libraries? Why the early grab ... plant the seed of doubt .. tactics?

Ever talk to any lesbians? I've met a few who have said it's a choice. Bad fathers, bad male relationships, they chose the lifestyle. Flat out admitted it. Went into it as a choice. Option was offered up and they took it instead of dealing with their own emotional issues.

So yes. People can do lots of things.

But preying on children is wrong.
I've known bisexuals who have made a choice to commit to one gender over another...not outright gay men or lesbians who talked themselves into being attracted to the same sex.

It's about telling kids who are already LGBT that it is OK. That group has a high suicide rate. 5 times the attempt rate of heterosexual teens.

Have you talked to gays and lesbians who said they knew very early on that they were attracted to the same sex?

Late elementary/early middle school is when we start teaching kids about sex ed. That's the appropriate time as they head into puberty.

Last edited by notnamed; 09-13-2019 at 07:27 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 07:36 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Yet another story about K-12 students being taught to question their identity and sexuality. Such a sick agenda. Better see what your kids are being "taught" in school. Now Cal Berkeley is offering college credit to go indoctrinate middle schoolers with this agenda.......

Article
Yes, I'd rather my kids talk to a counselor, or me for that matter.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:50 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
These losers need to leave kids alone. This ever happens around my kids and there will be hell to pay

Last edited by Ralph_N_1962; 09-13-2019 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-14-2019, 02:16 AM

Quote:
I've known bisexuals who have made a choice to commit to one gender over another...not outright gay men or lesbians who talked themselves into being attracted to the same sex.

It's about telling kids who are already LGBT that it is OK. That group has a high suicide rate. 5 times the attempt rate of heterosexual teens.

Have you talked to gays and lesbians who said they knew very early on that they were attracted to the same sex?

Late elementary/early middle school is when we start teaching kids about sex ed. That's the appropriate time as they head into puberty.
You'd be OK with a 20 year old male talking to 12 year old girls in a public school class about how to have sex?

Think it's completely appropriate?

Anyone else notice the 180 change from teaching biologic reproduction to teaching sex to children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies